• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

FX Boss .30 N50 and EBR 100y cards

I brought the FX Boss .30 cal with me today at the range. I have not shot this rifle in months, as I normally shoot .22 /.177's for the 30 & 40Y target challenge cards with 23-32 FPE rifles.

Newman Buck set this up for me about 18 months ago, and it still shoots very accurately at both 50 and 100y. At 78 FPE it does jump a bit, but I need to adjust my shoulder hold.

Weather: 80 degrees and humid
Rifle: FX Boss, walnut stock, 700 cc bottle
Ammo: Slightly lubed JSB 44.4g Pellets
Scope: Sightron 2FP 10 X 50 X 60mm mil dot reticle
Front Tripod, Rear Protektor bag
Flags: 1 near flag at 10Y
Targets shot: N50 (2), EBR (2), NUAH (2)
Wind Reading: C+ grade 😊

I shot two N50 cards to start the day. A 241 and 242

Moved out to 100 yards and shot two (NUAH - nothing under a hundred) GTA cards

Finished up with two EBR cards; a 211-4X and 228-5X . Note: One of the bulls on the 211 card, I accidentally forgot the 5th shot. Too bad, but it cost me as I had a 31 on that bull.

Mike (CC) - I love this gun.

NOTE: The range was COLD when I snapped that picture, with the other shooter down range. 👍

Lots of pics:

IMG_1584.png

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1578.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

Last edited:
It was great while it worked. Centercut helped me with it after it started having problems, even gave me a newer oem reg to try but we couldn't get it right. That's when he recommended the Huma. Very easy install & my power level, shot count & accuracy all improved. Couldn't shoot Hades pre-Huma. Now that's all I use for hunting.

When they work, they work well. But once they start creeping, they keep creeping and it's hard to get them stable. If both are fully functional, they have about the same "regulating" ability, but I've noticed that the Huma have a faster refresh rate than the stock FX Boss/Bobcat regulators. The new FX AMP regs like I have on my .25 Panthera 600mm are very very good. I've had mine set about 135 bar for almost two years now and it doesn't budge...

It was great while it worked. Centercut helped me with it after it started having problems, even gave me a newer oem reg to try but we couldn't get it right. That's when he recommended the Huma. Very easy install & my power level, shot count & accuracy all improved. Couldn't shoot Hades pre-Huma. Now that's all I use for hunting.

Got it. Thanks for the quick response.

Like you, I don’t think I could bring myself to ever parting with the Royale 400 .22 or the .30 Boss. These ST barrels are just that good.

I guess I should order a wider coffin so I can have one FX rifle on each side of me when I’m laid out.😀.

Reactions: Gerry52
When they work, they work well. But once they start creeping, they keep creeping and it's hard to get them stable. If both are fully functional, they have about the same "regulating" ability, but I've noticed that the Huma have a faster refresh rate than the stock FX Boss/Bobcat regulators. The new FX AMP regs like I have on my .25 Panthera 600mm are very very good. I've had mine set about 135 bar for almost two years now and it doesn't budge...

Totally understand. Mike - do you know if the new FX AMP regs can be retrofitted to the older FX reg in my Boss? I can check with Newman, but thought I would ask.

Got it. Thanks for the quick response.

Like you, I don’t think I could bring myself to ever parting with the Royale 400 .22 or the .30 Boss. These ST barrels are just that good.

I guess I should order a wider coffin so I can have one FX rifle on each side of me when I’m laid out.😀.
My Boss & Royale 500 are going with me as well :ROFLMAO: Really love the Bobcat .22 that was gifted to me a couple years back (owned by C'cut at one time) but the Boss & Royale are more like an extension of my body. A part of me. That's what it feels like anyway.

Reactions: tommyb