Element scopes. So many too choose. Which one?

So I am looking for a decent scopes. I don't need the best of the best. I dont need to spend a thousand dollars in a scope alone. I'm just a guy with a family to feed. So saving money is Important. I am looking at the element scopes cause I watch Matt dubb and Ted holdover. They talk a lot about these scopes and claim they are like the best for airgunners. I looked into the elements scopes and there are so many too choose from. I don't need to best, but I also don't need to worst. Anyone know anything about these elements scopes can help me out. I just need a middle ground scopes that doesn't break the bank. Looking between $300-500 budget. Guns I will be putting it on would be an .22lr ruger, fx impact, Benjamin marauder. I see there are the nexus, nexus gen 2, theos, helix, titan. What are the different and which one should I go for.

Reactions: Bandito
So I am looking for a decent scopes. I don't need the best of the best. I dont need to spend a thousand dollars in a scope alone. I'm just a guy with a family to feed. So saving money is Important. I am looking at the element scopes cause I watch Matt dubb and Ted holdover. They talk a lot about these scopes and claim they are like the best for airgunners. I looked into the elements scopes and there are so many too choose from. I don't need to best, but I also don't need to worst. Anyone know anything about these elements scopes can help me out. I just need a middle ground scopes that doesn't break the bank. Looking between $300-500 budget. Guns I will be putting it on would be an .22lr ruger, fx impact, Benjamin marauder. I see there are the nexus, nexus gen 2, theos, helix, titan. What are the different and which one should I go for.
Please do your due diligence . Many reviewers on Youtube are paid advertisers for said companies. Their job is to sell product and generate views as well as income. Follow the forums and ask questions from fellow shooters that don't have a dog in the fight. And just remember , what works great for one , may not for you.

I know what you think.One is 6-24x50 sfp and the other 4-16x 44 ffp.
4-16 is smaller and lighter.But i like 6 -24 a bit better.Mostly because of turret sound and feel(more solid).I can't see any difference in optical clearity between them and i think both are worth the price.
I click for holdovers and both always return to zero no problem.
Ther warranty is suposed to be great but i dindn't need it so far in a few years since i bought 6-24 first.
I don't know what else to say.
If you have any question just ask.Maybe there are some better deals out there but in my limited optics experience they are ok scopes.
IMG_20240828_204704.jpg

Reactions: Ajith and Bandito
Your best bet is to head to your local gun shop and look through a handful of different
4-16 is smaller and lighter.But i like 6 -24 a bit better.Mostly because of turret sound and feel(more solid).I can't see any difference in optical clearity between them and i think both are worth the price.
Ther warranty is suposed to be great but i dindn't need it so far in a few years since i bought 6-24 first.
If you have any question just

If you have any question just ask.Maybe there are some better deals out there but in my limited optics experience they are ok scopes.View attachment 491829
I did had my eyes on the helix 4-24x sfp. Price is just right, just wasnt sure if its crap vs the other more expensive one or not. Not really a fan of ffp cause if you zoom out the reticle get small. And zoom in they get big. I know ppl like that buy I'm old school like them same size zoom in or out.

Please do your due diligence . Many reviewers on Youtube are paid advertisers for said companies. Their job is to sell product and generate views as well as income. Follow the forums and ask questions from fellow shooters that don't have a dog in the fight. And just remember , what works great for one , may not for you.
Yep I agree cause they are part of making element scopes so they could be saying it's the best scopes for airgun to get us to buy them. But I do think even if element scopes aren't the best. They are good enough for airgun up to 100 yards.

In my experience Athlon or Arken are better for the $$. Element get hyped up as much as FX airguns do by "reviewers"
This…. In Spades!

Especially if you’re looking for a sub $500 optic that does the three most important in a scope:
- Retain Zero
-Track Correctly & Consistently
- Return to Zero

Athlon Helos for the win.

I agree with you about SFP versus FFP. If the reticle is fine, I cannot see it at the lowest power of my FFP scopes. My PA 4-14 is FFP, however, with a thick reticle and it is very visible at 4X. But I use 6X most of the time for airgun hunting. That is another potential "solution". If you got a 4-16 Arken EPL-4 FFP I am pretty sure you could see the reticle at 6X (probably not at 4X). If 16X for the top power is enough it could fill your need for more like $300. I have the EPL-4 FFP 6-24X and it is great. Very clear, adjusts correctly every time. But I don't even try it at 6X. 8X with illumination may work. Sometimes it has to be at 10X to be visible.

