For Use in PCP Rifles Only

After acquiring five .177 blow-back pistols I have resolved to buy nothing but .22 airguns from now on.

I have only fired a few .22 pellets so far but I was startled when I was loading some new magazines today. The H&N can of .22 21.14 gr pellets was marked "for use in PCP rifles only". I bought the can for my new Gamo Swarm DX .22 break-barrel rifle, which is more powerful than a springer and is specified for all sizes of .22 pellets.

But I also have three new .22 pistols which I test-fired with the 21 grain pellets. Luckily none of the pellets stuck when being fired. And their accuracy was good.

Never-the-less it looks like I need to buy some lighter .22 pellets for my Diana CO2 and Crosman pumper pistols, even though they are equipped out as carbine rifles. Any suggestions as to what weight pellet to buy for these .22 pistols?

After acquiring five .177 blow-back pistols I have resolved to buy nothing but .22 airguns from now on.

I have only fired a few .22 pellets so far but I was startled when I was loading some new magazines today. The H&N can of .22 21.14 gr pellets was marked "for use in PCP rifles only". I bought the can for my new Gamo Swarm DX .22 break-barrel rifle, which is more powerful than a springer and is specified for all sizes of .22 pellets.

But I also have three new .22 pistols which I test-fired with the 21 grain pellets. Luckily none of the pellets stuck when being fired. And their accuracy was good.

Never-the-less it looks like I need to buy some lighter .22 pellets for my Diana CO2 and Crosman pumper pistols, even though they are equipped out as carbine rifles. Any suggestions as to what weight pellet to buy for these .22 pistols?
I have success using rws superdome in many of my pistols. I believe they are 14.3 grains. You could give them a try. Maybe your pistols will like them.

Reactions: AirNGasman
The DX is basically a 17fpe rifle which is basically average for a springer. 14-18gr pellets would probably work a bit better in it and would also work in the other guns. Standard lead domes typically work best but there are a few exceptions.
So the highly-touted Gamo IGT technology is no stronger than a springer? You would never know it from the 30 lb "cocking effort".

Gamo does not set a limit on the rifle's pellet weight.

So the highly-touted Gamo IGT technology is no stronger than a springer? You would never know it from the 30 lb "cocking effort".

Gamo does not set a limit on the rifle's pellet weight.
That is correct. Gamo is pretty good at making things seem better than they actually are. You aren't the first to fall for it and you won't be the last. I've got a few springers putting out closer to 23-25ftlbs and there are a few more out there putting out even more.

Weight limit or not, a 14-18gr pellet is a much more appropriate projectile for that power plant. A 14.66gr pellet will likely be in the 720fps range whereas those 21gr pellets will probably be a bit under 600fps once the gun settled in.

That all being said, if the 21gr pellets are shooting well for you, have at it. I cannot imagine they are the best in that gun though.

As a final thought, you should probably follow @ctshooter advice about the lead Crosmans. Don't waste your money on the copper coated ones. $30/450 is insane. You can get actual high end pellets for that price.

As a final thought, you should probably follow @ctshooter advice about the lead Crosmans. Don't waste your money on the copper coated ones. $30/450 is insane. You can get actual high end pellets for that price.

couldnt agree more,
for 30 you could get a tin of some flavor jsb and have some money left over.

Reactions: Sqwirl57