Other first pcp need help deciding on what

sounds good, i think ill be using at least 3 of them to get everything together, and then amazon for the random quick connect for the pump
If you create an account with pyramydair and then buy everything from them while logged in to your account, you earn bullseye bucks. You can use these bullseye bucks in future orders for discounts on any order in the future you want. It’s a pretty good deal. I use them a lot.

If you create an account with pyramydair and then buy everything from them while logged in to your account, you earn bullseye bucks. You can use these bullseye bucks in future orders for discounts on any order in the future you want. It’s a pretty good deal. I use them a lot.
everything came out just under budget at 623, thanks for all your help

Reactions: pnwairgunner
My advice:

Decide the use and power you need, the the caliber you want to buy ( for hunting 25 is better than .22, .22 is better han .177) it you are going to hunt middle size game, go for a .30 Cal.

If you are just going to make target shooting at less than 90 yards, a .22 can do it.

Define how many shots per fill you want.

Buy a small PCP compressor at Amazon.

Go for the best quality rifle you can buy in order that you get more accuracy and less leak problems.

I have seen a rifle like this one that was very accurate. The power shown in "specifications" section of this rifle is really decent:

Buy a scope with many references at the reticle. Something like this:

Whatever rifle buy try first JSB pellets.

hmm i do see a gauntlet 2 with a scope bipod combo within my price range, i think the snowpeak may be just outside of my price range if i need a scope and hand pump with it. i think the avenge x would be in my price range but im unsure of how to tell if the scope and rings would clear the magazine break in the rail?
First was an original Gauntlet, 10 pounds scoped and 47 inches long is just too much, IMO. Visit Krale (Netherlands) website to price M60B, as a suggestion. Avenge-X is popular with members, includes two different magazine sizes for various scope heights, can't recall anyone finding scope mounting an issue. WM

My advice:

Decide the use and power you need, the the caliber you want to buy ( for hunting 25 is better than .22, .22 is better han .177) it you are going to hunt middle size game, go for a .30 Cal.

If you are just going to make target shooting at less than 90 yards, a .22 can do it.

Define how many shots per fill you want.

Buy a small PCP compressor at Amazon.

Go for the best quality rifle you can buy in order that you get more accuracy and less leak problems.

I have seen a rifle like this one that was very accurate. The power shown in "specifications" section of this rifle is really decent:

Buy a scope with many references at the reticle. Something like this:

Whatever rifle buy try first JSB pellets.
i think everything there is out of my price range, especially if a compressor is included

Notos is on sale here. Great price. https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/umarex-notos-pcp-carbine-22cal-1

I also recommend the Notos, especially if you are hand pumping. Gun is a ton of fun, light, compact, shoots great, refills air easily. No tuning necessary at all, but on the other hand there are a lot of options when tuning and mod-ing and the platform is super easy to work on.

Notos is on sale here. Great price. https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/umarex-notos-pcp-carbine-22cal-1

I also recommend the Notos, especially if you are hand pumping. Gun is a ton of fun, light, compact, shoots great, refills air easily. No tuning necessary at all, but on the other hand there are a lot of options when tuning and mod-ing and the platform is super easy to work on.
i saw that one when i first started looking but it says its restricted in new york, which is where i live. so i am unable to purchase it from there sadly

i saw that one when i first started looking but it says its restricted in new york, which is where i live. so i am unable to purchase it from there sadly
Maybe in NYC? Upstate New York should be good to go, unless you’re living in a city where there might be local ordinances… I’ve had zero issues purchasing airguns and am in New York.

Maybe in NYC? Upstate New York should be good to go, unless you’re living in a city where there might be local ordinances… I’ve had zero issues purchasing airguns and am in New York.
yeah i even contacted their support, and they said NY is a all in or nothing state for them. i ended up buying the gun from amazon, and the scope pump etc from pyramid

Reactions: L.Leon
My recommendation would be the notos as well to get you started place a wtb ad to sace a few bucks and get yourself the GX PUMP CS2 https://a.co/d/0946PszR and a scope I did the hand pump route for a while and you will enjoy it more if you have the ease of filling. I am also in NY so if you want to reach out in a PM we can chat not sure where in NY you are but willing to help if I can.