I was unaware that Element had a SFP 6-24X. Seems like a reasonable alternative. I would probably get the Athlon Heras SFP 6-24X, however. I agree with the opinion that Element scopes are over hyped. But I have not carefully compared the specs. The both seem to be about $500. If $300 fits your budget significantly better I would get the Arken. Either the 6-24 and just plan to use it at 8X or above or the 4-16. (the 6-24 Arken is also about $30 more) Another more budget friendly option would be the Athlon Talos SFP 6-24X. It's adjustments are not as good as the Arken but the glass is nearly as good. It's also closer to $200. Still a nice scope to me.

Reactions: PumaCarl
personally i like Athlon better . They seem to stand up to airguns and also a total Guarantee AND they are located here in Kansas so usually about a 4 day turn around if needed .

@Shinyknight send me a PM, might be able to help you out.

Your best bet is to head to your local gun shop and look through a handful of different scopes.
LGS is the worst place to do this. They sell scopes aimed (pun intended) for general shooters and hunters. You will never find the scopes that airgunners generally use in a LGS like Sightron, Athlon, Element, Arken, and others. You will find Leupold, Vortex, Burris, etc. They are good scopes but do they have the features you want and the reticles you like. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of rely on those guys that review scopes on Youtube and such, but not always. Shopper beware. Your shooting application may require a certain magnification, parallax adjustment range, reticle, FFP or SFP. Gosh, I bought and sold dozens upon dozens of scopes before I've settled on the ones I like, but it doesn't boil down to one brand. FT requires something different than BR. Hunting? You can get away with most anything here.

LGS is the worst place to do this. They sell scopes aimed (pun intended) for general shooters and hunters. You will never find the scopes that airgunners generally use in a LGS like Sightron, Athlon, Element, Arken, and others. You will find Leupold, Vortex, Burris, etc. They are good scopes but do they have the features you want and the reticles you like. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of rely on those guys that review scopes on Youtube and such, but not always. Shopper beware. Your shooting application may require a certain magnification, parallax adjustment range, reticle, FFP or SFP. Gosh, I bought and sold dozens upon dozens of scopes before I've settled on the ones I like, but it doesn't boil down to one brand. FT requires something different than BR. Hunting? You can get away with most anything here.
In his case, he is just looking for a general scope. Agreed, if your looking for a speciality scope, your local Bass Pro etc. wont carry that. Tactical yes. Everyone's eyes are different, so being able to look through the glass is a plus if you have that option.

I have owned and used the Element Helix and the Titan. Both are very solid scopes but the Helix is much lighter and the best value. My Helix is a 4-16x which I think makes a difference in the lower tier scopes. The lower zoom range allows for good image quality with lower grade glass. The turrets are pretty good, and the tool-less design is handy. I have a lot of glass, and my Helix still gets used and sits on top of my 25Cal Impact ground squirrel rig. I like the reticle and I like the scope overall but would suggest several other options instead. In particular the Arken EPL4 4-16x is great, and the SH4 Gen2 or the EP5 are even better if you dont mind the heavy weight. My EPL4 is on a stalker rig where offhand ergo and balance are important, and the SH4's are on my bench setups. There are a handful of great Athlon scopes too but the Arken turrets are second to none...unless you spend Honda Civic money on a scope.

EDIT: Ignore me. I missed where OP said he only needs to shoot out to 100 yards.

If you are planning to shoot long ranges, then you might want to take into consideration how much internal adjustment the scope has with the elevation turret. My initial budget was $500 like yours. Like you, I also looked at the element optics options. According to my not-so-good memory, the element titan was the cheapest of them that had enough internal adjustment for me but it cost over $500. Then I looked at the athlon optics options. The athlon helos gen 2 6-24x56 (34mm tube diameter) has more internal elevation adjustment than the element titan and cost less than the titan and, in my opinion, is a better scope. I bought the athlon and it was $599, so I went over my budget, but I got what I really wanted.

Sorry for getting a bit side-tracked. I'm not trying to get you to spend more than your budget. I just don't remember anyone mentioning the possible need or want for more internal elevation adjustment.

stovepipe

Last edited: