Epic Epic Airguns Two arrived

It is! It's also about 950fps with a 29 slug, Mr. HOLLOWPOINT makes 29gr .177 hollowpoint slugs.

Screenshot_20240726_153627_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: ZekeZX10
You bought the Epic II? 29gn slug @950 fps = 58.1 ft lbs....that's awesome for .177!!!
Hah, no. It would be cool if it could make that much power, even cooler if it had the twist rate to shoot that weight properly. I would like to talk to the company to know what kind of accuracy they have gotten shooting 16gr slugs at that power and if they have yried anything heavier than 16gr slugs. As per @Peashooter when he shoots the 20gr at 970fps they don't shoot all that great. I like compact set ups, and if I were to get an epic two it would eb the compact ot the middle sized given the power to OAL of gun ratio.

No 24 grain is as big as it get in .177

20 grain sort of work OK in the TWO, but at 900 or slower FPS, and so i can not bother shooting them CUZ then they only give as much power as 16 grain do at higher speed.
And 16 grain Zan seem to be the favorite slug for the CZub barrel in .177, i have tried the 13 i have shot so many 1000 of in my maverick, but just can not get them to run as well as the 16 grain ones.
I have been all the way up to 1000 FPS with the 20 grain Zan but it do not work, i have yet to try the 20 gr H&N in the two, but i have been busy making the new shot shed ASO, and tomorrow i have to move my little sister out of the apartment i moved her into 2 months ago.
I wish i could say NO to family, but i am not that kind of guy, or to be specific this is not the kind of request i can turn down from family.

On the + side i am mainly just driver of large moving van, CUZ no one else have the courage to " just do it "

I am seriously entertaining the idea of ordering a .22 barrel, and then see if that like all other barrels ASO i have gotten in the post go unnoticed thru customs.
Just have to be careful not ordering in the Netherlands and order together with slugs, CUZ for some reason slugs from down there always go in customs, as if there are any drug ( pills ) that is that heavy. ( they just open the parcel never once opned a box of slugs )
But it is as sure as cheers in the bar they will enter customs from Netherlands, But ordering from Zan in Slovenia which i have done more often, and not once have they been in customs.

In .22 it seem the Two will do wild things with .218 slugs, and i sure like me to shoot some 30 or 40 grainers if that exist.

Reactions: ZekeZX10
Hah, no. It would be cool if it could make that much power, even cooler if it had the twist rate to shoot that weight properly. I would like to talk to the company to know what kind of accuracy they have gotten shooting 16gr slugs at that power and if they have yried anything heavier than 16gr slugs. As per @Peashooter when he shoots the 20gr at 970fps they don't shoot all that great. I like compact set ups, and if I were to get an epic two it would eb the compact ot the middle sized given the power to OAL of gun ratio.
I know they come with unchoked barrels so it seems like they're leaning towards slugs

No 24 grain is as big as it get in .177

20 grain sort of work OK in the TWO, but at 900 or slower FPS, and so i can not bother shooting them CUZ then they only give as much power as 16 grain do at higher speed.
And 16 grain Zan seem to be the favorite slug for the CZub barrel in .177, i have tried the 13 i have shot so many 1000 of in my maverick, but just can not get them to run as well as the 16 grain ones.
I have been all the way up to 1000 FPS with the 20 grain Zan but it do not work, i have yet to try the 20 gr H&N in the two, but i have been busy making the new shot shed ASO, and tomorrow i have to move my little sister out of the apartment i moved her into 2 months ago.
I wish i could say NO to family, but i am not that kind of guy, or to be specific this is not the kind of request i can turn down from family.

On the + side i am mainly just driver of large moving van, CUZ no one else have the courage to " just do it "

I am seriously entertaining the idea of ordering a .22 barrel, and then see if that like all other barrels ASO i have gotten in the post go unnoticed thru customs.
Just have to be careful not ordering in the Netherlands and order together with slugs, CUZ for some reason slugs from down there always go in customs, as if there are any drug ( pills ) that is that heavy. ( they just open the parcel never once opned a box of slugs )
But it is as sure as cheers in the bar they will enter customs from Netherlands, But ordering from Zan in Slovenia which i have done more often, and not once have they been in customs.

In .22 it seem the Two will do wild things with .218 slugs, and i sure like me to shoot some 30 or 40 grainers if that exist.
How much would it be to get something shipped from america to you?

Thats not a option, everything from America for sure enter customs, the EU on the other hand is fairly relaxed, paired with the omnipresent incompetence.

I had 5 dollar parcels from the US enter customs and so not get very much in the way of TAX ASO, but the shipping companies here are allowed to take a 160 Dkkr / 23 USD handling fee so that on its own ruin buying small in the US.
No handling fee in between EU gang members.

