• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Epic 2 barrel options

You have 2. LW polygon or CZ standard. I’ve found both work nicely with slugs, can’t say for pellets, but can’t imagine they wouldn’t. I also found that both barrels work equitably with their respective slugs. Different weights, different diameters, but both hit tight. That’s what matters. So far, I don’t have a favorite. Testing will continue until a champion emerges. I like the gun, it’s a keeper. 😊👍

Any updates on your findings?
I am still looking for pellet options as I was hoping to use the Epic in FT
Unfortunately, I only have 1 available range day each week. Which is usually 4 a month. If forecast has winds 10mph or more, I don't bother, last 2 weeks had winds exceeding 20mph and it's 90 minutes each way. I can't say for pellets, mine is dedicated for slugs. But I can't imagine it wouldn't be excellent. My personal bias would favor the CZ barrel over the LW poly with pellets. But that's JMHO.

Reactions: SDstephan
I have shot a little pellets in my .177 ( CZ barrel ) and both MRD and beasts seem to function well, but not sure if pellets at those weights are desirable for FT.
I have not tried any lighter ones CUZ i am a slug whore so my focus are on those.

I must stress that i have not dialed very much for the pellets, also i have not had a really good day yet in regard to wind, but i have had a few that was OK
Only shot to 50 M wit the pellets and cant go shorter than 1/2 of that CUZ then it is too close for my scope to focus on.

I think i will also have to forget bringing the rifle tomorrow CUZ it is going to be fairly windy, and gusts tomorrow are pegged to be 29 MPH and 15 MPH average winds.
So i think i will just slab some paint on the new shot shed, even if i have a new toy on my rifle ( regulator ) i am dying to test.
Also get Sekmet gauge in mail tomorrow and really i would like that on there too before i start to really geek out in the search for the ideal speed for a 16 grain Zan slug in my rifle.

Also planets aligned, so within a day or two i will have +1000 2" splatter targets, that should tie me over for the rest of the season seeing as i put 20 - 30 or so slugs on each of those targets.
O and also 10 more boxes of 16 gr Zan slugs.