FWB FWB 124d

I ofter wished that I had gotten one of those nice walnut stocks from AHR back in the mid 70's when I went a slightly better route and got a 124D. I am seriously thinking about a new stock for it now, 50 years later. I just got my second 124D in a couple of days ago, and also have two of the newer Sport models. I initally was turned off especially by the angular lines of the trigger guard, but finally broke down and ordered one and was impressed with several improvements, the rear sight, and the safety, When they started getting scarce, and I found one at one of the dealers, actually listed as used at a good price I bought it a few months ago. Turned out to be new in original box. The only problem is that it is very stiff to open, a problem I never had with the older 124.

Reactions: PaulK62
These are a couple of mine. Far right a JM stock the was checked by Paul watts. The other 2 are from ARH in West Virginia.

IMG_4624.jpeg

These are a couple of mine. Far right a JM stock the was checked by Paul watts. The other 2 are from ARH in West Virginia.

View attachment 495960
After much research, I've discovered that the thumbhole stock was offered from Beemans in the mid-70s and not ARH. The reason they are so similar is that both the ARH 120 stocks and the Beeman Custom Thumbhole stocks were made by the same stock maker, "Richard's Micro-Fit.".
There are just three examples known to exist, thus I don't think many thumbholers were sold.

Reactions: mj102
After much research, I've discovered that the thumbhole stock was offered from Beemans in the mid-70s and not ARH. The reason they are so similar is that both the ARH 120 stocks and the Beeman Custom Thumbhole stocks were made by the same stock maker, "Richard's Micro-Fit.".
There are just three examples known to exist, thus I don't think many thumbholers were sold.
Please provide the details of your research. I'm very interested to see.

Reactions: klentz
I knew the stock was made by Richard’s micro fit. But I didn’t know sold by Beeman. One was recently sold by rock island auction. Thanks for the information.

Congrats to the OP's latest acquisition. I'm a fan of the old 124 Sport and the recently discontinued, unfairly maligned by some, modern FWB Sport.

The 124 started off in life as a humble Standard model because I couldn't afford the extra $35 Beeman charged for the Deluxe. When I got a slightly better paying job, I splurged and bought one of his extra select walnut stocks. That was over 40 years ago. :eek:

View attachment 495927View attachment 495928View attachment 495929
That extra fancy is gorgeous!!!!

Reactions: PaulK62
I put on air rifle matches for four years here in Montana.Springer and PCP. The 300S ruled at 25 meters, I know with winning the 2014 Nationals with a 40 year old 300S. That got everyone on the band wagon. Its not speed but consistancy of the spring.That gun shot a whooping 497,496,497 fps during the chrony testing of all guns. Some young guys were behind me cracking up as they heard the numbered being said. I nonchalantly said not to laugh till the match is over......
Anyway I built a aluminum plate that bolted on the forearm of my mint 124 to keep the forearm free floating. I took it to the next Match ....and beat out all the 300S with a break barrel The things you can do with a gun if you work the right area!

FWB 124 003.JPG

FWB 127 010.JPG

Last edited:
I put on air rifle matches for four years here in Montana.Springer and PCP. The 300S ruled at 25 meters, I know with winning the 2014 Nationals with a 40 year old 300S. That got everyone on the band wagon. Its not speed but consistancy of the spring.That gun shot a whooping 497,496,497 fps during the chrony testing of all guns. Some young guys were behind me cracking up as they heard the numbered being said. I nonchalantly said not to laugh till the match is over......
Anyway I built a aluminum plate that bolted on the forearm of my mint 124 to keep the forearm free floating. I took it to the next Match ....and beat out all the 300S with a break barrel The things you can do with a gun if you work the right area!

View attachment 496628

View attachment 496629
Hello Pete, Hope your doing well. Would have loved to watch you shoot that 300S back then.

It took me a few days to set my ebay find up like I wanted, a globe front sight with post, along with a Williams receiver sight with target knobs and a Gehmann adjustable diopter. Took it out for a while this morning, rather informal shooting, sitting in a patio chair with a rocking motion, first at a paper target and adjusted sights to point of impact, then some hanging soda cans and finally a dueling tree with six swinging disks. I was sitting with left leg crossed over my right, with left elbow on the left knee to shoot. Even those small disks on the dueling tree were easy, although the small top one was not the easiest to see for my old eyes. This gun has the smoothest cycle of any of my other guns, all springers, except for a FWB300s. I have one final upgrade coming, a wide trigger shoe for the aluminum trigger.