Ever have a tank split while filling

Was filling my Hatsan 1.6l
Buddy tank and right around 3800-4000 psi I heard a weird aluminum tin can sound
I looked at my tank and noticed the carbon fiber separating
Shut the comp down and immediately opened the valve to dump the tank
This is what I found

20241009_133332.jpg

20241009_133324.jpg

I laughed when I read his obvious joke,,, as I imagined the knuckled head flex seal guy that slapped a patch on a leaking water bucket, slapping a patch on a leaking pcp bottle and watching the big bubble blow up in size like a chewing gum bubble,,, pop
He should have put a LMAO emoji or something! There ARE people here who just might take it seriously if they don't know any better. I've worked with HP air for over 30 years & seen people do dumber stuff than that!

My high school auto shop teacher (tells you how old I am...) used to immediately answer the question "What do I do if my brakes are squealing?" with the response "Put some grease on them!".

Eventually he had to stop saying this as I guess his physical emoji's (this was before the days of cell phones... or even the internet) weren't sufficient for one individual to notice.

He should have put a LMAO emoji or something! There ARE people here who just might take it seriously if they don't know any better. I've worked with HP air for over 30 years & seen people do dumber stuff than that!

The earth’s overpopulated, it’s time to take the warning labels off stuff and let nature sort itself out if people can’t tell this was a joke… :ROFLMAO:

I see this bottle failure as a good thing,,, except for the op having to buy a new one.
No harm to the op or other property, a successful failure shows us the carbon/fiber tech works.
should set some worrying types minds at ease,,, at least a little bit,,, silver lining, in a cloud of "oh crap".

now I have used flex seal tape on a cracked home window till I replace

well i decided to call (wing supply) as this tank carries a 1yr warranty
they said call Hatsan i said i bought it from you through PayPal.
Hatsan said i need to call the store i bought it from, oh joy
i can smell dispute. wont be buying from them again.
HO boy the ol two step. Deal with them via email get the response in writing then put the screws to one of them hopefully

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Next up you get to guess what cup your money is under, a b or c. What does being a dealer mean these days? When we buy from the lowest cost source..... The shell game starts, good luck. Now if ya didn't buy from the lowest cost source, shame shame shame. I just got a Blitz new for 634 bucks, I do not expect the same service as I would receive from a well known dealer. No issues and I'll have to deal with Hatsan for warranty. Seems there is no or little difference at least among the online guys selling. We have shifted to this model as business has gone more corporate, dealers are not really that. Distributors? All about expectations, when I pay retail, I expect retail levels of service, I don't pay retail.

Boy, they don't seem to worried that this could had lead to server injuries or worse. Nice to know.
The way the tank failed is what I would expect from a CF tank. An all metal is what I would expect to go boom. The fireman scba tanks from what I read, the alu liner is strong enough to hold the full pressure of what the tank is rated for. The carbon fiber more than doubles it.

Chinese manufacturer's DO NOT carry product liability insurance for products that are exported outside China. Because there is no need for them to do so. If their products hurt Chinese citizens at home, that is a horse of a different color. I don't buy that the Aluminum liner holds up to 4500 PSI, I am quite comfortable with using these expired tanks however, given there is no damage to the Carbon fiber itself. I wonder how they lay up the Carbon, maximum strength is gained via curing in an autoclave. The tank size makes that pretty easy.