AEA First pcp air rifle 50 caliber .495

Just got a new pump action pcp air rifle. 50 cal , I actually ordered a 45 cal but someone screwed up and sent a 50. Waiting for it to arrive was torture, so I elected not to go through that part again. They offered to trade it out with a 457 that I actually ordered. I declined. I would like any advice in general about these airguns . Specifically I would like to know a few good slugs for that caliber if anyone knows of any. Now I’m waiting on slugs the place I got the gun is sending me for free, I did get 50 dollars worth of free ammo out of the whole thing. I would like to find something for now, I was considering 50 cal lead balls just so I can shoot this thing. lol it’s killing me I want to shoot it. Thanks for any advice.

@Panzerfaust Where did you buy your rifle? What is the manufacturer and model name or number of the airgun you’re describing? Can you post some clear and close-up photographs of this air rifle? As for finding properly sized ammo I think slugging the bore and measuring the groove diameter with a micrometer would be most helpful to you. Where did you come up with .495?

It is .495 size for slugs, I have ordered some already. I would have to make it myself to get it around here. lol No one sells airgun ammo close to me.

As to your questions, AEA Megalodon, 600cc of air storage space in two 300 cc tanks , 22 inch barrel. 50 caliber, if you are fimilar with the Megalodon you already know it’s a pump action with an eight round magazine. I actually ordered a 457, someone got confused and shipped me a 50. Honestly, I didn’t want to wait to send it back and then wait on another rifle 457 caliber to ship back to me. So I got 50 dollars worth of slugs for just sticking with the 50 cal. He didn’t have to do that really. But I’m not going to be complaining about it. They had a scope on sale that I got for it , it is a Sniper brand scope and way over my head, I should have thought that part through. I’ll see if I got any pics on my phone of the rifle. I just need my slugs to show up and a lesson in how to use a scope that required all the adjustments the instructions claim it requires. Maybe it just look complicated but really isn’t.

IMG_2877.jpeg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Panzerfaust Where did you buy your rifle? What is the manufacturer and model name or number of the airgun you’re describing? Can you post some clear and close-up photographs of this air rifle? As for finding properly sized ammo I think slugging the bore and measuring the groove diameter with a micrometer would be most helpful to you. Where did you come up with .495?
Sorry, I got 495 from the dealer, he is the one that had some other place send me some slugs for it. Since I had to return the 457 slugs and stuff I had already. It’s killing me , I can’t do nothing but bore sight it until those slugs show up.😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. I guess I can use the time to figure out how to use this optic. Maybe I’ll just switch to a nice reflex sight.

@Panzerfaust I’ve never heard of this rifle. That thing looks like a BEAST!! Do you know how to cast boolits? If so, that’s an option. Also Mr. Hollow Point is a highly recommended boolit maker. Maybe check him out. Before spending a lot on slugs, I think slugging the bore (pushing a few slugs down the barrel to measure the groove impressions) is a good place to start so you can see what the groove diameter is on that barrel.

That scope doesn’t look too complicated. Looks like. Second focal plane, adjustable objective (parallax), variable magnification scope (maybe 6-24x) with maybe a 1 inch tube. It looks like a lot of older rifle scopes. Hopefully it’s holds zero ok once you get if setup.

Last edited:
My brother is a fabricator, he has already ordered 2 or 3 different slug molds. I think you are talking about hollow skirt slugs? If not I’ll ask my brother what bootlets are. Scope is exactly what you said. I have read the little book that came with it. I suppose you meant you hoped it would stayed zeroed once I set it. It has a warranty, so I will test it throughly. I have a Burris Fast Fire 4 I will replace it with if it turns out to be junk.

If you meant will it set at a certain distance zero, it does that as well. Locks and unlocks on that setting , easy to adjust for holdover and return to original zero. I just have always bought parallax free scopes , don’t figure I’ll ever need 24x magnification for anything unless I use it to sky watch or something.
The rifle is supposed to be accurate , more so than most big bore air rifles typically are, there are several YouTube videos of people demonstrating it. Even at 50 cal people are getting 930 to 940 fps and that translates to over 400 ft lbs at the muzzle. 50 cent piece sized groups at 75 yards, all holes from slugs touching. It has a threaded barrel to accept a moderator without any adapters. I elected to put a muzzle brake on mine as moderators are outrageous in price and I just think the brake looks cool on it. The Megalodon is AEA’s latest release that’s not a handgun type of airgun. I researched a good while before I bought anything. It seems AEA used lessons learned from previous rifles when designing the Megalodon. My only dislike at this time is the magazines(it comes with 2) are just cheap plastic or polymer, I doubt they hold up in my world. I guess many of the semi auto air rifles will start jamming for several different reasons. I guess they have the pump action working pretty good. All and all, it seems like a well put together rifle, time will tell how well it holds up. It has tanks that will stand up to 4500 psi and shoots unregulated full power. 2 mags or 16 consistent shots if using both tanks, rear tank can be removed and replaced with a folding stock. With the single front tank it gets about 8 consistent shots. The folding stock makes it really compact , especially the 15 inch barrel version. I have the 22 inch barrel. I have slugs on the way the guy at the air rifle shop sent me because I wasn’t suppose to get a 50 cal, I ordered 457 , someone got confused and sent the 50, so when I decided not to return it and get the 457 , the guy sent me 50 dollars worth of slugs from Mr Hollowpoint. I really originally had 357 in mind, but those have not been produced yet, I think they are still I month away or longer.