Foster Fitting QD Sizes?

That is how I connect my hose to my Regulator.........
@Ca_Varminter With the reducer bushing? Where’d you get yours? I was looking at one of these

Here is my setup.....
20240718_100853.jpg

1/4" Npt to 1/8" Npt reducing bushing. 1/8" Npt 90° Elbow. Then 1/8" Npt Male to 1/8" Bspp male adapter

For now I’ve decided to go ¼” NPT to ⅛” BSP reducer connected to ⅛” BSP male foster fill nipple. I’ll likely try another configuration or two coming of of the reg output side. I may do the 90 degree elbow coming off of my teething line. I’ll figure something out for a permanent configuration. Thanks to everyone who contributed helpful information and links to this thread.

See if you have a compressor/scuba/scba dealer near you. Mine had all the fittings I could ever want but they don't have a very good website with online purchasing. For whatever reason my bauer had a bunch of fittings and adapters. Of course it did not have the correct adapter to use the foster that we airgun guys use. The tech just pulled open a couple drawers and had every possible combination available. Just know what thread sizes you are going from as there are a ton of different threads used for high pressure fittings,standard, metric, brittish, parallel, tapered, pipe etc. Identifying the correct thread is a job in itself.

Allen

@Healthservices I have a good relationship with a local shop that deals primarily with dive gear. They don't have much regarding airguns. They told me that very few airgunners come through there. I can always call them and ask though. I have a place stateside that I’ve dealt with, but they don’t have everything I need sometimes. I hate having to divide an order between various vendors where I’m paying for shipping twice and the items don’t arrive together.

The thread sizes are the easy part. The working extreme pressure information is what’s lacking on some sites. To me that’s important. If I decide to get an N2 tank I don’t want 5000 psi, 4500 psi, 6000 psi fittings cobbled together potentially presenting a safety issue.

That is I will pay More for a Quality Fittings..When working with HPA!!!
I will not touch any fitting that is not Pressure rated to at least 5000 psi!!
@Ca_Varminter I hear you. When the product description is nondescript (missing pressure tolerances) or if it says “made in China” I wonder “what’s the difference between this product and the items I see on AliExpress?” I’m wondering if some of these folks are reselling the AliExpress stuff. Then I question the type of steel used by some of those manufacturers.

That is why I will stick to my Trusted Dealer for HPA Fittings...
No Gray Market for Me....
But like you said.... What happens if a company resells it....
I will look at the fitting for Quality machining, and is it Beefy enough to hand the Pressure!!!

I sure miss Van @ AirHogs!!
He work With HPA and Hydraulics...He had and extensive inventory
You could Always trust what he sold!!

Regardless made in China or US or UK.... buy SS (stainless steel) fittings and not nickel or chrome plated brass (these mostly supplied for paintball low pressure toys).
For years I was buying HPA bulk SS fittings from aliexpress, for much less then a $100 I am set for a life.
The flex air lines from Germany or bestfittings, have box of different lengths and diameter, all rated HPA I think mosts are 6K and some shorter 9K rated.

Regardless made in China or US or UK.... buy SS (stainless steel) fittings and not nickel or chrome plated brass (these mostly supplied for paintball low pressure toys).
For years I was buying HPA bulk SS fittings from aliexpress, for much less then a $100 I am set for a life.
The flex air lines from Germany or bestfittings, have box of different lengths and diameter, all rated HPA I think mosts are 6K and some shorter 9K rated.
@bigHUN Do the sellers advertise the type of steel used and the pressure tolerances? Are the fittings marked indicating the type of steel used? I can use all the help I can get with that site. I am not familiar with it and it’s a little difficult for me to navigate.

Last edited:
...Do the sellers advertise the type of steel used and the pressure tolerances? Are the fittings marked indicating the type of steel used? ....
Yes, the sources I was buying from.
For example your keywords for aliexpress would be: "hpa ss fittings"
Pay attention to thread designation, M10 or 1/8 BSP, 1/8 NPT (same drilled holes only different tapping used).
It just happened that I have appliances which using all of these and I would lovely go back in time of purchase and simplify right there what I was buying. That would make life much easier. Many times I needed a caliper and a thread gauge from my toolbox until got used to.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Reactions: Ezana4CE
I went ¼”NPTM (into reg) - ⅛” BSPM (into foster nipple) to a ⅛” BSPM foster fill nipple with a dowty seal between them. It also came with a Delrin seal insert that I think I can use when the dowty washer fails.

IMG_5293.jpeg

Thanks for all of your suggestions. If the BSP fittings seem too problematic due to the need for a dowty washer I can switch to an NPT reducer and foster fill fitting.

The male foster fill nipple came from Air Tanks Plus and the ¼” NPTM to ⅛” BSPM reducer came from Best Fittings.

Last edited:
I have the same problem knowing which thread is in which fitting etc. Matter of fact I'm trying to figure out to use my grandsons old paint ball tanks as a quick storage for air for my PCP's I measured the outside dia. on the the threads and them measure.80 inches. is there a female foster fitting to fit that
.825 NGO. Co2 tanks 1800 psi max. Air/nitrogen tanks vary but have low output pressure.