FX Crown 22 shot count!

Shot from 240bar until it went off the reg.....got 113 shots at the tune you see in the chart. It's possible it went off the reg for maybe the last 8 shots. I couldn't tell by sound, but the pressure gauge read almost 130bar when I was done with the last full mag.

Not bad shot count IMO for a 33 fpe tune.

1543365301_5154440715bfde2b5729188.44310723_Screenshot_20181126-230505.png

1543365277_12201398895bfde29d9c72c4.39929177_IMG_20181127_191916873.jpg

:)

Bruce,

Lighter and not as solid.

The barrel length is 500mm.....sorry to say I don't know how many inches that is without converting. 

😳

The top left target card was the first one, all 5-shot groups except the center target which was the sighter....3 shots. The left column of this card were Sniper Magnums......all other shots were Air Arms 18gr pellets.

The two center targets in the top right card were without the suppressor.....POI was about one inch high.

This 50ft shooting is very hard.....harder with the Crown than the Ultimate Sporter due to it's lighter weight and rearward mounted bipod.

Fun though!

:)

Thanks guys. Yes I was concerned the shot count would take a hit at the higher power, especially since I will be tuning for 950fps with the 19gr slugs ince the liner comes in.

I was happy to see it went over 100. Hopefully I can get 80 with those slugs.

Now I just need to get a decent day to see if this present tune is accurate at 100yds. My first tune wasn't. We have miserable weather and it's darned cold, 18*F right now.

Bob_O

Shot from 240bar until it went off the reg…..got 113 shots at the tune you see in the chart. It's possible it went off the reg for maybe the last 8 shots. I couldn't tell by sound, but the pressure gauge read almost 130bar when I was done with the last full mag. Not bad shot count IMO for a 33 fpe tune.

and not bad shooting at 20 feet Bob!! 😉 (Bob knows I'm kidding)...

I couldn't believe how quiet the Crown was with that tuning and just your Tanto suppressor Bob....I mean we're practically talking "chronographing at three a.m. in the bedroom" quiet...not that I'd try it personally but please report back after you confirm that would you?

Thank you for taking the time to record all this data for us! Out of curiosity, what did you tweak to get the velocity up that high? I am running about 880fps with JSB 18.13s with the power wheel at max (didn't take it out of the stock and adjust the screw manually) and the reg at 135. I can get a 1MOA 10 round group at 100 yards like that if the wind cooperates and I carefully select my already "carefully selected" pellets to exclude damaged skirts etc. (meaning a bit of skill and a bit of luck, you know how it is) I'm curious if a little faster would help or hurt me. :p 

STO,

I haven't had a chance to check this tune for accuracy but I hope it does as good as yours.

I set the regulator at 140bar and TP on 25/30caliber HS 3 (with slack removed).

I don't think you'd be able to get the higher velocity unless you increased the pre-tension of the power wheel (HS adjuster) to work with the higher reg pressure.

Reactions: Milf Dots
@STO, yes, definitely... On mine, when switching from .177/.22 to .25/.30 gets me around 30 to 35 FPS everything else being equal.

One thing to realize is that this platform is capable of shooing up to 78 FPE with the 600mm barrel. Same valve, same action, same transfer port. The only difference is the barrel port/probe port for each of the calibers. For .22, the probe port is about as large as it can get, although I have seen some where the probe port was enlarged (on a Wildcat .22). So it stands to reason that if the gun as a whole is capable of 78 FPE in .30 caliber, getting the .22 to shoot 42 to 45 FPE wouldn't be asking too much. I have a B liner on back order at AOA to do just that to shoot the .22 RD Monster 25.4 grain at around 875 to 880 FPS. I think that's about as fast as it'll be capable of doing with the 500mm barrel (Ernest told me that). Heck, if the RW .22 can shoot over 50 FPE, why not the Crown with a longer (600mm?) barrel.?