Other FWB 601

The FWB 601, in good trim, will hang with any other 10 meter target rifle out there. Depending on the shooters skill level of course.
You are aware that it is a low powered target rifle, and will not produce anything resembling the power of a HW97, correct? Not being an ass brother, just making sure......

If you are looking for a ten meter power level rifle then the FWB 601 is fantastic. I shoot mine both standing freehand as well as off the bench. When on the bench it will put five pellets through one hole nearly every time at ten yards. Mine likes the RWS R10 Match Heavy and Light as well as the H&N Finale Match heavy and Light.

It’s not just for ten meters. A couple days ago I was shooting mine at 34 yards at these plastic bottle targets. Shooting completely freehand and aiming at the top of the bottle I was able to hit them and knock them down with every shot. It was a ton of fun.
Kenny

IMG_4718.jpeg

The 601 dates from the 90's I think, and PCP's with hyper-adjustable skeleton stocks have long ruled the current roost. But as far as sheer accuracy the 601 is top notch.

I forget the details, but I remember reading a few years back that a woman shooter (from Cuba maybe?) tied the then-current women's world record (which then would have been a straight 40 shots, with no finals round) at a local match, with a 601 that was not even her regular rifle. She had just grabbed one from her team's stash.

Reactions: Bandito
I had a FWB 300 and I didn't care for it compared to my 601 which replaced it and not just the higher feeling of refinement but also the nicer firing cycle feeling.

My 601 is 40 fps slower than my 300 was and the sights on the 601 need to be adjusted a lot compared to what my 300 needed for long range so that would be my only slight complaint of the 601. It's nice to just grab it and not needing to fill like with a pcp.

Some friends bought 601's themselves after shooting mine which tells the tale of how neat these old Olympic rifles are.

I have a LH 601 and it is a machine. It’s a well built, heavy duty, target rifle. It shoots great. It was built to shoot a lot. I shoot it extremely well. It just fits so well and comfortable to shoot offhand. It gave me the 10M bug and I bought a Pardini 10M PCP rifle. I love the Pardini but the 601 shoots just as good, in fact I say I shoot it better. I don’t shoot the 601 anymore as I have a super nice Pardini. If anyone is interest in a LH 601 shoot me a PM. It needs to be used. I just have not been motivated to sell it.

Is the FWB 601 a good rifle? I have a HW 97 KT and I love it but I’ve always thought that these side lever guns were supposed to be more accurate. I’ve been shooting PCP’s for a while but not so much for these other types.
I have 2 Diana 75s. Are they more accurate than my tuned TX200. No I don't believe they are. But they are easier and more forgiving to shoot well. I have a friend who is a high level Springer bench shooter. He feels the same way and he has owned all the high-end side lever springers.