• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EFT, who wants it?

I just got back from the EFT Grand Prix in Ogden, UT. There was a lot of talk about the growth of EFT. I think it is a reflection of market forces at work selling airguns to potential airgunners who believe the hype and want to be part of it.

Hype? We’ve all heard it. “Under 500 dollars”. Over 1000 Feet per second”. And “Under one inch at 100 yards”. But those selling points that are way closer to the truth then they first spread onto the pages of advertising copy. Today many mas market guns exceed the performance of super guns from the 1990s by a considerable margin.

EFT is in a unique place to exploit both the people and guns coming into this growing segment of the airgun market. Are new shooters going to need help with marksmanship and selecting heavy pellet to carry muzzle energy to the targets. Yes. Where else are they going to get it? EFT matches are great learning opportunities tailor made for the emerging airgun market.

Also, the Wasatch Airguns club in Ogden put on one hell of a match.

Ron

Reactions: lloydf and AirGoon
I just got back from the EFT Grand Prix in Ogden, UT. There was a lot of talk about the growth of EFT. I think it is a reflection of market forces at work selling airguns to potential airgunners who believe the hype and want to be part of it.

Hype? We’ve all heard it. “Under 500 dollars”. Over 1000 Feet per second”. And “Under one inch at 100 yards”. But those selling points that are way closer to the truth then they first spread onto the pages of advertising copy. Today many mas market guns exceed the performance of super guns from the 1990s by a considerable margin.

EFT is in a unique place to exploit both the people and guns coming into this growing segment of the airgun market. Are new shooters going to need help with marksmanship and selecting heavy pellet to carry muzzle energy to the targets. Yes. Where else are they going to get it? EFT matches are great learning opportunities tailor made for the emerging airgun market.

Also, the Wasatch Airguns club in Ogden put on one hell of a match.

Ron
EFT or ultimate field target?
I just want to shoot🔥airguns regardless of what they call it.

Here's the Extreme Field Target web site. This is year 3 for the EFT GP series. It culminates at the EFT event at EBR for the National Championship. There were 5 GP series events this year plus the Finale at the EBR EFT. Shooters can earn GP points for doing well at each event, and these points are applied to their EFT score at EBR to determine the Champion. Shooters also earn one point for the first event attended and 1/2 point for each subsequent event in addition to points earned for doing well (top 5). A maximum of 6 points can be earned in each EFT GP season.

It's been around quite a while but only recently in the past 3 years or so has gained momentum with airgunners. Looks like we'll have about 19 different locations that will be holding EFT matches in 2025...

https://extremefieldtarget.com/index.html (Copyright ©2015-2024 Extreme Field Target, All Rights Reserved)

Here's the Extreme Field Target web site. This is year 3 for the EFT GP series. It culminates at the EFT event at EBR for the National Championship. There were 5 GP series events this year plus the Finale at the EBR EFT. Shooters can earn GP points for doing well at each event, and these points are applied to their EFT score at EBR to determine the Champion. Shooters also earn one point for the first event attended and 1/2 point for each subsequent event in addition to points earned for doing well (top 5). A maximum of 6 points can be earned in each EFT GP season.

It's been around quite a while but only recently in the past 3 years or so has gained momentum with airgunners. Looks like we'll have about 19 different locations that will be holding EFT matches in 2025...

https://extremefieldtarget.com/index.html (Copyright ©2015-2024 Extreme Field Target, All Rights Reserved)
I'm always looking for any airgun comp near me regardless of what they call it. I'm in it for the fun factor.

Reactions: Centercut
What’s in a name?

A hit in a match by any other name would be as sweet

There are several field target matches with a suffix before the FT, but they have a few things in common. Distance to the targets up to or beyond 100 yards. Powerful rifles up to 80 or 100 foot pounds. Fall when hit targets bult heavy enough to withstand pounding from those powerful rifles.

In Pocatello, we call it Sagebrush Field Target.

Point is that many air rifles on the market now seem capable of this kind of FT match, and they are marketing to first time airgunners.

Some of these first timers are going to test their skills in friendly competition, and these field target matches are made for them.

BTW, Cavedweller got it right.

Ron

Reactions: cavedweller

When do you think 2025 dates and locations will be announced?