Other first pcp need help deciding on what

Ehvan

Jul 2, 2024
hi, im not sure if this is the proper place to post this so if its wrong please tell me where. im looking to get back into airguns as powder related guns in NY is becoming a hassle between ammo costs and laws. i have a budget of about 650$ US, which would need to include scope, i guess a handpump and the gun itself. i have been looking through a bunch of stuff and kinda been hung up on the air venturi avenger 22, the notos 22, gamo urban, or the gauntlet 22. or if there is a better bang for my buck than those. any help would be awesome, thanks

edit, after overwhelming support of the notos, that is what i went with, thanks for all the help

Last edited:
Avenge-X is an upgraded Avenger platform, recently introduced, costs more but has needed changes. PA Insyder has YouTube video comparison of both, worth checking out. Members love the Notos, but no powerhouse. Gamo isn't for me but Urban has some devotees. Gauntlet is long and heavy with unimpressive bolt action, new side-lever introduced but price is higher. Check out Snowpeak M60B in archives (upper right page corner) my .35 is impressive for the price. WM

Avenge-X is an upgraded Avenger platform, recently introduced, costs more but has needed changes. PA Insyder has YouTube video comparison of both, worth checking out. Members love the Notos, but no powerhouse. Gamo isn't for me but Urban has some devotees. Gauntlet is long and heavy with unimpressive bolt action, new side-lever introduced but price is higher. Check out Snowpeak M60B in archives (upper right page corner) my .35 is impressive for the price. WM
hmm i do see a gauntlet 2 with a scope bipod combo within my price range, i think the snowpeak may be just outside of my price range if i need a scope and hand pump with it. i think the avenge x would be in my price range but im unsure of how to tell if the scope and rings would clear the magazine break in the rail?

You bet! Fantastic compact scope that compliments the Notos perfectly in my opinion. I have two Notos and both of them are topped with the bugbuster. Pictured here is one of my daughters with it.
208BF640-0B3F-4DEF-926F-7F5392C97651.jpeg

ive watched a couple reviews on them and it is one of the ones in my top 3 i think, i saw some reviews saying it was shooting even better than the spec list
Yes they under rate them . Under promise over deliver. It’s imo the best one to start with. It won’t be your only one I promise 😎

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
ive watched a couple reviews on them and it is one of the ones in my top 3 i think, i saw some reviews saying it was shooting even better than the spec list
i see there is a 3-12x and a 3-9x is there any difference quality wise in your opinion? also do you mind sharing which scope rings? ive never had to clear the magazine break with anything before and i dont want to assume and get the wrong thing
If I’m not mistaken the bug busters I ordered came with a set of medium rings. What height you’ll need will greatly depend on what magazine you want to use.
There are a number of 3D printed magazines available for the Notos that are more reliable than the factory magazine. Also they are available in higher capacities which may or may not appeal to you.
As far as the bug buster magnification level goes here is a link to the ones I have bought.

If I’m not mistaken the bug busters I ordered came with a set of medium rings. What height you’ll need will greatly depend on what magazine you want to use.
There are a number of 3D printed magazines available for the Notos that are more reliable than the factory magazine. Also they are available in higher capacities which may or may not appeal to you.
As far as the bug buster magnification level goes here is a link to the ones I have bought.

i see that ones comes with 2 medium profile lever lock rings, any chance you remember if those worked with the base magazine the guns comes with? ill probably stick to the basics with it until im more comfortable with how everything works. thanks for the help by the way

i see that ones comes with 2 medium profile lever lock rings, any chance you remember if those worked with the base magazine the guns comes with? ill probably stick to the basics with it until im more comfortable with how everything works. thanks for the help by the way
Yes I’m fairly certain it was a perfect fit with the factory magazine. But you’ll need taller rings if you buy a bigger magazine.
99% of people that own a Notos are going to recommend you buy a CARM magazine or a Maple 3D printed mag. They work GREAT.

Yes I’m fairly certain it was a perfect fit with the factory magazine. But you’ll need taller rings if you buy a bigger magazine.
99% of people that own a Notos are going to recommend you buy a CARM magazine or a Maple 3D printed mag. They work GREAT.
great, thanks alot for the help i think its settled at this point, notos with 3-12x bug buster, just gotta do some research on pumps now