Evanix ar6---Part 2

Thanks to the gentlemen who helped me deal with my scope mounting issue.

With my utg red dot and chopping the riser I added less than 3 ounces. Just what I was aiming for.

20220429_195624.1651415978.jpg

As you may know the hunting master was designed as a badass. It is heavy. It is really loud. It has a heavy trigger. Its definitely got a kick. How many hammer pull 6 shooters are there in the air gun world?

AirNGasman took the time to help me understand this gun better.👍👍

Continuing my idea of 'it is heavy enough on its own' I forced a lightweight ldc on it that was sold for the crosman 2240.

20220430_221832.1651417078.jpg

It works. Now my ears are not ringing with every shot. And I added under 6 ounces total.

20220429_195443.1651418957.jpg

AirNGasman, with his shooting, showed this puppy can be used for hunting. If you shoot good enough.

This is a 20 fpe pistol. Per my mentor.. It is good to fill over the recommended 3000psi to improve the shot string. From the factory there is no power curve. 12 shots max power dropping each shot.

3 strings...
Screenshot_20220501-083711_FX Radar.1651419515.jpg

Now filled about 3400psi, 2 strings
Screenshot_20220501-084128_FX Radar.1651419736.jpg

He was right. Much better consistency. It can do heavy lead, but he also recommended jsb 18.13 to be most consistent.

I am not a pistol shooter, but I am pleased with the results (from a rest, at 27 yds using a 1x red dot). Knowing I can practice better. The gun is better than me, even tho it may be considered 2 to 3 generations old...
20220423_140032.1651420629.jpg

I've never seen such a pronounced "Korean cliff" before. Not trying to say anything bad about the gun or anything, just honestly surprised the power curve looks like that! Only thing I can figure is the ports in it must be fairly large.

But... It looks like it's working well! And has achieved your intended goals for a lightweight hunter. Good thing about some of the Asian guns is the barrels are not so picky with velocities. I have a.25 cal Chinese hunting pistol that has an erratic ES but still prints very tight groups. 

I wasn't too pleased with the slope either. A.g.man confirmed that is typical for this model.

The over pressure looks better to me. Presumably less holdover needed if shooting out to 50yd for the full 12 shot string.

This is much more useable than my pp800 in .25 was. Higher fpe, higher fps, higher accuracy, and of course can't forget higher price.

Hm, I recon a heavier hammer spring might help, but might affect trigger negatively?

My .25 pistol is the pp800, lol. I managed 30 fpe from mine, but am trying to get a powehouse valve into it to get more. Currently tuned down to 28 fpe for less hammer bounce/quiter report. 200-150 bar, JSB kings. Group was 5 at 25yrds with one that I pulled. Trigger tuned to single stage 14oz pull with over-travel stop added as well.

Should be noted this gun only like jsb kings or aa 25gr. Hades and benjamin pellets produced poor groups. 

75619089_10157548398559034_7824696205832617984_n.1651427888.jpg
Untitled.1651429778.png
PSX_20200308_190054.1600786655.1651429814.jpg

I own a EVANIX AR6 rifle and it it a very powerful gun also and accurate as well It was my first PCP gun I ever bought , I only take it out maybe 1 time every year or so , It only has maybe 200 rounds threw it , I remember it was like a old revolver which has 2 power levels one is if you cock the hammer back and shoot and then if you just keep pulling trigger I think it is almost double power , I have not shot it in a year or 2 but if I remember correctly in my brain under full power or double action the trigger pull is like 40 pounds lol , So needless to say to shoot it this way you need very strong trigger finger , I believe I got mine in 2006 from Pyramid air , A great classic PCP , and a real beast , Mine was very loud as well I put on a moderator adapter which slipped over barrel and had a 1/2 20 thread for a modern LDC , and this Korean gun shot slugs very well also and has a ultra deep magisine which can shoot basically anything up to like 1 inch long , At the time I believe it was light years ahead of the industry with power level , just the trigger was a bit difficult to get used to .

LOU

0823181023.1651434547.jpg
0823181024.1651434547.jpg
0821182129.1651434536.jpg

Glad to hear you got her optic-ized to your satisfaction Blue, and relieved the pistol remains unscathed. However I need to address a point you might have misunderstood in our conversation.

My point about more consistent velocities from higher fill pressures related specifically to my Piatt-modified AR6 that now has a weaker/weakened hammer-spring to achieve my primary reason for commissioning him; that being the quest for a bell-curve power-band. Though the numbers in the chart are not accurate, the concept is. The chart to the left of 200 BAR represents extra shots achieved from flirting with valve lock with higher fill pressure(s)-

Bell curve.1651436542.jpeg

Which brings us to LGD's question, "I recon a heavier hammer spring might help, but might affect trigger negatively?" No, a lighter hammer-blow brings the charge pressure required to find (edge of) valve lock down low enough to not exceed original (recommended) charge pressures TOO MUCH. And yes, lighter hammer springs equal lighter trigger actions; another win-win modification to AR6s. 

They are SO powerful and inefficient at factory power-levels that my Piatt modified pistol lost little power to the modification, but gained HUGE benefits in power-band, shot-count, and trigger action- 

Stock AR6 Pistol-

28.5 grain EunJin pellets, 3000 PSI fill, 6 shots (each weaker than the previous)- Low= 543, Hi= 625, ES= 82, SD= 35, Average= 589 FPS/21.9 Foot Pounds

After Piatt Modifications (including slightly longer LW barrel)-

28.5 grain EunJin, 3400 PSI,11” LW barrel, 12 shot bell-curve power-band- Low= 569, Hi= 596, ES= 27, SD= 9, Average= 583 FPS/21.4 Foot Pounds

Whereas Blue kept his AR6 light as possible for more traditional pistol-type 'work', in attempting to approach my guns absolute accuracy potentials from sand-bagged bench-rest, I took the exact opposite tact with a 4-12X rifle scope and a (heavy) STEEL moderator. I've also moly-lubed the trigger to sear contacts. 12 shots at 50 yards- 

AR6 12 at 50.1651438448.jpg

Which now brings us to the AR6 double-action trigger. Although yes, you CAN shoot the gun double action, it's not only a worthless feature, but I've read at least once (somewhere) that doing so is discouraged by the manufacturer. Moot point, since no-one can hit anything smaller than the broad side of a barn shooting an AR6 double-action anyway. 

Hey AGMan, I knew you were talking about your tuned model. I just wanted to share that even factory tune benefits from 3400psi. 5 to 6 shots staying in the 700s is 100% improvement as far as I am concerned. Thank you again.

BtW Dallas, this thing has a major spring. I wouldn't be surprised if it is 1/16" diameter steel. I am purely guessing, Will probably shortened/modded rather than replaced the spring for AGMan

Well, my advice is to either aquire an extra factory spring or get on the ali express and order something that is nearly identical (heat treated spring steel, same OD/ID/wire diameter of equal or slightly longer length) maybe slightly smaller wire diameter if you want weaker. That way if you go too far with cutting you you have a backup on hand, or at least on it's way. Springs are typically very cheap. 

I got a K500 Hunter way back and found the trigger just too heavy . Lightening the spring helped a little but also reduced the power. I would up making an adjustable sear in the trigger block by epoxying a piece of aluminum with a Allen set screw that I could adjust the creep in the sear. I still had a heavy pull but reducing the length of pull really made it more predictable. I tried to make it lighter by replacing the metal barrel shroud with a carbon fiber one. It wound up ruining the accuracy.. I cut the metal shroud at the rear and turned it down to accept the carbon fibre tube so now I can’t change it back. I gave up on it but want to try and and get it shooting good again some day. It’s a nice rifle.