On the other hand i had several 100 dollars CCTV cameras from China just sail strait thru customs

Also when i ordered my Tuxing 4 CYL compressor out there, they also some how finagled it so i far from got to pay what i should have on that not insignificant price iten,,,,,, which was very kind of them.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Thats not a option, everything from America for sure enter customs, the EU on the other hand is fairly relaxed, paired with the omnipresent incompetence.

I had 5 dollar parcels from the US enter customs and so not get very much in the way of TAX ASO, but the shipping companies here are allowed to take a 160 Dkkr / 23 USD handling fee so that on its own ruin buying small in the US.
No handling fee in between EU gang members.

On the other hand i had several 100 dollars CCTV cameras from China just sail strait thru customs

Also when i ordered my Tuxing 4 CYL compressor out there, they also some how finagled it so i far from got to pay what i should have on that not insignificant price iten,,,,,, which was very kind of them.
Geez I wonder why it's so bad.

Geez I wonder why it's so bad.
I'm also living in Europe, a buddy sent me a gift from USA.
Import duties, courier fees etc cost me about 50 bucks, plus a 80 mile round trip do get a import certificate.
EU is becoming a closed shop 😕.

Imports from China, no problem, EU has a vat, duty regime with china.

Strange world.

I'm also living in Europe, a buddy sent me a gift from USA.
Import duties, courier fees etc cost me about 50 bucks, plus a 80 mile round trip do get a import certificate.
EU is becoming a closed shop 😕.

Imports from China, no problem, EU has a vat, duty regime with china.

Strange world.
I won't get pol-it-i-cal but that makes no sense what-so-ever

Reactions: Spinach
A little heads up in regard to the Two.

If you want to adjust the valve return, you can do it without largely disassemble the whole body and take it out of the rifle.
You of course still have to degas it and take off the air Cylinder / bottle + plenum.

You do need to take the trigger mechanise out, then you can remove the cross pin that hold the valve housing in place, and then from the front push the valve a little back so you can get a hex key on the end and make your adjustment.

Of course with the valve body pushed back it is likely to want to turn when you try to adjust it, so i noticed there is a hole with thread in, and you can put a screw in there and tighten it down on the valve housing pushed back.

Mind you i have not yet tried this myself, but having had the entire body taken apart 2 times today, you notice stuff.

Also the 2 cross pins and 1 screw that link cocking handle and pin probe / hammer you have to get out of the big hole in the weaver rail, the 2 pins have a 2 mm thread in them, i have been bitching and moaning about those, but noticed the thread in them a while back, so using a 30 mm long screw today, made that part of the disassembly a breeze VS the nightmare i have otherwise had dealing with those.

Also at least for the long 700 mm version i have, that valve return adjuster, you dont want to turn that in 2 mm in past flush with the end of the housing, CUZ then it shut the valve wayyyyy too fast. So dont do that if you have a long version Mkay.

Reactions: Esab
Shot my Two with pellets on Monday, and the CZub barrel did not seem to mind that.
Needless to say i did not attain ideal settings for the 4 weights and 3 brands i had with me, but it did look as if you could find something good it you wanted to. ( 10.5gr - 13.43gr )
Crosman premier domed 10.5 grain was the favorite of the day, even in round #1 where they flew +1000 FPS, and even more so in Round #2 where i had fallen back to 970 fps for those.
I will for sure have to get more of those pellets as i only had 2 tins in my collection for testing purpose.
I will of course also have to try even lower speeds, my last session was with the REG set to 63 BAR, unsure how much lower i can go and still get good regulation.'

Long string of crosman pellets.
A few entries are deleted from the string when i forgot to do a few air shots after a break, CUZ otherwise the first shot will be a little fast ( 986 FPS or so )
It take a while to shoot 300 shots, also when you hit a 6 mm red dot on a 2 " target at 100 yards with a .177 pellet, well at least this shooter have to do the victory dance even if it was pure luck CUZ otherwise it was pretty damn hard to hit that target and i only got 4-5 shots in on it out of maybe 30, but it was so dark i could not see where i missed so not really able to do corrections based on knowledge. Also that speed is probably still a bit high for longer range, but 50 M it was like laser and i was cutting grass and branches off a tree shooting at a 30 - 40 degree up angle.
Also i was zeroed for 30 M so used a lot of holdover on 93 M / 100 yards.

972 fps was a speed i heard often from the chronograph.

string.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi
Okay i want to carry on with the pellets, at least for one more session.
So today after cleaning my rifle, i turned the REG down to get a bit slower speeds, and as luck would have it that was about 1/4 revolution on the Huma regulator and then it bottomed out.
This mean as far as i can see by my sekmet gauge that the minimum regulator pressure for the Huma regulator are 52 BAR, but paired with a 700 mm long barrel that still get lighter things going.

Shooting across my living room i got the following ( APROX ) speeds for the selection of light stuff i am currently bringing to the range.

