FX Fps all over the place fx maverick

We would love to walk you through it but like I said it is waaay too much info to try and convey in a short forum post. Watch the video Steve made that I linked above.
I know it is quite a bit of information lol but I have already watched his video and have adjusted the hammer spring but did not seem to change i got the gun used from someone and had a few minor issues which I have fixed but am unsure if there are severe issues with it but does not seem to have a leak but we will see today after work I will check it.

Reactions: MongooseV8
Slowly Increase your HST ( hammer spring tension ) until your fps no longer increases, then back it off a hair to where fps is about 97% of what it was, as others have mentioned this is the most likely solution, however there could be other issues at play here.

Once you achieve the above, report back if the issue persists (also if it doesn't consider it as solved)...also if you need help with the above members with mavericks should be glad to help, especially if one were local to you, your location isn't known so that is currently not possible (entirely up to you to share or not).

-Matt

Slowly Increase your HST ( hammer spring tension ) until your fps no longer increases, then back it off a hair to where fps is about 97% of what it was, as others have mentioned this is the most likely solution, however there could be other issues at play here.

Once you achieve the above, report back if the issue persists (also if it doesn't consider it as solved)...also if you need help with the above members with mavericks should be glad to help, especially if one were local to you, your location isn't known so that is currently not possible (entirely up to you to share or not).

-Matt
I will definitely work on it and check and see what will happen if I get it figured out or not I will report back to you guys and thank you very much and in the case I am not able to figure it out I may tell where I am located

Reactions: Stubbers
The previous owner could have changed the hammer weight or a stiffer HS or something else. Did he tell you of any mods or what weight ammo he was using ? If it was messed up when you got it there could be more issues from the previous owners work . You might need to identify what your working with and start from square one . Checking your 1st reg pressure. Start with 85-90 on the 2nd reg . I leave my first around 150-160 and never been over 110b on the 2nd . At 108b it pushes 25.3g at 915 fps . But that's with a 13.2g hammer , only mod and using the slug port . They are good shooters when tuned correct . Good luck .

I'm gonna be honest I understand but am terrible with directions I would ask for someone to walk me through it but I wouldn't imagine you guys would wanna do that lol soo I'm gonna try to follow but we will see lol.
Oh I don’t know about that, I spent several pleasant hours fixing a members regulator. With face time it would be moderately easy to go step by step. The key is you need tools and parts.

-Matt
Hey man i am shooting rn and I tightened the hammer spring till I stopped backed it out a little bit and and slowly increased the hammer spring and no matter what I am still getting terrible shot strings if anyone wants to call me to talk about it here is my number 806-202-5640

Last edited:
Hey man i am shooting rn and I tightened the hammer spring till I stopped backed it out a little bit and and slowly increased the hammer spring and no matter what I am still getting terrible shot strings

Should be reverse order, start with HST all the way OUT not IN, then increase it slowly until the fps reaches the max, and back out a hair...if this doesn't help, well you still tuned it properly for HST, and then you need to look elsewhere for the cause of erratic fps.

-Matt

If you reg is not opening, or are slow, I would try lower the regpressure . For 16 grain pellets you do not need 100 bar or more. Since the Maverick has a very big plenum, the reg can in some cases "stick", if you use to high pressure compared what is needed. If you tune the gun following some guidelines, where regpressure and hammer force is balanced, the reg will work better, as there will be some more pressure drop in the plenum between each shot.

Fx maverick shooting all over the place will get 912, 889, 856, 816. Which i do wait for the plenum to refill and also have my first reg at 140 and second on 100. Also am shooting fx .22 atomic at 15.9 grains not sure why new to pcp but was told to have 140 for first and 100 on second dont know if it's just the tune.
I'm curious as to what chronograph you are using.

stovepipe