Donny FL , coming soon

Just my calibrated ear, I have no DB meter or anything like that. Im not that special to have anything like that. I can find something on the ap store, but those are not going to be nearly as accurate as a high price device.

If you have a DB Meter, a good quality one, and what some numbers send me the meter and I will get you some numbers.
You can get an iPhone app for sound

How accurate is it though?

I could use an app to measure levels. Will be taking a bunch of toys to the range tomorrow. So can get some tests recorded. I did do some 50 foot testing to see if there was any poi shift, and found nothing with both units on the 700mm Panthera.

Going to test on a few other guns as well tomorrow and see what happens.

Reactions: EDventure
When I test a new airgun silencer, it's in an empty back room of the house. The echo will tell you pretty quickly how well a design works. Donny's line has a high-pitch tinny sound to my ears.
That is the thing with the DB readings. They all sound different to different people in the pitch, tone, and freq of the sound. To me if I can shoot in my backyard with my neighbors not knowing what I am doing..... this will typically tell you if a silencer is loud or not.

Reactions: Mr.H and darylm
Silent Thunder Ordnance makes a way better silencer than DonnyFL

20221206_171337.jpg

Silent Thunder Ordnance makes a way better silencer than DonnyFL

View attachment 376155

I would have bought STO silencers a long time ago, the science behind them sounds great — however a for-me-bothersome-gun-lengthening-device must at least look attractive....

And STO's were just plain & boring aluminum cans, no grooves, lines, or recesses.

The photo you posted gives the impression that this STO has a non-smooth surface — is that so? If yes — I am interested (but on the STO webpage I don't see this same surface....).

Matthias

Last edited:
I would have bought STO silencers a long time ago, the science behind them sounds great — however a for-me-bothersome-gun-lengthening must at least look attractive....

And STO's were just plain & boring aluminum cans, no grooves, lines, or recesses.

The photo you posted gives the impression that this STO has a non-smooth surface — is that so? If yes — I am interested (but in the STO webpage I don't see this same surface....).

Matthias
You are correct it is plain and boring, but it works awesome.
My .25 M3 is back yard quiet at 85+ ftlbs.

20221205_200440.jpg

20221205_195607.jpg

The STO Falx works awesome.
My .25 M3 is backyard quiet at 85+ ft lbs.

That's impressive! Wow, 85FPE from a .25cal — nice! 👏🏼

I wonder if a machinist would be able to produce a nicer looking outside can for the STO's — with a design similar to the DonnyFL's Gen. 1 or 2, or my preference, the 0dB design with the crossing lines.

Matthias

Not wishing to be a downer but these look very similar in design to the impulse air mods. Conical segments, just different outer look. Am I missing something?
I wish more moderator companies would step up and present the science and results of their designs. Silent Thunder Ordnance is the closest one to doing this. They seem too small or have another gig to take it to the next level.