Ever have one of THOSE days...?

Everything was "ON" today. I took my new gun to the permission. I have about 400 pellets through it getting it sighted, tuned and comfortable from the seated at a bench position. Today was trial by fire for the Reximex TORMENTA. Live fire drills at furry targets from the ATV seat. The first stand gave me three mid-sized teen-agers at 25 yards.

BAM BAM BAM - three in a row in less than a minute. Off to a good start :D

All day long it was point and click and SMACK! I took 40 pellets and scored 38 kills with only a few data points filled out on my dope card. All shots were between 20 and 58 yards. The .25 domes made by Air Arms really performed well for me today. I got comfortable shooting head shots, getting several that just showed an eye and ear above ground. The temperature was perfect, the wind was just enough to keep the flying insects away and the targets were cooperative.

All in all, one of those "dear diary" days.

IMG_20240829_093527986.jpg

The Reximex brand is related to Kral, located in Turkey. I have had a lot of good service from my Kral Puncher and Kral Kinght/Nemesis. The spare parts for the Kral guns are getting harder to come by and new stock is nearly impossible to find, so I am planning on shooting the Tormenta for my primary gun while the two others get a vacation.

The TORMENTA is known as the Myth in the UK.. There are a few videos on U-tube for reviews, but nothing helpful on disassembly. I have gotten into the gun a little bit re; Trigger weight and Hammer Spring pre-load, but I am not planning on doing too much more to it. As is, the approximate 38 FPE in .25 was crushing the pests today. I almost felt bad for a few of them. The crunch/splat was gruesome compared to the .22 at 23-ish FPE that I have been using. Next time I go, I want to throw the .25 Hades for comparison.

I have shot the Kral .25 Knight in benchrest competitions at 50 yards. The guns are capable with those pellets on the novice level. I have not shot pests at more than 150 yards, 120-130 yard is about the end of my confidence to hit and that is due more to the scope and mirage. Wind drift is much more an issue than pellet instability. Minute of pest is a lot larger than the N50 target bull. I feel that I run out of ability long before the pellet looses effectiveness.

Turkey has a tough place in the world, and their trade practices vacillate along with world diplomacy troubles. Pyramid Air was the importer for Kral , then Crosman got their hands on the Craftsman line. Troy Hammer imported a load of Kuzy guns (another branch of the family) and Pyramid dropped the Kral line, only to replace it with the Reximex line. I am sure I missed a few acts in the drama, but that is a snapshot of U.S. trade. Krale, Ballisatas, Canadashootingsupply, Kirkwood and Bagnall have had some of the Kral guns in the past, and a few assorted parts. I still like the looks of several of the Kral guns, the Empire especially.