EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Kovas did ask me in PM and I'll share what I told him. I didn't have much luck with Donny's moderators quieting down the L2. The Koi was a good option for a .22 setup but didn't really help to take away the thump of the shot. I think Donny's moderators are overworked with the air output of the L2. I was using a Huggett Astille with good success and I would imagine the Huma moderators, which use a very similar stacked hair-curler method, is effective as Brin mentioned. 

What disappointed me the most was the Valkyrie moderators - they did not deliver barely any moderation of the shot. I have the two huge 150mm and 200mm cans. They are very minimalistic inside with no space to wrap in foam or felt.

The STO moderators with the hi-flow inserts have impressed me. The Falx can be overworked with the output of the L2 when pushed to higher powers but it does a sufficient job. The Sarissa I can shoot the .25 setup @ 60 fpe indoors all day and not bother the wife. With the .30 setup at ~84 fpe it can still be shot indoors here or there but that's a lot of power output.

L2magnaa.1612898477.jpg

This custom work seems to work 😋 and no its not mine 🤠

What core/bore do you have for the Sarissa moderator? And how much length does it add?

I have the high flow rev.2 8.4mm bore core. I'm using it with everything from .22 to .30 with great success and not just on the Leshiy 2. I had a picture of the Falx and Sarissa compared to the Donny Shogun somewhere. The Falx is 1" shorter and the Sarissa is 2" longer than the Shogun.

Hallo martin i just checked mine its made from a different material just check with our supplier for a new one 
20210209_142444.1612877408.jpg

Interesting Ramon! I had already contacted Joost, who contacted Ed and he is going to send spares!

A new look for my L2 with CF handguard. Definitely a significant weight difference compared with the metal Valkyrie rail helping to bring a bit more weight to the rear of the gun.

Leshiy 2 2-8-2021 - 1.1612879598.jpeg

That looks mighty fine J! Is that a 300 or 350cc bottle? And an ERGO grip?

CTshooter,

liking your setup. I have mine set up with the 350mm aluminum Valkyrie forearm but with the 450 ShoPot moderator and shroud . I am liking the 450mm length barrel for the little extra weight out front when shooting offhand. I consider it to still be a compact rifle to carry but was very disappointed in the moderator. I tried stuffing the moderator with scratch pad material but that didn’t do anything to quite it down. I have tried the Donny FL moderator that came with my .30 Maverick compact which I believe is the Ronin and it changed the sound but is just as loud. The Ronin does a good job on the .30 Maverick compact with 500mm barrel with reg set at 150 bar so my 160 bar setting on the Leshiy and 50mm shorter barrel makes a big difference. I’m not expecting to make the Leshiy .30 as quiet as in. 22 but I’m wanting the best I can get and it should do a good job on the .22 barrel as well. I’m going to wait as I have heard too many comments made that there may be some new moderators coming down the block for the Leishy . We will see I guess, meanwhile I’m interested in all comparison from everyone. By the way the Maverick is my first bullpup . I thought I would try one out . The gun is very accurate and with then upcoming high power kit should be quite the performer as a high power slug gun. But I still pick up my Leshiy all the time and like the looks and feel of it over the Maverick.