EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

limniki - congrats on your L2 and it's great you are happy with it stock.

It appears many outspoken users on here think the tuning is only about accuracy (which ultimately is the end goal), but isn't the only aspect of tuning.

Sometimes one wants to tune their gun for a specific fps with a specific pellet. For example - my .25/350mm barrel will easily push 35 fpe but most of my shooting is indoors at a shorter range and I prefer 15.9gr @ ~700-750 fps for indoor shooting so I need to adjust the reg down for that.

If you have more than one barrel configuration, when changing barrels you need to tune the dwell to get just the right amount of air for that barrel volume and the most efficient use of air. This is where the nozzles come into play. It lets you adjust how long the valve stays open. 

It's fine to leave the L2 in stock config. No one is forcing anyone to modify or change anything. But, on an airgun forum, to come down on people ruthlessly harsh continuously for testing the waters is so petty. There were trolls early on, NoLand seems to have made it his quest to troll and flame this thread now. Maybe it gives people a woody siting behind their keyboard to be douchy to people to make up for things laking in their life. I know people like NoLand do contribute positively in other threads, so what their vendetta here is bewilders me. 

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Who are you? King of the forum? Bully to you👍👍 trying to intimidate a new member voicing an opinion on the L2, you go boy, 😂😂😂

Pay him no credence. 5 years on the forum and 45 posts - you can see he's been a real contributer to the forum.

rford.1609859069.jpg

CT shooter: Your intelligent and thoughtful response is appreciated. I am learning about everything you mentioned. It is so technical to me, it takes a bit to understand the mechanics you already know. I think one reason for not modifying yet is my lack of understanding to the final affect. I will continue to read the forum, maybe not be a consistent contributor, as I know less then the average pcp air gunner, but have a desire to learn. I look forward to when my light suddenly comes on regarding all the data I read. Thank you and happy new year.

I am one who will keep it original as Ed designed it. I want the design Ed created, not some heavily modified replica. My .22/ 250 is exactly what I was looking for, and edgun and Brian deliver.

As has been reiterated repeatedly throughout this thread, and not as a "come down on you", that is all that the majority of us want....even those that have been mistakenly put in that mystical 5% group. My .22/350 is shooting where I need it to be for my purposes and it came to me that way out of the box....and when I put my .30/350 on it, it will need to be set up to shoot that barrel as if I purchased my L2 from Brian with that barrel on it. And for that, I need to change the jets and the reg setting.

CT shooter: Your intelligent and thoughtful response is appreciated. I am learning about everything you mentioned. It is so technical to me, it takes a bit to understand the mechanics you already know. I think one reason for not modifying yet is my lack of understanding to the final affect. I will continue to read the forum, maybe not be a consistent contributor, as I know less then the average pcp air gunner, but have a desire to learn. I look forward to when my light suddenly comes on regarding all the data I read. Thank you and happy new year.

I hope you are able to get something positive from the forum. It's a long thread, but if you are able to read through from the beginning and just skip over the silliness you'll learn something of our journey from the first ones who received their L2s. 

I think one of the key things forgotten by many about modding is purpose. You need to have purpose before modifying anything. What are you trying to achieve? If you don't have this goal from the beginning, then there is no need to mod. My Huben shoots really well and I can't see anything which would improve on it - so I'm leaving it stock. If your L2 shoots great and you are happy with it stock - then no changes needed - but hey, maybe down the road, you want to go for that .30 barrel and then you'll have a purpose and a goal and 74 pages of testing won't seem so futile. 

I am one who will keep it original as Ed designed it. I want the design Ed created, not some heavily modified replica. My .22/ 250 is exactly what I was looking for, and edgun and Brian deliver.

As has been reiterated repeatedly throughout this thread, and not as a "come down on you", that is all that the majority of us want....even those that have been mistakenly put in that mystical 5% group. My .22/350 is shooting where I need it to be for my purposes and it came to me that way out of the box....and when I put my .30/350 on it, it will need to be set up to shoot that barrel as if I purchased my L2 from Brian with that barrel on it. And for that, I need to change the jets and the reg setting.

You, my friend, are a freakin' rebel. Quit your whining and cough up the $100 for the nozzles you cheap bastard! 😲 😲😲 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

You, my friend, are a freakin' rebel. Quit your whining and cough up the $100 for the nozzles you cheap bastard! 😲 😲😲 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I know, I know...but after you tell me #3 and a screw is most efficient for a .30/350...I won't need to do that 👍....I hope...that is, if I even have a #3....🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ford: I am a new member and am here to learn about pcp and L2. I know literally nothing about these and this forum has excellent information. I hope my desire to learn does not upset the apple cart. Plus, the L2 is sooo cool, you will enjoy once you get the green light from Brian. Cheers to you.

👍, My fault for jumping to conclusions thinking you were one of these people who create a second new accounts just to support a agenda. Hopefully I’ll get my L2 in the next batch and by that time I’ll learn a few things from you about this PCP.😁

ctshooter,

What were the bolts you bought on Amazon for?

I'm having trouble following with all the other conversations going on.

That amazon order is for a M4 bolt to replace one the the jet. That’s how my .30 cal L2 valve came. 
40DE3EB9-DD92-4DA4-81F7-4A4E4B5FFB70.1609868759.jpeg

according to the Leshiy 2 schematic both .25 and .30 valve came with only one jet and a M4-4mm screw in place where the second jet goes.

035E06BF-F73F-426A-BC83-7898B5AC1800.1609869183.png

Can someone here clarify for me if an AR grip will fit the L2? I noticed that someone on AGN put one on there Impact, and I'd like to possibly put a "luth-ar-the-chubby-grip" on my L2.

Here is the link to that grip on optics planet.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/luth-ar-the-chubby-grip-ar.html

Thanks, Scott 

Yes, any (non-beaver tail) AR 15 grip will work on the L2. I used the Hogue grip from my Impact and it fits perfectly. The grip you linked to is a grip that Brian @ EdgunWest had on his L2 so it will work as well.

Do keep in mind that when changing the grip, you will likely need a different length bolt or spacer for the factory bolt so as to not have it screw in too far into the trigger block and interfere with the trigger/safety. Brian has a video of this on his youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2zaycI7Hjw

You should have said something...I'd have stuck one in the mail for you today 🤷‍♂️🔨

Deep bass: love the profile pic, Ducati monster s2r 1000? Had a 07. On r1250 gs hp now.

Thank you..it's a 2012 1100 evo. Last of the air cooled liter Monsters. Looks like I'll be putting it up on the block come this summer...I would have at the end of this year, but she's weeping a bit of oil and I like to sell ready to roll. With 2 under 4, I think I took 4 rides this past year (wife is not a cyclist). That and the $10K in airguns/support equipment in 3 years and the funny looks from the wife need to be placated. Since I'm shooting more than riding, as I can do that on our property and stay close to the kids, I'll have just re-up and get another one after the kids don't hang with Pops anymore.

😢 my very 1st roll-off-the-showroom-floor new vehicle, too. Only took me 42 years to not buy used 👍 . I had a K1100LT in a previously life, as well...1996 if I remember correctly. A little bit of a beast for a 5'5" 140#'er, but she was comfy!