Donny FL , coming soon

I agree with everything you said. However, $250 dollar could be a fair price for the excellent machine works but it is still 250 dollars or price of a NOTO. It is like saying 250 dollars is a fair price for a BMW because Benz is also 250 dollars, while it may be a true statement, it is still out of price range for many.
When you see how these are made.... go ask a machine shop how much it would cost for a 5 axis machine to mill out the parts for you ;). $250 isn't that bad of a cost honestly.

When you see how these are made.... go ask a machine shop how much it would cost for a 5 axis machine to mill out the parts for you ;). $250 isn't that bad of a cost honestly.

I certainly didn't write it to dissuade anybody, It's a lot machining and a lot of expense. If it's modular, that will be a plus.

Reactions: woogie_man
The speculative price of $250 is a pittance compared to the equivalent to a powder burner (rimfire) "moderator".
And no additional tax stamp cost of $200...

I have to say, I have shot centerfire elr for years. I was gobsmacked when purchasing Altaros pellets everyone complained about the $22 buck per 110 slugs... I have rifles I reload for that cost $6 every time you pull the trigger so it is truly a matter of perspective.

Well, also where is this being made is my question...machined in the USA for the production model would be nice to see

I agree with everything you said. However, $250 dollar could be a fair price for the excellent machine works but it is still 250 dollars or price of a NOTO. It is like saying 250 dollars is a fair price for a BMW because Benz is also 250 dollars, while it may be a true statement, it is still out of price range for many.
Most airgun stuff is out of the price range for guys with common sense, luckily as I got older it was the first thing I lost.

Again, I agree it’s nice machining but total cost could be an issue for many. I have over 10 airguns so simple math indicates a lot of money. Instead I spent the $3k on 3D printers and make my own, all perspectives I guess. 🤣

Edit: plus DonnyFL is known to outsource to China, if it’s close to made in the US moderators in price then I personally would go with made in US brand.

Last edited:
I talked to Donny today and will be stopping by his shop to talk with him while I'm on vacation. I will ask him where they are being made and if there is any info he wants put out.

Agree about being made in the US. If they are made in the US I wouldn't question the cost. But for a quality product I done have issues buying it. Most of it is the brand name as well, much like nike.

Reactions: qball
Screenshot_20230725_105031_Messenger.jpg

Let me get home and I have some information for you guys.

Now that I have some time to type.....Talking with Donny they are looking at a price of under $200 for the new unit. I was given two units to test, and will be putting together some pictures and a write up when I get home.

Last edited:
Looks good, when will it be on sale?
I asked Donny about that and couldn't get a solid answer out of him, and honestly didn't want to push it to much. I was given a unit of the smaller RYU and the larger YOKOZUNA. These are both a quick detach system on the units, so a simply 60* twist and the unit is removed. There is talk as well as making adapters for other silencers in the future, so watch for those. Let me get some pictures and I will post a few teasers here. There will be more coming out about these soon.

i cant thank Donny and the team enough. Was great meeting up with them again and talking for a bit.

16903898950271968147873175670574.jpg
16903899265538777054015681593664.jpg
16903899911646221736955781211633.jpg

I asked Donny about that and couldn't get a solid answer out of him, and honestly didn't want to push it to much. I was given a unit of the smaller RYU and the larger YOKOZUNA. These are both a quick detach system on the units, so a simply 60* twist and the unit is removed. There is talk as well as making adapters for other silencers in the future, so watch for those. Let me get some pictures and I will post a few teasers here. There will be more coming out about these soon.

i cant thank Donny and the team enough. Was great meeting up with them again and talking for a bit.
It looks awesome. Is it any quieter or just new lip stick? :)

Reactions: Scotty1 and darylm
I was just shooting both of them on my Panthera 700mm in 22lr. Let me shoot it against my Sumo, Shogun, Huggett, Impulse 1200 & 1350, and a few others. From my initial impressions both sizes are sounding great. And the ability to remove quickly and change is a HUGE improvement. Now I was shooting inside just now, I will get more shots on it tomorrow after work. Will put a few hundred rounds through each of them, as well as on a few different rifles.

Reactions: JungleShooter
I was just shooting both of them on my Panthera 700mm in 22lr. Let me shoot it against my Sumo, Shogun, Huggett, Impulse 1200 & 1350, and a few others. From my initial impressions both sizes are sounding great. And the ability to remove quickly and change is a HUGE improvement. Now I was shooting inside just now, I will get more shots on it tomorrow after work. Will put a few hundred rounds through each of them, as well as on a few different rifles.
Going to use any kind of a DB meter as a reference?

Just my calibrated ear, I have no DB meter or anything like that. Im not that special to have anything like that. I can find something on the ap store, but those are not going to be nearly as accurate as a high price device.

If you have a DB Meter, a good quality one, and what some numbers send me the meter and I will get you some numbers.