First . 22 cal ( rats )

You want to keep air in it, and over the regulator pressure. 1900 psi in a Notos. If it loses air, it means there is a leak and an o ring needs to be replaced.

I’d recommend a AG specific scope they will parallax down to 10-15 yards. I started with a Hawke vantage 4x32 AO, and it’s still a favorite scope.

I love this scope. Light and simple.

Hawke Airmax Airgun Scope 1"

I had them recommend this scope for it? what do you think?? If im already buying the gun from them.. Then later on try some kind NV clip on??

Or do you think the Hawke is better?

OR is this the one you have?

and is this OK?

Last edited:

I had them recommend this scope for it? what do you think?? If im already buying the gun from them.. Then later on try some kind NV clip on??

and is this OK?
Same warranty between both scopes and personally I like non- illuminated but with that said better quality control with the bug buster (ask me how I know).
Pump should be fine , all being manufactured in the same plant with different QC control on some labels. I own the exact same looking pumped labeled Vevor and has been good 8 years with nothing (correct lube tho) done.

John

and is this OK?
I like the 3-12x32 bug buster with side paralax .

and is this OK?
I shockingly have never had a bug buster. It’s been in my cart, just didn’t commit. I can only highly recommend the Hawke.
I’ve had a GX hand pump as a backup for a few years.

I shockingly have never had a bug buster. It’s been in my cart, just didn’t commit. I can only highly recommend the Hawke.
bug buster's a decent scope for the money Great on a springer and light weight overall, Hawkes are also good at least the three Hawke's I've owned. I had a Diana 48 that ate a Hawke scope, but Hawke upgraded and replaced it free.

First, sorry for asking because im sure its asked quite alot. The rat problem in my backyard has been getting worse, and since the traps aren't working well I might as well take matters into my own hands.

Looking to spend up to 200ish. I shoot alot of rifles, but never air guns and I don't hunt. The max is like 25 yards. Maybe I'll even put targets out. Maybe this will turn into a new hobby!

I was looking at the barra 1200g dual break. I saw a few good videso on it. ( I realy like the camo version )

Is there anything else worth taking a look at for that price point?

thanks
Is shot noise an issue? (ie. nosey neighbors?)

Thanks man! I decided to go with the Hawke. It just seems they have superior customer service, and everyone says its just a really good scope..

Reactions: coastal drifter
I too have rat problems and started out with spring air rifles because some rats are too smart for traps. I would recommend like what Florida man above recommended, but a Umarex Notos which is a .22 cal.. these run 270-ish then a inexpensive hand pump like $50 from amazon, I am sure you have scopes. Also, make a bait station with a board to smear peanut butter on and a wood back stop, peanut butter so they really need to stay put to eat. An inexpensive red LED flashlight from amazon and a low wattage red LED floodlight helps them acclimate. I use this flashlight. I use a wireless doorcam to alsrt me of rat activity...😂..not fair but....👍

COSMOING 400 Yards Gun Flashlight Red/Green/White LED Tactical Rail Mounted with Quick Release, Fits Glock Taurus Ruger Springfield H&K S&W https://a.co/d/2vChKDL

Just want to say thank you again. I LOVE the Notos. I've already got 4 rats, and my corn has been safe lol. I even bought the red light you recommended and they don't even notice it. Got the bait station and wyze cam as well!

Reactions: Ranchibi
Just want to say thank you again. I LOVE the Notos. I've already got 4 rats, and my corn has been safe lol. I even bought the red light you recommended and they don't even notice it. Got the bait station and wyze cam as well!
Randall, is simply awesome, many years ago he greatly helped me on my BRK journey…🙏

• Love
Reactions: Ranchibi
You are so welcome and I am so glad you like it and have sniped some rats already with it! Whew....I would be quite bummed if you didn't like it or other! Enjoy sniping more rats with it, it is FUN! FYI....I use a inexpensive wireless doorcam to alert me of rat activity 👍, cheating but fun...😂