then hold gun in left and load with right,
And this is exactly what I meant - it is easier to cock a pistol for left-handed people than right-handed people

the gun is designed, in factory configuration to be held by grips in the right hand and cocked with the left.
Yes, but it doesn't work. And it seems to me that this creates a lateral load on the recoil system, which is not useful for its long-term operation. When cocking the fwb300, the shooter holds the rifle by the lever and the barrel and this does not create a load on recoil system. Perhaps the engineers of the 60s believed that the effort of cocking a pistol is insignificant compared to a rifle.

Reactions: bf1956
And this is exactly what I meant - it is easier to cock a pistol for left-handed people than right-handed people

Yes, but it doesn't work. And it seems to me that this creates a lateral load on the recoil system, which is not useful for its long-term operation. When cocking the fwb300, the shooter holds the rifle by the lever and the barrel and this does not create a load on recoil system. Perhaps the engineers of the 60s believed that the effort of cocking a pistol is insignificant compared to a rifle.
I don't get what you mean not useful for long term operation. Those guns were first made in 1965, so some of those guns are 58 years old with no problem to the cocking system. As far as the FWB300, I have had mine since the mid 80's and have never held the gun by the barrel when cocking.

Reactions: bf1956