Feel free to call me stupid..... Or help clearing pellets stuck in barrel

true…point taken.
Yes. I admitted from the get go my mistake and did try to explain it. So I have no issues with being scolded.
:LOL:

Now I did manage to get the 1/8" and 3/16" bits today. Both are 12" long. I also bought a hand driver for them as I really don't want to mess with my lathe.
I'll use Shrink tubing as spacers to keep the bits centered. I'll hand drill as that way I can feel if the bits try to go off center and hit the barrel lands.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
OK. I was wrong. I had 6 slugs lodged in there!
By driving the bits by hand I got through them with the 1/8" bit. Never touched the barrel.
Follwed by the 3/16" bit as a chaser? It bit into the slugs like a screw and was able to pull them out one at a time.
So it worked for me and didn't have to make a puller!
Now to put this thing back together!

The heat shrink tubing did a fansatic job of spaceing the bits.
No damage to the barrel at all from the bits. By doing it by hand I could feel if the bits went off center and caught a land or groove.
Not saying everyone would/should do it that way but worked fantastic for me.
I love it when a plan comes together!

Reactions: ThomasT
Years ago when I was handloading ammo a friend bought a Walther in 380 and a suppressor. He wanted the quietest report possible so he had me handload rounds with less and less powder. We were shooting into the ground so no definite target. The loudness grew less and less. Then duh! The gun was not shooting the bullets out of the barrel. The barrel was perforated on purpose to vent gasses. The bullets were backing up inside the barrel. We noticed when we looked at the suppressor tube. It had mulitiple dents from the inside. The bullets were impacting were causing pieces of lead powder or something to hit the suppressor from the inside. He sent the gun off for repair.

Thats how i felt yesterday,( stupid )
Getting to the range in splendid weather and amped on high hopes, so just needed to make a few tweaks on the rifle and then go to town.
Only to realize that i forgot my hex tools at home. :rolleyes:

Still my rough dial from Saturday changing to the factory probe and hammer weight cant have been super bad, cuz while i dident ACE it, i did have a good old time for 3 hours.

Jeffs55

Your lucky! A barrel obstruction in a centerfire rifle, pistol or shotgun can be deadly to shooter and bystanders both. Never deviate from the manual when reloading. Just putting that out because people die doing things like that.
At least you might only lose an eye or ear, or chunk of flesh etc with an air rifle.
As the Romans used to tell gladiators in training, "it’s all fun and games until somebody looses an eye".