First dairy pest control video on 2022

This is a new permission for us and the number of collared doves there is nothing short of amazing. We just about filled a full size plastic garbage bag with dead birds, and there were probably close to as many that we couldn't retrieve. The owner doesn't want anyone in the pens, and said to just leave them there.

There were so many, I only included the shots of my shooting partner in the video. I'll do a separate video of my shots later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsST8b5mGw&t=1s

are those the same doves hunters go for ? lot of good eating there ? I have no idea about doves .

The doves being shot are Eurasian Collared Doves. They are an invasive species from Europe that were brought to the USA as pets and some ultimately escaped and now are a pest. They can be killed with an air rifle. Mourning doves are the game birds that are hunted and controlled by migratory bird federal laws. They can not be taken with an air rifle. However, collared doves are an invasive nuisance species and have no bag limit or seasons. They are slightly larger than a mourning dove but smaller than a pigeon. They are good to eat.

@Hawkeye69 Plenty of pest birds there. What type of rifle, scope, and moderator are you running? Which caliber and weight of ammo?

Of all the places we've shot this one holds the record for the number of collared doves.

Rob was shooting an FX Royale in .22 and a 1st gen. Wildcat in .22. both with 18 gr. JSB.

I was shooting a Pulsar HP .22 with 25 grain JSB. I ran the Pulsar off of the reg and switched to a .25 cal. Brocock HP with 25 grain JSB pellets.

@Hawkeye69 Plenty of pest birds there. What type of rifle, scope, and moderator are you running? Which caliber and weight of ammo?

Of all the places we've shot this one holds the record for the number of collared doves.

Rob was shooting an FX Royale in .22 and a 1st gen. Wildcat in .22. both with 18 gr. JSB.

I was shooting a Pulsar HP .22 with 25 grain JSB. I ran the Pulsar off of the reg and switched to a .25 cal. Brocock HP with 25 grain JSB pellets.

Sounds like y’all came prepared. When you fell off the reg, did you have access to an air supply or was it just that you were in the thick of it and it was easier to switch guns instead of leaving to refill and returning?

Sounds like y’all came prepared. When you fell off the reg, did you have access to an air supply or was it just that you were in the thick of it and it was easier to switch guns instead of leaving to refill and returning?

I have a compressor but don't use a tank. I always take more than one gun so if I run out of air or have a failure, I can switch to another gun. So far it's worked out fine.