10.5 grain crosman domed ultra magnum pellets : 940 fps ( down 30 fps from last session )
10.4 grain JTS dead center pellets : 950 FPS
13.43 grain JSB monster redesigns : 815 fps ( i assume way too slow, but i will try none the less )
13 grain Zan slugs : 835 fps ( never shot these this slow )
10.03 grain JSB KO / MK3 slugs : 935 fps ( i have not tried these in any rifle before so exiting )
10.34 grain JSB Heavy pellets : 925 fps

I do notice the 10.3 Heavy pellets are slower than heavier 10.4 dead centers and 10.5 ultra magnums, i can only assume it is a diameter thing.

I am actually also backed off quite a bit on the hammer on the Two, well at least that is my feeling it have no numerical indicators so i would have to take off folding stock and put a caliber on the adjusting nut and measure, but i am not that anal / not anal with that.

Moderated the Two shooting like this, sound like a blowpipe. :) If i was not shooting tethered i am sure i would see my shot count go up drastically

Not able to shoot slower than 930 fps with 10.? grain pellets i just had to take what i got in my last outing.
And it was still pretty good with the JTS Dead center pellets a clear favorite in my rifle, so much so when i started to shoot past 55 M with them, mostly 93 M / 100 yards, well i was not able to stop before the tin was empty.
The crosman pellets are also excellent on shorter distances at the speed i got, the JSB Heavy was not able to keep up, but they probably need a little slower speed which i can not do as i am as low as the regulator will go.

The 10 grain JSB KO / MK3 slugs, lets just say the one tin of those i had soon was gone, and i will for sure have to order some more of those even if i generally shoot heavier than that slugs.

Did not have a chrono on my rifle for the first time since i got a chrono, also when i today wanted to crank it up a little, well i had forgotten my 17 mm key for the Huma regulator, so had to soldier on with the light stuff.

The JTS Dead Center pellets,,,,, well those too i will have to order some off, at 100 yards in the wind yesterday they was leagues over what other pellets in my kit was able to do.
Very sorry i had run out CUZ the first 3 hours today had very low winds.

In conclusion in the pea caliber and a Two with a CZ barrel, there are NO problems shooting pellets as far as i can see.
I will have to do that more often, and it is nice to know i just have to dial my regulator until it hit rock bottom, so dont even have to look at my gauge.

Okay i have now developed the first leak on the Two, it is coming out the barrel, so can only be the valve and a few O-rings on the valve housing.
Will go over that later today and i will also pick up and install new foam to the case the Two live in, CUZ the pick foam it came with is just torn up already.

Also shooting yesterday, after a shot air was rushing a little thru the valve, but another shot cured that, well at least for the following 5-600 shots.
I know closing the assisted valve Jet will do something like that, so a little worrying, now i am thinking getting a foster probe that have a build in filter on it, even if i can not imagine my compressor being the culprit.
Also filter before regulator / on the HP side, but have not researched if i can get a particle filter that large.

BTW in relation to shooting light pellets in my rather long Two rifle, well i found out that if i back off and then back off some more on the hammer spring adjuster i can get to slower than 930 fps speeds just fine, did so yesterday where i was all the way down to 780 fps with 10.? grain pellets.
But the minimum REG pressure using the Huma regulator remain those 54 bar, nothing more to do there.

Also while way down there on the hammer adjuster i experimented with higher pressures and still maintaining fairly slow speeds on pellets and also light 10 grain slugs.

Still having a very good time shooting my Two rifle.
Still suffer from caliber envy.

Reactions: rigbymauser
Okay i have now developed the first leak on the Two, it is coming out the barrel, so can only be the valve and a few O-rings on the valve housing.
Will go over that later today and i will also pick up and install new foam to the case the Two live in, CUZ the pick foam it came with is just torn up already.

Also shooting yesterday, after a shot air was rushing a little thru the valve, but another shot cured that, well at least for the following 5-600 shots.
I know closing the assisted valve Jet will do something like that, so a little worrying, now i am thinking getting a foster probe that have a build in filter on it, even if i can not imagine my compressor being the culprit.
Also filter before regulator / on the HP side, but have not researched if i can get a particle filter that large.

BTW in relation to shooting light pellets in my rather long Two rifle, well i found out that if i back off and then back off some more on the hammer spring adjuster i can get to slower than 930 fps speeds just fine, did so yesterday where i was all the way down to 780 fps with 10.? grain pellets.
But the minimum REG pressure using the Huma regulator remain those 54 bar, nothing more to do there.

Also while way down there on the hammer adjuster i experimented with higher pressures and still maintaining fairly slow speeds on pellets and also light 10 grain slugs.

Still having a very good time shooting my Two rifle.
Still suffer from caliber envy.
...but still. One doesn`t get an E2 to shoot lightweight pellets/slugs at speeds a FX Dreamline or Daystate Revere do so perfectly to begin with. THe whole point with a powerfull .177cal is to push heavy slugs at high speeds with great accuracy over long range. Maybe in time LW learn from the airgun companies the .177cal barrels must have a steeper twist( The message ought to have gone through by many years ago really).