FAS 6004 - Where to buy?

Have you seen the YouTube videos about the 6004FAS ?
It's a target...gun only. Very low power, though you can go in and do some tweaking, and pick up the power some. But it's still not a powerhouse.
So much so, you have to be careful about the pellets that you use, some will not make it to the end of the barrel.
It took some experimenting with my chronograph, but my 6004FAS is shooting about what the YouTube videos say...in the 298 to 302fps range.

Accurate, but not a killer.

Mike

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Have you seen the YouTube videos about the 6004FAS ?
It's a target...gun only. Very low power, though you can go in and do some tweaking, and pick up the power some. But it's still not a powerhouse.
So much so, you have to be careful about the pellets that you use, some will not make it to the end of the barrel.
It took some experimenting with my chronograph, but my 6004FAS is shooting about what the YouTube videos say...in the 298 to 302fps range.

Accurate, but not a killer.

Mike

Mike I got your message but apparently I can’t respond for some reason
I’ll try sending again

673D8521-7B80-4491-8BED-C4A02BF8BAB8.png

This pistol has been sold out for quite awhile now. I’ve looked at it several times but the reviews always gave me pause. I know it’s a target pistol but a few of the reviews have had FPS in the 280-305 range but other have shown 330-340fps. I believe a target pistol should be able to hit the 340-360 range minimum. At the price this pistol is regularly listed $480ish for the ambi grip and over $500 with target grips , maybe the HW 75 would be the better buy. Alas , that too is out of stock everywhere.
Good luck with the search

Reactions: MSAGSupply601
As reg the FAS, it was my meddling a few years back (see Target Talk forum) which managed to get these guns running with some semblance of performance for light target work, but I have since given up on the gun.
Its a shame, but the Italians designed a beautiful looking gun (maybe the best ever for an air pistol) but they followed a form before function ethos.
The issue is the angled breech face contacting the base of the barrel, due to owners trying to shift the barrel ever tighter to the seal as it leaks air due to the angle alignment. Even with my cure, it barely gets 380fps but this with H&N match lights which have smaller diameter skirts in the too tight bore (the other issue)

You can also add zero spares/after sales service into the mix, the reason im no longer interested.
Its proved such a limiting factor that i think they stopped production last i heard.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Chatter on forums. I actually called AoA and asked and they said to the best of their knowledge, both discontinued.
That’s to bad! I think the single stroke pneumatic is on its last legs…unfortunately!
There is already a lack of real quality air pistols IMO. Losing 2 in the last few years sucks.
I might have to bump the HW 75 , AV V 10 and AV 46M up on my wanted list before they to disappear

Unfortunately, the SSP system is not very efficient. A considerable cocking effort usually achieving 380fps ish from the bulk of these type of pistols. Its because you are forcing a large volume of air into a tiny valve, but the tiny valve being very resistant to accepting a high pressure, causing high cocking effort.
The FAS (both pistols) further hampers things because it employs a slightly smaller piston than the HW40/P17/HW75.
It does have a slightly longer barrel to offset this but really struggling getting either of them up above 350 fps.

The good…
Due to this system being one pump, it removes the inconsistency and heat associated with multi pumpers and will out shoot a typical Crosman 1377 for fun at 10 metres but only in accuracy terms.

Piston packing.
This method uses glue, or self adhesive engineering tape to fix a disk of plastic or aluminium foil to the front face of the piston. The idea is to remove the clearance between the front face of the piston and the bulkhead (built in OEM so that the piston does not fully close down on the bulkhead)
This clearance varies. So the improvement you get varies.
Usually only gaining 30 fps max and cocking effort going up.

Expected performance increases.
HW40/P17 variants ….390 fps stock, increasing to 420 fps….due to having a slightly larger cylinder.
FAS 6004 and Sig …. 330 fps increasing upto 380 fps.
HW75 400 fps ….no wriggle room since 2017 when the gun got rebuilt OEM for better performance.

Last edited:
I have both th Sig and the FAS 2004 and I prefer the Sig. I did the mods recommended on Target Talk to the FAS (barrel and seals, not piston) and it did help up to 340fps on my Caldwell croney with the JSP Match 7.33gr. The Sig shot 348fps. with the same JSBs. The JSBs work the best in both. The are both very accurate shooters and very quiet (I shot them on my garage range at 25'. That's after sitting in my safe for over year. Thinking about selling them as I just shoot my rifles with red dots now because of these old eyes. Any idea what I should ask if I decide to put them up for sale.

I disagree about the SSP system being not that good. I have it in my Daisy 7xx seris and also my FWB and they all work great and not that hard to cock. They can also be very consistant and accurate.I might suggest you look for a Daisy 747 or777 for 21ft. They are every bit as acurrate as aSig or Fas and alot cheaper with parts still availlable. They can easily make 380 fps.

I never suggested they were not that good, simply that the system is limited in power terms for the effort, or return on the cocking effort. In accuracy terms, the system is potentially the best there is.
Certainly better than Gas and only exceeded by PCP in part due to the cocking effort tiring the shooter, not consistency.
Daisy are very decent, great value.

No problem….I have run a Daisy 747 with the Walther barrel at 400 fps and done single holers at 8-10 yrds.
A relatively quiet SSP also.
I wonder why the system was not developed more….maybe a steel, or brass bolt version instead of being dropped.
The bolt offered metering of the pellet into the bore and provided you got the piston head adjusted to top dead centre against the bulk head 380-400 fps …
The 400 fps i got from polishing the bulkhead down by 0.2mm and then adjusting the piston accordingly….removing all the dead space.