Extreme Bench Rest (EBR) 2024

Last edited:
Reactions: Shortcut
It appears your friend is wrong. It took me all of 20 seconds to prove him wrong. Why spread a rumor and not make an attempt to validate it?
https://extremebenchrest.com/2023-extreme-benchrest-results/
How could you validate it when I never mentioned the name of the past winner who was told he wasn’t welcome. I was told this over a month ago so maybe it’s possible the powers to be changed their mind and is allowing him to complete I’ll see if I can find out more info and then I will add to my comment if you want some proof check this YouTube video

• Sad
Reactions: Centercut
How could you validate it when I never mentioned the name of the past winner who was told he wasn’t welcome. I was told this over a month ago so maybe it’s possible the powers to be changed their mind and is allowing him to complete I’ll see if I can find out more info and then I will add to my comment if you want some proof check this YouTube video
You said it was due to not using Day State, but all sorts of brands are represented on the various top shooter 2023 list. I listened to the video and he appears to claim it was politics, not the tool brand that disqualified him.

Past champions should be given a chance for an early entry...they have earned it
However, i do not think that the number of returning champions should be included in their crowd limit
Say you have a 125 limit and 25 returning champions ...don't remove the 25 from the 125..make it 150
keep the crowd size constant and have the # of retuning champs as the variable
better growth of the event
If the champs are getting the spots, it will constrict the future availability to sporting class and newcomers
Nice in theory but the issue is they need a new venue that can accommodate more entrants. I think they limit the entrants for EBR to 160 as there are 40 benches and all 4 days are full up with activities so not really feasible to increase the number of participants without a larger place to shoot. 🤷‍♂️
Thx
Dan

Nice in theory but the issue is they need a new venue that can accommodate more entrants. I think they limit the entrants for EBR to 160 as there are 40 benches and all 4 days are full up with activities so not really feasible to increase the number of participants without a larger place to shoot. 🤷‍♂️
Thx
Dan
I thought there move to Rio Salado would have provided them with more benches over Quail Ridge, but i guess not enough

Some of the events were filled up as early as the prior day.

For winning one of the EFT Grand Prixs I was supplied an early registration link (per EFT Grand Prix rules). I looked yesterday afternoon and it showed that the EFT portion was "wait list only."
Yeah, it's been filling up faster and faster, just like RMAC. Contrary to rumors, none of the events were filled prior to open registration.

What I said is what I saw. No rumours, just the facts.

With the dispute here I wish now that I would have screen grabbed it.

Not sure if you're playing lawyer with the verbiage, but in the early registration link I was provided the EFT portion said "wait list only" in the late afternoon of the day PRIOR to open enrollment.

Last edited:
Walking around at EBR and seeing the multitude of jerseys worn by sponsored shooters gives a pretty good idea of how the numbers break down.

I of course don't know the exact numbers, but I'd estimate a large percentage of all the possible competition slots are blocked out to corporate shooters. And I say that because of how many shooters (most) are wearing company jerseys when I've walked down the shooting lines at EBR.

It's hard to get in during registration for a regular joe for a variety of reasons. But the fact remains, if you're an average joe with no sponsor or other corporate ties, chances are extremely slim that you'll be a competitor at EBR. The chance exists of course, because there are always some unaffiliated shooters, but going by jerseys at the event, and the number of pissed people that don't get in every year, again, chances are slim.

Walking around at EBR and seeing the multitude of jerseys worn by sponsored shooters gives a pretty good idea of how the numbers break down.

I of course don't know the exact numbers, but I'd estimate a large percentage of all the possible competition slots are blocked out to corporate shooters. And I say that because of how many shooters (most) are wearing company jerseys when I've walked down the shooting lines at EBR.

It's hard to get in during registration for a regular joe for a variety of reasons. But the fact remains, if you're an average joe with no sponsor or other corporate ties, chances are extremely slim that you'll be a competitor at EBR. The chance exists of course, because there are always some unaffiliated shooters, but going by jerseys at the event, and the number of pissed people that don't get in every year, again, chances are slim.
You are correct about if you are in a team you have a spot. I don't think that is right but it's all about the money and sponsors. People need to realize all those signs with all those advertisers and booths set up those companies gave money to be able to show their stuff off and that includes their equipment being used. So all this prize money has to come from somewhere because that's what happened when you monetize an event. I personally have never been but I want to go to the two big ones once to see what it's about if I ever get lucky enough to be the average shooter that gets in fast enough. I have nothing against the people that are on teams I would do the same thing if I knew I could get on and shoot these big events every year and not worry about signing up. So they either need to have events just for the teams or do a random draw for all regardless team or not but that will never happen when money at stake. Just because you are on a team doesn't necessarily mean you are a great shooter or pro. Most people are great shooters on the team but it's a lot about who you know or work for. I might be pissing people off but it's the truth.

