FX FX BOSS bottle QUESTION

Hello members
I have been casually keeping my eyes open for an FX BOSS.
Tonight, while reading some more about the rifle there was something in the specifications published by FX that had gone unnoticed.
That is, according to FX, the air cylinder (bottle) is "not removable"
Here is a link to the specs

My question is does that mean:
You can't remove the bottle?
or
The bottle must be de-gassed before removal?

I'd like to hear from those in the know

Thanks
Edward

The original has a metal cylinder not removable without degassing but I believe can be replaced with a carbon fiber with the same valve as the Impact to make it lighter ETC.

14.jpg

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
i have a project this weekend swapping out bottles , i thought i was removing a valve from one bottle and installing it in the cf bottle , i guess I'm unscrewing a empty gun and screwing on a new bottle ? didn't know there wasn't a valve in the old aluminum bottle the older boss came with stock , anything i need to know ?
Yes @joelayfield
From my reading (no direct experience with the Boss 30) it is quite possible the original bottle does not have a valve in it.
Therefore, for safety it seems prudent to de-gass before removing the bottle.
Please update this thread with what you learn
I'm especially curious to know whether replacing the original bottle with a CF bottle containing a valve will allow BOSS bottle removal without de-gassing the bottle

My CF bottle is removable, (don't know about metal one) but have to depressurize regulator if working on gun. Easily done by carefully unscrewing the foster fill unit (not foster fitting but "housing" it screws into). Crack it open slowly til it drains reg.
@Gerry52
Regarding de-gassing
I know on the Royales there is a screw fitting beneath the stock screw that can be opened to de-gass. (Thanks @jking)
It is there also on the BOSS
Take a look at parts # A19 & 20. on the attached FX diagram
If I open that screw with the bottle attached to my Royale 400 the bottle and regulator empty
If removing the bottle first, then opening the screw the regulator de-gasses
Maybe that works on the BOSS also

Edward

Yes @joelayfield
From my reading (no direct experience with the Boss 30) it is quite possible the original bottle does not have a valve in it.
Therefore, for safety it seems prudent to de-gass before removing the bottle.
Please update this thread with what you learn
I'm especially curious to know whether replacing the original bottle with a CF bottle containing a valve will allow BOSS bottle removal without de-gassing the bottle

@Gerry52
Regarding de-gassing
I know on the Royales there is a screw fitting beneath the stock screw that can be opened to de-gass. (Thanks @jking)
It is there also on the BOSS
Take a look at parts # A19 & 20. on the attached FX diagram
If I open that screw with the bottle attached to my Royale 400 the bottle and regulator empty
If removing the bottle first, then opening the screw the regulator de-gasses
Maybe that works on the BOSS also

Edward
YES! The STOCK screw, not the foster. I knew that (as I've had to do it more than once). Can't believe I wrote that about the foster! What the heck was I thinking when my fingers were typing? Sorry! So glad you caught that & corrected me. Worries me now that I did that. Yes, the stock screw housing will degas the reg.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
i have a project this weekend swapping out bottles , i thought i was removing a valve from one bottle and installing it in the cf bottle , i guess I'm unscrewing a empty gun and screwing on a new bottle ? didn't know there wasn't a valve in the old aluminum bottle the older boss came with stock , anything i need to know ?
Joe, just remember to degas reg also. That's done by unscrewing (slowly) the stock screw HOUSING (what the stock screw was screwed into before you removed the stock) part # A20 on FX Boss diagram.

i just want to put a cf bottle on this thing , i dont have a valve , i thought i was going to take the valve out of the aluminum bottle thats stock on the gun and install it on the cf bottle , , can i just unscrew this bottle off and screw the new cf bottle on ? did they glue a fitting into the bottle that makes this job a mess ?? i dont care if the bottle has a valve if it will just swap out ,