Would not fire and cycle properly

JSB 25.4gr:
Shot count: 14
Low: 469
Hi: 549
Avg: 517
Spread: 80
STD Dev: 24.6

It does seem like weight plays a bit of a role here in terms of shot curve. These were all with the 18s HS setting - sure each one could be tweaked a bit for slightly better curve.

Reactions: Coolhand
Appreciate your unbiased reporting. I was considering one of these but based on current info, I’m leaning back towards the HW44 or Atomic XR. I’d love a semi pistol and I like the small form factor but don’t want to go back to the dark days of dealing with unregulated tuning. Plus, in the few videos I’ve seen, it sounds like a cannon. At this point, it could only be redeemed for me if it’s accurate at 30y, but all the videos focus on 10y, which I guess is telling. Would appreciate your take on that. Maybe I’ll hang on to see how the Huben shakes out. At some level, I guess what I would like in a PCP pistol requires defying the laws of physics!

I'm only shooting is off hand at 12 yards but able to keep groups in the 1 - 1 1/2" range. I can try the shorter range rested to see how it does but, as you mention, it's just too loud to take into the back yard. 4.5 - 5 " barrel and a mechanical reciprocating semi mech I'm sure have something to do with the noise and volume of air required.

My closest comparison would be the Crosman 600 in terms of function. When you pull the trigger the bolt/hammer assembly move forward. The probe pushes the pellet into the barrel and then the hammer strikes the valve. Upon opening the valve fires the pellet and cocks the hammer for another shot.

The Huben GK1 will be worth it for comparison using a hammerless mechanism and shooting from the magazine, rather than load and shoot. I believe the Huben design will run smoother. But I've heard there are no plans to make the GK1 moderator compatible from the factory and this is a huge downside as I believe it will also be very loud.

Hang in there guys, we have a Viper in the shop, we are at 615fps with 21g slugs and getting 3 full mags a fill at this time, a few more days and I will have numbers for the 18g. and a few others. Will add results of tests to this thread for folks if they want or you can check our site iin a few days for info.
Watching closely for the numbers on the .25,...is this Veradium air ?
If so when will you have the pistol on the shelf for sale ?

thanks

I'm only shooting is off hand at 12 yards but able to keep groups in the 1 - 1 1/2" range. I can try the shorter range rested to see how it does but, as you mention, it's just too loud to take into the back yard. 4.5 - 5 " barrel and a mechanical reciprocating semi mech I'm sure have something to do with the noise and volume of air required.

My closest comparison would be the Crosman 600 in terms of function. When you pull the trigger the bolt/hammer assembly move forward. The probe pushes the pellet into the barrel and then the hammer strikes the valve. Upon opening the valve fires the pellet and cocks the hammer for another shot.

The Huben GK1 will be worth it for comparison using a hammerless mechanism and shooting from the magazine, rather than load and shoot. I believe the Huben design will run smoother. But I've heard there are no plans to make the GK1 moderator compatible from the factory and this is a huge downside as I believe it will also be very loud.
Do you also consider it too loud for the back yard with the mods that you tried?

ctshooter yes the 615 was the high end of the stick but considering 21g I am happy with that for now. , We were asked to look into the full auto blurp the viper has a tendency to do sometimes if no round present or low air, and whil;e working on that issue we found some ways to bump up the power a little and stop the full auto blatz that can happen. We have managed to reduce the full auto blat to a single burp after the last round fired or if no round present, we hope to have all setups completed within the week so we can do a full report for folks.

ctshooter yes the 615 was the high end of the stick but considering 21g I am happy with that for now. , We were asked to look into the full auto blurp the viper has a tendency to do sometimes if no round present or low air, and whil;e working on that issue we found some ways to bump up the power a little and stop the full auto blatz that can happen. We have managed to reduce the full auto blat to a single burp after the last round fired or if no round present, we hope to have all setups completed within the week so we can do a full report for folks.
looking forward to your write-up.

Can anyone explain how the hammer spring adjuster works on the Viper? What sort of difference do you get in terms of results? Say for example, I shoot one mag with the adjuster screwed all the way in, and then another mag with the adjuster screwed all the way out.

More importantly for me, does adjusting the hammer spring have any effect on the gun's durability?

Can anyone explain how the hammer spring adjuster works on the Viper? What sort of difference do you get in terms of results? Say for example, I shoot one mag with the adjuster screwed all the way in, and then another mag with the adjuster screwed all the way out.

More importantly for me, does adjusting the hammer spring have any effect on the gun's durability?
We’ll if you look at my two shot strings on the previous page you can see that it more ideal to use it to tube the shot string for a nice bell curve. Mine is unscrewed about 4-5 turns to get the second string with 18s.

I can’t see how adjusting the hammer spring would impact the reliability, but I’d you went too far unscrewed it might not shoot as well.

Reactions: DonEnzone
Hi All,
I just got a.25 cal and I am having issues with the air dumping from the gun only after the last shot of a mag. The gun holds pressure and shoots fine until the last round. Thoughts?
Are you shooting a final shot with an empty mag? I've found the gun will machine gun dump if I shoot with the mag empty.