• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First pesting session with the Zulus

My first pesting session with the Zulus was great! Well not my first I did shoot a few the other day but no videos as I was just learning. Still alot to learn also. But had about 15-20min I could shoot so here's just a few I got. Guns my Taipan Veteran Short tuned at 865fps with JTS 18gr.

very nice , wow that middle vid was hard to see @ that background , at least to my old eyes.

Reactions: ThomasT
very nice , wow that middle vid was hard to see @ that background , at least to my old eyes.
No your not wrong on the video it doesn't look near as clear as by eye. Plus posting onto here it needed to be shrunk in size so worse yet. This is a screen shot from the original video and can see it's easier to see. From my eyes in the scope itself is much clearer even. But yeah that green color might not be the best. I originally had white and bumped to green. Think itd be better a different color. Also the pigeon shots are on 10x and dove/sparrow 5x. This reticle is thin but others are better on the choices.
Screenshot_20240621_070424_Arken Optics.jpg

Reactions: ThomasT
How do you like the optic over all at this point? What are some of the negatives or cons you have found?
So far I really like it. I am not a fan of needing the Bluetooth connected to my phone to have the ballistic calculations work. Not the end of the world but I wish it didn't need that connection to work. Only because I'm using it as an opportunist way as I usually use my airguns, which I didn't buy it or this gun for. I usually will just see a bird then pull it out range it then click it and says make sure it's connected. Then I need to pull my phone out and open app then it works. But it will work just fine if I setup or am doing it at night. One can just leave the rangefinder on though and use it that way and holdover accordingly without using the ballistic calculator. That's likely what I will do If I want to use it how I usually shoot then just learn my holdovers. Honestly besides that I wish it had a rear lense cap like the front. Tried the eye cup for about 1.6329 secs and took it off immediately lol don't like things touching me like that I guess. It's been very easy to use and learn. The footage is great on it, very impressive. Size and weight is very hard to beat compared to similar scopes. Wifi connection isn't very strong or just can't go far. Haven't tested Bluetooth really just how far away it can be but usually phone is on you and your shooting the gun so shouldn't matter much lol. I'm not a techy guy much prefer mechanical things but I have figured it out pretty easily so far. It won't replace a good normal scope to me but I think as a day/night scope I think it's very hard to beat.

So you need your phone on to use the ballistics. Seem like a design flaw honestly
I was under the impression you need it to change between different guns but thought once it was there it stored in the Zulus. Doesn't seem to be the case and that's my biggest gripe. Unless I'm not doing it right of course could totally be it also.

Reactions: woogie_man