FFP + Holdover reticle + excellent Glass

Hi,

I’m in search of a certain scope. I know the attributes, but not the scope. It is FFP, has a very useable reticle for airgun holdover and has “excellent” glass.

Since excellent is subjective, I’ll define it through my own experience. Better glass than Sightrons STAC line, at or above their siii line.

16x or 24x magnification, ~10-15 parallax

Might “Compromise” on glass and just go with their Stac line, but want to make sure I weigh all my options. Any help welcome

Hi,

I’m in search of a certain scope. I know the attributes, but not the scope. It is FFP, has a very useable reticle for airgun holdover and has “excellent” glass.

Since excellent is subjective, I’ll define it through my own experience. Better glass than Sightrons STAC line, at or above their siii line.

16x or 24x magnification, ~10-15 parallax

Might “Compromise” on glass and just go with their Stac line, but want to make sure I weigh all my options. Any help welcome

¡Hello from Peru, Ricardo! 😊

I'll attach two Scope Specs Tables for you below.

● One has scopes in the 4-16x | 3-18x 4--20x magnification range.
● The other in the 6-24x | 4-24x | 5-25x | 5-30x | 4-20x range.

● As you requested, the minimum parallax is 10y/15y.

● It is sorted by FFP and SFP — so you can go straight to the FFP section.

● About the glass I cannot tell you that much. But you can see from the prices that there are some significant differences.
And comments on the forums usually affirm the quality of certain brands — especially if you look at the middle and upper range series of those brands:
Sightron, Nightforce, Element, Riton, Vortex, Delta, Hawke, Athlon.
Even Vector with their Continental (and Paragon? and Taurus?) line is quite nice.

➠ You said you want to weigh all the options.
That's precisely the reason these tables exist — like you I wanted to consider all the options before spending my limited funds. So, I started comparing scopes, and finally ended up with these tables.

Happy scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

❌ 2 Attachments:
➊ Scope Specs Table
4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x
View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf

➋ Scope Specs Table 6-24x | 5-25x | 4-24x | 5-30x
View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf

Reactions: RicL and Ranchibi