FX Crown .177 accuracy

If you shoot field target competitions and 99% of the shooters are useing .177 rifles....you would quickly find out that you will have a very very hard time finding a FX .177 in these matches. On the other hand you will see all the other brands named above very very very easily. Its been none for a few years that the .177 FX barrels are not up to the competitions LW barrels. If you were at a match you would quickly realize no one is shooting a FX in .177

Hmmm. Maybe I’m just extremely lucky. I have an Impact in .177 and it shoots very well. Granted I’ve only found it to shoot 2 pellets accurately. The JSB 10’s it shoots flawlessly, while it also shoots the JSB 13’s great as well. Passed 50 though and it shoots the 10’s noticeably better. It does shoot others but nothing I would accept. If I have time today I will shoot some groups at varying ranges and post them. For the 10’s, I’m shooting at 860 I believe but I will need to double check.

Would agree , I've never seen any FX product at a Field Target match other than the Ranchero pistol. Thomas to Crosman & Whiscombe to Gamo ... . I've shot someone new .22 bullpup ( first one they came out with) but there may be something to the FX & .177 thing. People do show up with everything else. Might just be a tough barrel process on such a small tube?

John

Alright, so I got home, got the grill going, madea vodka and lemonade (I’m in Florida) and got a hasty setup for the Impact up. I even videotaped it for y’all and am trying to get it on YouTube for you guys. Now, in the guns defense I speed walked the range 3-4 times I think, then sat down and fired all 10 rounds in under 45 seconds so the gun shoots much better than this.I was in a time crunch. Kids birthday is today and I am cooking. Matter of fact he pulled in as I was taping. So anyways, the rifle shoots sub 1/4 at 50 when I actually shoot. Ya know...I’ll mic it as well but it fits well under my pinky. The testers were shot first . Respectable but I wasn’t worried about controlling my breathing at all for either. Heart rate was up more for the testers is all. Hmm can’t seem to upload my pictures. Irritating. It was .344. I’ll post as I can

FX guns are great (light) hunting guns and make a good long range target gun. But for percision Bench Rest or Field Target shooting, they are not up to the task. Like spysir said, go to any Bench Rest or Field Target match and you won't find any FX air guns. Actually, I know one person who shoots FT with and FX air rifle. That's one in many. 

I deleted my previous post as I realized I sounded like a complete jerk which was not my intent. I believe the op is shooting the rifle far to hot. I also think more trigger time is needed. Far to often I see people jump to conclusions having only shot a few hundred rounds. Try lowering the power so you’re shooting at 860 with the heavies. Granted, I’m shooting the original smooth twist but maybe it will help.

Brian,

Never met you. Certainly some would use an FX , I would if it's all I had. I only meant that out of the 400 so shooters I've shot with "I" have never seen an FX ( ceptin the Ranchero) used.

Are you using the "FT" model FX? Maybe start a thread on it as it is true we do not hear about smoking accurate .177 FX FT rigs.

Back when FX had LWs and walnut stocks you used to see a few but not for 10 years.

Not picking on you or your gear ( I like all airguns!) but I personally would not recomend one for FT unless maybe they wanted to shoot .22.

John

I would like to add that I know few shooters that have success with FX guns. Brian is one of them. His FX Royale is deadly accurate and he won many trophies with it. His FX Elite is also very capable. Sean from rotchester NY has good success with FX streamline.

I've owned FX Impact and it was reasonably accurate. 

But, and it is a big one, you need to get lucky to get accurate FX gun. Also accuracy is there at 20 FPE level, open and Hunter divisions, and at 12 FPE level not so much.

Look at the list of equipment used at FT worlds event, not a single FX gun.

If you shoot field target competitions and 99% of the shooters are useing .177 rifles....you would quickly find out that you will have a very very hard time finding a FX .177 in these matches. On the other hand you will see all the other brands named above very very very easily. Its been none for a few years that the .177 FX barrels are not up to the competitions LW barrels. If you were at a match you would quickly realize no one is shooting a FX in .177

Well I've never been to a field target match, but I did find the closest one to me is DIFTA. Looked at the 1st results for DIFTA I could find (it's on AGN by the way) and wouldn't you know it NOT 1 but 3 FX .177 rifles mentioned in the results

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/difta-ft-match-report-8-4-2018/

Okay I'm going to chime in. I don't understand I'm not a 177 shooter but if I were I'd be buying to BSA or a something like that. I don't understand why you would buy a crown or red wolf in 177. I guess it's for field trial stuff but I don't understand. 1600-2500 for a 177. somebody give me a lesson and explain this all to me cuz I can't understand it!

Well I've never been to a field target match, but I did find the closest one to me is DIFTA. Looked at the 1st results for DIFTA I could find (it's on AGN by the way) and wouldn't you know it NOT 1 but 3 FX .177 rifles mentioned in the results

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/difta-ft-match-report-8-4-2018/

Ok so you looked up one match,,,,,keep looking and see if that is the norm. I would go to bet that FX in .177 is one of the least represented rifles in FT competitions. Im not trying to say they suck,,,,I'm just saying in the last four years the matches in Ohio and NY which consist of local and bigger shoots such as Pyramid air and Crossman,,,you don't see many FX rifles in .177 at all.That has been my experience and i do look around to see what others are shooting.