I dunno. A certain border comes to mind. lol

I live 23 miles from the border. I can see Juarez through my 4x scope.

I've lived and worked on the border on both sides all my life. I know a bit about what goes on here.

No one is allowing or promoting illegal crossings. They are doing their damndest to handle a situation that is very difficult.

False political rhetoric that the border is wide open and is a "free for all" isn't helping a bit.

Last edited:

I've lived and worked on the border on both sides all my life. I know a bit about what goes on here.

No one is allowing or promoting illegal crossings. They are doing their damndest to handle a situation that is very difficult.

False political rhetoric that the border is wide open and is a "free for all" isn't helping a bit.
Ok. "giggle"

Yeah, I too hate PP or any other online options that track everything you buy or sell. I'm old school where a handshake and a word is all that should be needed.
That attitude will get you burned in a hurry. I once purchased a 2k+ scope from someone online around 2006, I specifically told him in my last message to him I was on the way out the door to go hunting for a week, no phone service, no computer, so if he sold it before I got back to send him money that is fine, but please hold it for me. I got back from hunting and the scope was there waiting for me 6 days later. I got a cashiers check out to him when monday came around, with a note politely telling him how dumb he was to send an expensive scope without being paid first. He sent me a christmas card that year, signed still dumb and getting by. How people like him make it through this world I don't know.

Reactions: dgeesaman
So you look at their name to see where there from, USA, No town no state, Postal Money order only, Might as well send cash,, I used to trust everyone and I mean everyone , I have been burned on the gun sites 50, bucks 100 bucks , I didn't go broke and there not getting rich, At least with Pay Pal or a CC you have some protection, Sending cash or a Postal money order you have NONE,,, Ok I will stop bitching , Seen this stuff on the for sale site seen a few items I might like but no I am not sending a Money order, cash, or a blank check.
You dont even have an address on here, But we can trust you right, LOL.
Mike
Yeah I use to trust everyone also, but I learned 41 years ago the hard way not to. I've learned a lot since then and getting older Ive learned to trust no one I don't know and few that I do (and thats even no guarantee). Some say thats being cynical, no that's having wisdom. You are not bitching you're just stating some facts with wisdom.

That attitude will get you burned in a hurry. I once purchased a 2k+ scope from someone online around 2006, I specifically told him in my last message to him I was on the way out the door to go hunting for a week, no phone service, no computer, so if he sold it before I got back to send him money that is fine, but please hold it for me. I got back from hunting and the scope was there waiting for me 6 days later. I got a cashiers check out to him when monday came around, with a note politely telling him how dumb he was to send an expensive scope without being paid first. He sent me a christmas card that year, signed still dumb and getting by. How people like him make it through this world I don't know.
The Trust that we had 18 years ago has fallen by the wayside unfortunately.

maybe good karma

Reactions: JohnTaylor
So you look at their name to see where there from, USA, No town no state, Postal Money order only, Might as well send cash,, I used to trust everyone and I mean everyone , I have been burned on the gun sites 50, bucks 100 bucks , I didn't go broke and there not getting rich, At least with Pay Pal or a CC you have some protection, Sending cash or a Postal money order you have NONE,,, Ok I will stop bitching , Seen this stuff on the for sale site seen a few items I might like but no I am not sending a Money order, cash, or a blank check.
You dont even have an address on here, But we can trust you right, LOL.
Mike
Paypal is useless as far as protection.
Dont be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Reactions: coastal drifter
If there is any draw back to this it would be the reverse, if the buyer is scumbag POS he can just say the magic words " I did Not authorize this transaction " and Poof the seller gets the giant chorizo.... buyer gets a free gun, and seller gets the money yanked out of their bank account

So in the end it's no different than any other payment method, a POS thief will always find a way......
Same with Paypal...Very risky, and very easy for an honest seller to get burned by a chargeback.

Crooked buyer files chargeback, gets to keep the merchandise, and the money gets pulled from sellers account with absolutely no recoarse.

I have some in-laws in Border Patrol , They said the USA will collapse in the next four years if we keep letting in millions of alien's, They said for the ones caught there is three to five getaways which puts the number close to 30 million now in the USA, Think about it...
Mike

I have some in-laws in Border Patrol , They said the USA will collapse in the next four years if we keep letting in millions of alien's, They said for the ones caught there is three to five getaways which puts the number close to 30 million now in the USA, Think about it...
Mike

The solution is to address the problem. Putting our fingers in holes in the dam isn't working.

Yes, we have a problem. Politics is making it an impossible one to address.

If the US collapses it won't be because of a million Hondurans trying to escape violence in their home country. It will be because we refuse to cooperate to address the issues.

Every developed country in the world is experiencing it. At some point we must stop using it as a political tool and start facing the facts.

Think about it....

Last edited:
Reactions: john8 and Scotty1