Does it exist?

Been looking and comparing forever now it seems; so I am turning to the experts: yall🤪🤙I want a break barrel .22 pistol capable of pesting to at least 15 to 20 yards...more would be epic. I've seen a few off brand cheapos but I've only seen one or 2 name brand that would do the job....opinions: GO!!

*NO CO2, PCP, MULTIPUMP*
if anyone has it or can make it ft airguns in lewisville tx... or ftairguns.com they make it all and have it all

Not sure what your actual goal is, but trying to get any kind of accuracy out of a spring powered pistol is a real challenge. At least I'm not up to it. Single strokers or multi-pumps are in a different league entirely, due to the essentially recoilless behavior. That said, there are a couple higher powered spring pistols out there that will make over 500 fps in .177, the HW45 and Diana LP8, if you want to give it a try. Enough for sparrows, but not enough for squirrels in my opinion.

If you are looking for a compact springer for close range pesting, start with something like the HW30s. Shorten the barrel, shorten the stock, and put a red dot on it. More accurate and more powerful than any springer pistol can be.

HW 45 is not what we call a break barrel, but close, more of an overlever design. I have one and it's a good shooter. Mine is .177 and would be fine for small pests to that range. It also has rail grooves so a red dot or scope can be easily mounted. Personally for accuracy I prefer the HW75 which is a rather powerful single stroke pneumatic pistol, more accurate and no recoil to deal with. THe 45 is much easier to cock, and actually has the ability to "half cock" for a lower power level.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Not sure what your actual goal is, but trying to get any kind of accuracy out of a spring powered pistol is a real challenge. At least I'm not up to it. Single strokers or multi-pumps are in a different league entirely, due to the essentially recoilless behavior. That said, there are a couple higher powered spring pistols out there that will make over 500 fps in .177, the HW45 and Diana LP8, if you want to give it a try. Enough for sparrows, but not enough for squirrels in my opinion.

If you are looking for a compact springer for close range pesting, start with something like the HW30s. Shorten the barrel, shorten the stock, and put a red dot on it. More accurate and more powerful than any springer pistol can be.
Much thanks for the input!🎩🤙

I have a P1 (Hw45) it was 20 caliber now it's 177. Also comes in 22. It was at one time one of the most powerful spring piston pistols. Still it's probably not powerful for pesting anything but sparrows past 15 yards. I doubt it has enough power for squirrels past 5 yards.

That and it's so hold sensitive it's hard to shoot accurately. I have a hard time hitting an inch and half target at ten yards with any predictability. Sure sometimes I get on a roll and do much better with it, but I'm not able to count on it.

These guns are notoriously difficult to shoot accurately with any regularity. Take it from someone who owns one, they're not easy to shoot accurately. They're a heck of a lot of fun for casual shooting but I think a PCP pistol is a much better choice for pesting. Followed by a pumper like a 1322.

Also older guns like mine have a tapered 13/14 mm dovetail that I have yet to find a picatinny adapter for. I believe the newer model has an 11mm dovetail and is easy to find adapters for.

I have a P1 (Hw45) it was 20 caliber now it's 177. Also comes in 22. It was at one time one of the most powerful spring piston pistols. Still it's probably not powerful for pesting anything but sparrows past 15 yards. I doubt it has enough power for squirrels past 5 yards.

That and it's so hold sensitive it's hard to shoot accurately. I have a hard time hitting an inch and half target at ten yards with any predictability. Sure sometimes I get on a roll and do much better with it, but I'm not able to count on it.

These guns are notoriously difficult to shoot accurately with any regularity. Take it from someone who owns one, they're not easy to shoot accurately. They're a heck of a lot of fun for casual shooting but I think a PCP pistol is a much better choice for pesting. Followed by a pumper like a 1322.

Also older guns like mine have a tapered 13/14 mm dovetail that I have yet to find a picatinny adapter for. I believe the newer model has an 11mm dovetail and is easy to find adapters for.
Thanks! I'm building my 2289, just waiting on parts to come in and was hoping for a stand-in in the mean time.🤷‍♂️🤪🎩🤙

They do not have what I am looking for 😩
bro im telling you call them and talk to esteban he is the owner.. he has a lathe and access to all kinds of equipment he makes his own tools.... when i fould that place it changed it all for me... worst comes to worst i bet they can point you the right way.

• Wow
Most pistol power I know of in a barrel cocker. Quality or lack there of is the question. They are cheap though. Can be gotten in a detachable stock model also.
50AB1689-BFD8-4BB0-A9DA-DF849C843F51.jpeg
2956774D-2FDE-4901-80E9-F955EA2C9B99.jpeg

• Love