• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fly at 39 yards

1558659977_10250763015ce74389d78033.90614520_24E90CB5-7CB8-4921-A573-8EDC0A9E76E0.jpeg
I was taking a break from the shop and shooting at pellet holes when this fly landed on the board. I took a deep breath and squeezed off the shot. Pretty sure that it was right behind the shoulder. He didn’t go anywhere, but he didn’t really drop either. And l can’t even say that it popped like a sparrow. But hey...that was my hunt for the day! And please forgive the manicure! 
1558659031_16826110965ce73fd794c832.42454769_1286CB34-FBAE-4A62-B335-E90DF0ADBA74.jpeg

Looks to be a fairly ethical shot. Hopefully there was minimal suffering,hate to see a wounded fly bumbling through the neighborhood with a missing or non-funtional whatchamacallit.

I'd like to know that the remainder of the carcass was located and disposed of properly,as well. Reason being that if a complete pass-thru wasn't attained,the potential for lead poisoning to a scavenger might result. Worse yet,If this scavenger is from California,the chance of developing cancer becomes an ominous probability.

Lot of factors in play here. Please be safe and God Bless.

Mike.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Stoti, I think the energy dump happened mostly in the board. But I hear that if I cut an X in the tip of the pellet it will put the energy into the fly, maybe without the pass through. Lol. Mike, I didn’t even consider a wounded fly bumbling around the neighborhood with a nonfunctional whatchamacallit...how would you ever explain that to the authorities? Sonny, naw sir I can’t be messing with no nail brush, you all just have to forgive the hillbilly! As soon as I figure out how to post videos I’ll definitely highlight my fingers as I point out groups and fly carcasses. What a fun forum. It’s always morning coffee and the forum for me!

Many years ago, before I discovered PCP’s, a friend of mine and I would smear bacon grease on our target backers at 200 yds. The winner was decided by which shot left the biggest piece of the fly on the board. Admittedly we cheated because we were using .223’s but the theory was the same. Glad to see that others are just as warped in their choice of targets!