• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

(expired)WTS - Regulated .25 Benjamin Marauder Synod

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.quillin

Jul 12, 2015
Jax FL, United States
Up for sell my regulated .25 marauder. I upgraded to a Cricket .25 so im letting my sidekick for the last 2yrs go. There have been a few upgrades to the rifle but nothing too extreme. Upgrades are as follows. Huma regulator, Air stripper muzzle device, bstaley o-rings, 10lb spring, Hill modified hammer with set screw for striker, gauge block and valve have been opened up for more air volume. Valve port opened up a little more. Additional barrel set screws into breech. Has brand new stock that i got for my .22 synrod but ended up getting a MDRL bullpup stock and never used it. 

Included are 3 .25 magazines and extra o-rings for air cylinder.

Asking $625 shipped CONUS. Paypal preferred (gift or +3%) but can do cashiers check too.
PM or email [email protected]

MOD EDIT: This topic has been locked due to inactivity or since the ad is no longer necessary. Please contact a moderator if you would like it unlocked.

Its a gen2, besides the adjustable comb, another give away is the breech mounting bolts. Gen2 have 2 recesses at the top corner on each side where the breech mounting bolts go through to the air cylinder, Gen1 has 2 recesses in the front and none in the back, the rear mount bolt was done differently. 

As far as shot count... 6000-7000 going by the # of .25 pellets i've ordered over the last 2 years from pyramid air. Its probably not 7000 because some of those pellets i purchased and the gun didnt shoot them well so its mostly been JSB 25.4 through it. But i will say this it takes a lot of pellets and hand pumping to tune your rifle for a good bell curve, with a desired velocity and shot count. i have note pads with pages upon pages with chronograph #s and notes with different hammer spring strengths, hammer spring and striker adjustments, fill pressures, b-staley oring variations, valve modifications, depinger effects, and regulator settings. Now that its regulated it takes a lot of the variables out required to "tune" your gun. You no longer have a bell curve to tune to. Its more about figuring out shots till it falls off the reg, adjusting your fill psi a little to get desired shots, and adjusting spring tension and or regulator setting for velocity changes. 

With that being said, air gun barrels dont wear like traditional powder burning guns. They're not subjected to the same kind of internal pressures or corrosive substances. There is no throat errosion or rifling wear that you find with high powered rifles. Air gun barrels dont really need to be cleaned that often either, and when they do you dont have to use solvents required for firearms. The most i do is run a brass brush a few strokes and the patches till it comes out clean. 

If your new to air guns or just new to pcp air guns the Mrod is probably one of the best guns to start out with. I wish i would have never purchased my Benji Discovery after i got my hands on my Mrod. Mrods have the biggest aftermarket parts selection of any airgun i've seen, as well the number of people out there in any of the air gun forums to provide support. 

Hi J.Quillin. I have been looking to get back into airguns for a while now and thinking about stepping up to PCP's. I have seen a lot of good reviews about the mrod. I really don't want to jump into a 1k plus rifle right off the bat. A few questions. How loud is this rifle? Is it accurate to 50+ yards? Tons of ground squirrels around here but they are extremely jumpy and don't let me in for close shots. I do need to get a tank but don't want to break the bank. Do you have any suggestions on a good budget tank to fill this gun? Last question... Is this still for sale? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.