• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ear protection while filling gun

Hey Guys,
I wanted to share with you something that happened to me , now, a month ago.
While filling my Crown mk2, I had "attached" my quick fill from my cf bottle to the filling port on the Crown, making "sure" that it was fully locked, so I thought. I started building pressure in the micro bore hose. At about 2500 psi , the qd came loose. Luckily, I make it a habit not to stand over the filling port while filling, just in case . Well, the hose did not hit me but the sound sure did.
I'm not sure what the malfunction was because the l locking sleeve was tight, so i thought. SOB, that was loud.
For a month now, my right ear has been plugged and it sounds like ocean breakers in that ear. I haven't sought medical help yet but in another month , I will.
Won't hurt to take time to put in foam ear protection while filling. I am.
Hopefully, this sharing will make you think about ear protection while filling your pcp. As much as I love the beach, it's never ending noise can get tiring.
Thanks for reading,
Mike

After sitting in front of guitar amps for 60 years I have moderate to severe hearing loss in my Right ear. Due to Menieres disease, syndrome, whatever, hearing in my left ear borders on profound hearing loss. You bet your arse I protect what's left. I wear shooting protection "headphones" when I play gigs & ESPECIALLY when I run my compressor.

Inner ear nerve damage, will it heal?
Answer: It depends... Many people sustain a lifelong condition of tinitis (ringing in the ear) if injury to ear components (nerve endings) are significant enough. I was in a bicycle accident 52 years ago; I have had continuing tinitis in my right ear ever since, right down to this moment :-/
Have you had continuous ringing in your ear ever since the accident??