draining the coolant tank question?

I just received my CS-4i a week ago. Over the weekend I got to messing with it. The first thing I did was to flush the coolant system. I did this buy filling it up with tap water and turning it on (not the air pump but hit the on switch so the water pump would run, two different switches). I watched it and within a minute when the water looked dirty I turned it off. I took the pump to the sink and turned it upside down and drain the water out. I repeated this about six times letting the water pump run for 30 seconds to a minute. 2-3 times in the process I had to lean the pump over so the pump would prime. I did all of this with the water cap off the whole time so I could see the water flowing. After I was satisfied the water was free of debris I put in distilled water and Water Wetter.

Now as to how long the distilled water and Water Wetter should sit in and unused pump I don’t know. I would think quite a while. That said if I knew the pump was going to be sitting for a long time I would just dump the water. Distilled water is like a dollar a gallon (You hardly need any of a gallon to fill it). A bottle of Water Wetter will last a lifetime. Point is if you are worried about it then it really doesn’t cost anything just to dump the water out and replace.

Reactions: QuarterPint