EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Y

Yeah a set of high rings or a picatinny riser helps
Yankee Hill Machine Picatinny-Style Riser Mount 5-1/4 Length AR-15 Flat-Top Matte

About 15k shots through my l2 since I got it earlier this year and surprisingly the plastic parts have held up it seems, the r2d2 spring broke instead. Wasn't using plastic ball for all that, I swapped it in since metal ball was dented a bit somehow but the plastic ball already cracked after less than 2k shots. New parts are below the originals and hardly any difference so (y)for wear n tear
View attachment 488779
100% agree with you on this i’ve put a lot through mine and still solid. i barely shoot my fx’s honestly lol

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
I was evaluating cost to improvement ... if buyers dump the factory moderators for something else, might be a cheaper option to pick up the unwanted stock moderator. I seen videos where folks liked the stock 350mm moderator and figured maybe worth putting on the 250mm barrel setup. Feeling out options ... thank you.

Hello, I am having issues with cycling when shooting .30 cal. I replaced the springs and plastic parts within the drive unit. Replaced the firing pin bead, old one was fine. Inspected everything per the indexing video. Forward plug has 2x .3 jets from the edgun west

.22 magazines seem to cycle fine. I placed the backing plate from the .22 to the .30 magazines and it seems to cycle more often than not. With the .30 backing plate the magazine would not even try to move.

Any thing else I can check or adjust?

Hello, I am having issues with cycling when shooting .30 cal. I replaced the springs and plastic parts within the drive unit. Replaced the firing pin bead, old one was fine. Inspected everything per the indexing video. Forward plug has 2x .3 jets from the edgun west

.22 magazines seem to cycle fine. I placed the backing plate from the .22 to the .30 magazines and it seems to cycle more often than not. With the .30 backing plate the magazine would not even try to move.

Make sure your pellets are seated

Put your backplate on something flat to make sure there isn't any bends. Wipe off the back of the mag to make sure there isn't anything holding the plate up. Use some steel wool around the edges to get rid of any burrs that may be canting it.
I'd lay the plate on a pane of glass or mirror to see if it's not flat.

Reactions: PasadenaMike

Check to make sure you took out the dogbone and collar (.177 and .22 setup, need to remove for .30). Raise pressure and ajust with jets for .30. There is also a screw at the top of the stainless plate that ajusts tension on the magazine pin. This is used to slow down or free up the magazine rotation. Qustion is magazine failing to move (ends up halfway moved) or overshooting the rotation (same result but skipping a pellet). I found the magic spot on one of my .22 setups where it wouldn't cycle with plastic magazines and light pellets (cycled fine with aluminum magazines or heavy pellets).

Reactions: rootdude
Put your backplate on something flat to make sure there isn't any bends. Wipe off the back of the mag to make sure there isn't anything holding the plate up. Use some steel wool around the edges to get rid of any burrs that may be canting it.
I'd lay the plate on a pane of glass or mirror to see if it's not flat.
Haven't checked for flatness on a glass but there wasn't any gaps laid on top of the .22 backing. I'll try the steel wool, thanks

Check to make sure you took out the dogbone and collar (.177 and .22 setup, need to remove for .30). Raise pressure and ajust with jets for .30. There is also a screw at the top of the stainless plate that ajusts tension on the magazine pin. This is used to slow down or free up the magazine rotation. Qustion is magazine failing to move (ends up halfway moved) or overshooting the rotation (same result but skipping a pellet). I found the magic spot on one of my .22 setups where it wouldn't cycle with plastic magazines and light pellets (cycled fine with aluminum magazines or heavy pellets).
I had Brian setup the gun as a .22 but ready to shoot .30. So no dog bone, confirmed when I took it apart. not sure of plenum pressure but it was shooting .30 around 700fps. Only backyard plinking about 50 yards.

Magazine fails to move, it's like the piston is not getting enough pressure to push the spring up. I was thinking the .22 backing increases the back pressure in the system and more air goes through the cycling side. the rebuild kit seemed to take care of the half way cycling issues.

Reactions: coastal drifter
I had Brian setup the gun as a .22 but ready to shoot .30. So no dog bone, confirmed when I took it apart. not sure of plenum pressure but it was shooting .30 around 700fps. Only backyard plinking about 50 yards.

Magazine fails to move, it's like the piston is not getting enough pressure to push the spring up. I was thinking the .22 backing increases the back pressure in the system and more air goes through the cycling side. the rebuild kit seemed to take care of the half way cycling issues.
Perfect answer. Raise the pressure, use jets to adjust velkcity. Too much back pressure from undersIze plate stresses the shoulder stock locking pin.

Reactions: rootdude