Evanix Evanix Rex .357 is a fun one!

IMG_9550.jpeg

Any other evanix Rex fans out there? This .357 I got second hand from a listing here, have not shot it a ton but i see it as a rock solid, powerful utility airgun along the lines of airforce guns. I love the underlever cocking mechanism in spite of all the play.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons why this is not the best air gun in the world but I sure do enjoy the heck out of shooting this thing. I was shooting ballisticproducts .360 roundball at a gong and suspended steel cans - been over a year since I shot it but I was still connecting with everything which was a nice surprise.

I modified the gun to make the shroud active - contoured "reflex" insert and it has a huge volume so this gun is not crazy loud even without a moderator. I like the very streamlined aesthetic and simple single shot mechanism and in-line cylinder. Two power levels which is nice, and it has a curve if I top it off - seems to peak at 200 bar, and fills to 250. I need to check that with a chronograph, but based on the feel of shooting - it felt like power was slowy building over the first 4-5 shots. Speaking of power, it's just crazy to be hitting things this hard with an airgun this quiet. I'm back in the small town where I got my first pump master 760 at the local flea market, (which 35 45 years later still happens every Sunday, never see airguns these days though) - I would have lost my mind if i had seen something like this. It's probably just as well that I can't go back and give one of these to my 12 year old self, but on some level I wish I could.

Last edited: