FX Crown 22 shot count!

Yes, there was a significant increase in velocity by going up on the TP wheel.

Like 30 - 50 fps I think? I had/have a bunch of Chrono results written down from my initial round of tuning.....different combinations of reg pressure, TP and PW....not every combination had good results over the Chrono. 

Some made more power on the 22 setting and some made more on the 25 setting. Just have to use the PW adjustment to find the balance between the two while at the same time getting the velocity you want. If things are then in harmony (efficient balance of power), it should end up being sweet sounding and accurate.

:)

STO,

I haven't had a chance to check this tune for accuracy but I hope it does as good as yours.

I set the regulator at 140bar and TP on 25/30caliber HS 3 (with slack removed).

I don't think you'd be able to get the higher velocity unless you increased the pre-tension of the power wheel (HS adjuster) to work with the higher reg pressure.

Bob, 

re. your tuning - Can you do all of this externally with the power adjuster settings? Forgive my ignorance, as I'm casually thinking of a Crown .25 in my future and I am trying to gauge if the tuning is done all externally vs. taking the gun apart. From what you describe and in reading the specs, I think you can do all this externally, but not sure how you get the "slack removed." I am not a tinkerer and tuning is still a mystery to me. If you would prefer to PM me, that's fine.

Thanks

Yes the limiting factor on the .22 must be the 500mm barrel length, 54FT is no problem in .25 with the hammer wound into 15mm and the reg at 140, .25/30 port and the MK11 heavies, 47FT with the 25's. Just waiting on some lead free JSB .25's that should be interesting!

Might be worth getting a .22 600mm barrel made up from a Walther poly blank just to try the .22 Monster redesigns in the Crown and see what you can get!

Thanks for the idea, but I went with the Crown so I could shoot the NSA slugs with the Slug-X liner.

Being FX designed the ST barrels around the JSB pellet and were hugely successful there, and they designed the slug liner specifically to shoot the NSA slugs, I am banking on getting the best performance possible from that combo.... probably the main reason I went with the Crown platform.

I want something that works right out of the box....I don't have the time or the money anymore to try and make something work. If you have the time, check Matt Dubbers latest video - crazy long shots - the performance of the NSA slugs is incredible.