Eat what you kill?

Probably odd, but I love chocolate covered ants and would have to take a pass on scorpion lollipops. The same with the other insects, also.

The wife is Filipina, so I get to see some truly scary stuff come out of the kitchen. Most I won't touch, but anything pig related doesn't last long. What she does to fish should be a crime against nature. Alot of that comes from the fact what she wants to eat is what I would consider bait to catch real fish.
I have a sister in-law Filipina, I understand:giggle:

Logically rats and squirrels are both rodents and biologically related. I've been told squirrels are just rats with a fully tail. Many people hunt and eat squirrels, but few in USA or Europe would consider eating rats. Why? If New Yorkers loved to eat rats as much as these people on Vietnam their rat problems would go away.

You have it, not all New Yorkers live in New York city.

IMG_20240531_170105306_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Hal4son
I'm not eating this. It wandered into the back yard about 7am and got a total of 3 21 grain pellets. I did not place my first shot well, it was in a flower bed and all I could see was the top of it so I did not know which end was which. I just shot what I could see. It hit in the middle. It was dead at that point but still moving. So it got another. That stretched it out but it was still wiggling so it got one in it's itty bitty head. My fish scale said it weighed 5 lbs 2 ounces. A smaller than average one according to wikipedia.

Armadillos carry rabies and leprosy so I just picked it up by the tail, put it in a bag for disposal, and washed my hands.

aramadillo 1.jpg

Reactions: ZekeZX10
I'm not eating this. It wandered into the back yard about 7am and got a total of 3 21 grain pellets. I did not place my first shot well, it was in a flower bed and all I could see was the top of it so I did not know which end was which. I just shot what I could see. It hit in the middle. It was dead at that point but still moving. So it got another. That stretched it out but it was still wiggling so it got one in it's itty bitty head. My fish scale said it weighed 5 lbs 2 ounces. A smaller than average one according to wikipedia.

Armadillos carry rabies and leprosy so I just picked it up by the tail, put it in a bag for disposal, and washed my hands.

View attachment 477326
I ate one of those when I went to Brazil and it was actually good. Tasted like ox tail.

View attachment 477326
Here, now next time you can try eating it :)

View attachment 477326

I could be that cooking the meat destroys whatever would cause leprosy or rabies but I don't want to potentially find out that doesn't happen. Doesn't seem worth the risk to me. I ate a squirrel with fly larve under it's skin. That was gross but I researched it and knew it would not harm me. The larvae was not in the meat, just under the skin. I am pretty sure the leprosy and rabies go more than skin deep.