I still want to go try it and hopefully next year.

Reactions: scotton
You are correct about if you are in a team you have a spot. I don't think that is right but it's all about the money and sponsors. People need to realize all those signs with all those advertisers and booths set up those companies gave money to be able to show their stuff off and that includes their equipment being used. So all this prize money has to come from somewhere because that's what happened when you monetize an event. I personally have never been but I want to go to the two big ones once to see what it's about if I ever get lucky enough to be the average shooter that gets in fast enough. I have nothing against the people that are on teams I would do the same thing if I knew I could get on and shoot these big events every year and not worry about signing up. So they either need to have events just for the teams or do a random draw for all regardless team or not but that will never happen when money at stake. Just because you are on a team doesn't necessarily mean you are a great shooter or pro. Most people are great shooters on the team but it's a lot about who you know or work for. I might be pissing people off but it's the truth.

I still want to go try it and hopefully next year.
Yeah, partially true... Major Teams are given a certain number of spots, this year I think between 3 to 6, but not certain. It's up to the team manager who is given these spots.

I think the "early" sign-up link is different than the "regular" link, and the number of the early link was capped to the spots offered prior to general entry. So yes, if one were to look after these spots are all filled, it wouldn't show available.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV. But I do know two shooters that signed up at the bell the first morning of regular availability and got into all events. And I talked to a few shooters at the Utah EFT GP event this past weekend that also signed up at the bell and got into all events. So obviously it wasn't waiting list only the day prior... I got into all events at EBR and RMAC in 2018 and 2019 by being ready at my laptop the minute general entry was opened...

Also, there were 21 (plus about 5 added later for the Utah EFT GP) that were awarded early sign up for performance at the EFT GP events throughout the year. It was top 5 shooters or top 20% (whichever is greater) at each of the EFT GP events.

I do not know which Teams were offered early sign in, nor how many per team. My Team had 6 earn their way in with top 5 finishes at an EFT GP event, and another 5 as a Team entry from our Sponsor - Airguns of Arizona.

Last edited:
Reactions: drsquall
You said it was due to not using Day State, but all sorts of brands are represented on the various top shooter 2023 list. I listened to the video and he appears to claim it was politics, not the tool brand that disqualified him.
And as we all know, if someone says it on You Tube, it of course MUST be true... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: manabeknives
Yeah, partially true... Major Teams are given a certain number of spots, this year I think between 3 to 6, but not certain. It's up to the team manager who is given these spots.

I think the "early" sign-up link is different than the "regular" link, and the number of the early link was capped to the spots offered prior to general entry. So yes, if one were to look after these spots are all filled, it wouldn't show available.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV. But I do know two shooters that signed up at the bell the first morning of regular availability and got into all events. And I talked to a few shooters at the Utah EFT GP event this past weekend that also signed up at the bell and got into all events. So obviously it wasn't waiting list only the day prior... I got into all events at EBR and RMAC in 2018 and 2019 by being ready at my laptop the minute general entry was opened...

Also, there were 21 (plus about 5 added later for the Utah EFT GP) that were awarded early sign up for performance at the EFT GP events throughout the year. It was top 5 shooters or top 20% (whichever is greater) at each of the EFT GP events.

I do not know which Teams were offered early sign in, nor how many per team. My Team had 6 earn their way in with top 5 finishes at an EFT GP event, and another 5 as a Team entry from our Sponsor - Airguns of Arizona.
Like I said I'm fine with people who qualified with points or team members which guarantee them a spot. Hell, I don't even now how many is allowed in each event. I know it's a time and limited space thing that is the controlling factor. My problem with it is if for sake of argument that each team is given five spots automatically and there is 10 teams so right off the top 50 spots are gone. knowing that I don't know how many is allowed that could be 25% of the spots so I don't know what the answer is

Teams Bring the money for these events. Their sponsors make it possible. Without them, there is no competition. Companies get value from sponsors, and if teams win, they sell more products. Neither can be without the other. The government does not send money. It's business. I can't believe people can't get it. I think most people have no idea what it costs to promote. Put together, have people work even if the range wants their cut.

Reactions: Centercut