Eagle vision 13mm to picatinny adapter

I recently purchased a HW75 and a Hawke micro reflex sight (12141). I bought the eagle vision adapter that is supposed to be for the HW75. I am not seeing how this works. I put the adapter in the sight and tried to put it on the dovetail and I could not get it to snap on. I then took the adapter out f the sight and tried to put it on the dovetail. Could not get it on. I loosened two of the screws to allow it to open wider, I put it on the dovetail, squeezed it and tightened the two screws back up. I then tried to put the sight on the adapter, no way I could get it to go on, either from the top or sliding it on from the end. Seems like the adapter is too wide when installed on the dovetail to fit in the sight.

I have to be missing something as this adapter is supposed to be made for the HW75and the sight is a standard weaver mount. Can someone please help me out if you have done this?

Reactions: maxtrouble
usually,those type of adapters snap into the ring/sight and then it slides onto the rail.

it wont snap down onto the dovetail it will have to be slid on.

leave the screws loose and snap the adapter into the sight,
slide it on the dovetail rail,
and tighten the sight mounts.

a few pictures may help diagnose the problem

usually,those type of adapters snap into the ring/sight and then it slides onto the rail.

it wont snap down onto the dovetail it will have to be slid on.

leave the screws loose and snap the adapter into the sight,
slide it on the dovetail rail,
and tighten the sight mounts.

a few pictures may help diagnose the problem
I do not see a way to slide the sight on the dovetail with the adapter installed in the sight. Can't slide it on from the front because of the sight and can't from the back either. That is why I put the adapter on the dovetail and tried sliding the sight onto the adapter but it was too wide for the sight to slide onto it.

weihrauch-hw-75-177-cal-25.jpg

@jccams We are in the same ship Sir. The HW75 definitely deserves a good optic! I also have the same pistol and adapter. All my stuff arrived this week and I have only looked at it once.

***I think you squeeze the rail on top of the pistol, tighten everything down and then I saw some grub screws, probably will have to use those to secure everything, researching***.

I was going to search for an install video. When I find one, I will link it here.

The optic I purchased squeezes the mount too tightly to connect to the pistol dovetail.. This might require the use of Eagle vision red dot.
Same here, the optic is a standard Weaver mount which should be the same as the picatinny as far as width. So I do not understand how an adapter that claims 11/13mm dovetail to picatinny doesn't work.

Unfortunately they are sold out. I found that exact model on Amazon and ordered it. It looks like the base is wider on this model. I have a PB the first red dot might fit or I might return.

Well I did some measuring and the description of the adapter is very misleading. When you put the adapter on the rail the weaver side is about 22.5mm wide. A typical picatinny rail is about 20mm wide. The reflex sight with the weaver mount built in is only wide enough to fit on a 20mm rail. So the only thing truly picatinny about it is the slot not the width. You can get the proper Adapter easily for a 11mm dovetail.