EDgun Edgun Leshy 2 in Austria

Greetings from Austria fellow airgun enthusiasts!

I am new to the forum and relatively new to Austria as well, I moved here 2 years ago. I am a previous owner of a .22lr CZ Brno Mod.2, Anshutz 335 .177 and Slavia 631 .177 and boy oh boy do I miss them dearly...had to sell them since bringing them here would be an administrative nightmare.
While binging on shooting and gun videos I recently stumbled upon a youtube video for the Edgun Leshy 2 and several months of reasearch later since I'm new to the PCP air gun world(apart from shooting rental PCP guns a few times), I can say that I am ready to bite the bullet! Only thing holding me back are the Austrian gun laws which I'm not familiar with, and German is not my mother tongue so I cannot really find the information I need.

In short, the Edgun Leshy 2 is not available for purchase locally so I would have to order it online and this is a bit scary for me because I don't know if I am allowed to do so, of course I want to be 100% compliant with the local laws.
The model I'm looking at is the Leshy 2 250mm in cal. .22 but I have a few questions for anyone local with experience @Steyr @Boris @scolopendra @Jarnold
1. Can I order it online and have it shipped to my home?
2. Is there a power limitation 7j 15j....etc? I know that up to 6mm guns are not regulated but not sure about kinetic energy, on Wikipedia it says there is no limit.
3. Is the fact that it's foldable an issue? I know it's illegal when it comes to centerfire/rimfire weapons but couldn't find any info about PCP regulation.
4. I'm thinking the length shouldn't be an issue since Steyr offers shorter PCP guns locally....but it would be nice to know for sure.

Sorry for the long post everyone, here's a little ADD break for you :) hope I'm not breaking the forum rules but I don't have any pics of the air powered ladies unfortunately.

J4mi0lA.jpeg

mafl3Cc.jpeg

OiZKIuT.jpeg

Pfiat di!

Hello, greetings from Vienna 19. I would like to send you a PM. Unfortunately, the forum rules speak against it, because I still have too few postings.

From cal.25 the caliber is notifiable in Austria. But I would advise you to FX or AGT. Austria is a desert when it comes to air rifles. Steyr or not. And there is only the cal.177 in the minds, people don't know anything else. There is an FX dealer in Lower Austria, but I advise against it. There are only krale or ballistas.

I would assume the European Union has uniform laws and rules with some minor tweaks here and there, and mostly related to projectile energy limits - if you don't own a firearm license.
Sadly (or happily depending on the country) it really doesn't. Each country has its own laws which can differ quite a lot. There are no rules for firearms at all because EU is not a country and this stuff is done on a per country basis. There are rules for simpler export for sport and hunting shooters that makes exporting and using guns simpler.

Hello, greetings from Vienna 19. I would like to send you a PM. Unfortunately, the forum rules speak against it, because I still have too few postings.

From cal.25 the caliber is notifiable in Austria. But I would advise you to FX or AGT. Austria is a desert when it comes to air rifles. Steyr or not. And there is only the cal.177 in the minds, people don't know anything else. There is an FX dealer in Lower Austria, but I advise against it. There are only krale or ballistas.
Hello, can you confirm that you can buy and poses air rifle in .22 full power without FAC?

In short, the Edgun Leshy 2 is not available for purchase locally so I would have to order it online and this is a bit scary for me because I don't know if I am allowed to do so, of course I want to be 100% compliant with the local laws.
The model I'm looking at is the Leshy 2 250mm in cal. .22 but I have a few questions for anyone local with experience @Steyr @Boris @scolopendra @Jarnold
1. Can I order it online and have it shipped to my home?
2. Is there a power limitation 7j 15j....etc? I know that up to 6mm guns are not regulated but not sure about kinetic energy, on Wikipedia it says there is no limit.
3. Is the fact that it's foldable an issue? I know it's illegal when it comes to centerfire/rimfire weapons but couldn't find any info about PCP regulation.
4. I'm thinking the length shouldn't be an issue since Steyr offers shorter PCP guns locally....but it would be nice to know for sure.
1. Yes, but read rule 2.
2. Yes. For Germany it's 7,5 joules for air rifles. Also if the gun is imported it needs to have an engraved F on it.
3. No issue here as long as it's 7,5 and has the F engraving.

Hello, can you confirm that you can buy and poses air rifle in .22 full power without FAC?
Cal.22 can be purchased normally in Austria, also in FAC, without having to report it officially. From 6mm, so cal.25,.30,.35...it is only officially reported. However, it can also be purchased normally from the age of 18.

Reactions: senjski uskok
I would assume the European Union has uniform laws and rules with some minor tweaks here and there, and mostly related to projectile energy limits - if you don't own a firearm license.
Not sure what part in Austria you living.....If you can search for some local airgun or gun clubs or shooting ranges ???
The opposite is true. Rules vary wildly. The EU has certain obligations/regulations all members must adhere to, which are mostly tied to economics, health and food safety, and the environment/climate. Other than that countries are for the most part free to make their own laws.

Im in the Netherlands, which has no restrictions on power, caliber, mag size, etc. But if I take my unrestricted Huben GK1 across the border into Germany I would likely be arrested. Since they have a 7.5 joule power limit.