FX Fx crown mk2 issue

Milf Dots

Jul 7, 2022
Aloha
I was screwing my bottle on and my crown blasted air out of the side of it. And everytime i attach my bottle now it just blasts air out of the small hole on the side of my gun. Any help would be great?

Photoroom-20240728_132220 (2).png

Reactions: FX Airguns
Yeah regulator rebuild. Just don’t forget the small o ring that sits in the actual gun at the bottom of the threaded cavity the regulator screws into. It’s a PIA but it’s down in there. Just be careful changing it as you don’t want to scratch the metal surface it rides in or it will leak even with the new oring. Maybe use a plastic pick rather than a metal one. I would just replace all the Orings of the regulator along with that body oring while you are in there.

Agree with the above. It is most likely the o-ring that sits in the action body. It is number D29 on the Crown schematic diagram. Since your rifle is a Mk II it will be part # 19790 10 x 1.5 NBR 90. I am attaching an old video by Sub12Airgunners on rebuilding the AMP regulator just for another look at doing it.

It is a huge pain to get that o-ring out and to put back. I found that a cheap set of jeweler glasses with magnifiers and a head light (bought cheap from Amazon) made the whole job much better. I also used a set of copper picks (also from Amazon). To get it out it is best to stab it at an angle and pull it in towards the center of the hole before pulling it out. Putting it back was easier as I could see where it needed to go. I just used a flat plastic pick, not to stick it, but to guide it into the groove. Be sure to lube well with silicon grease before installing. See time 20:20 in the video for a good look at doing this.

The two o-rings on the adjuster ( part #19731 2 x 1 NBR90) are also a pain as they are tiny and need to stretch a bunch. Bagnal and Kirkwood sell a kit (made by the Sub12Airgunner you Tube guys) which includes a delrin "witches' hat" which really helps get those guys on. Look at time 12:50 on the below video.

Cheers,
Greg

Yeah regulator rebuild. Just don’t forget the small o ring that sits in the actual gun at the bottom of the threaded cavity the regulator screws into. It’s a PIA but it’s down in there. Just be careful changing it as you don’t want to scratch the metal surface it rides in or it will leak even with the new oring. Maybe use a plastic pick rather than a metal one. I would just replace all the Orings of the regulator along with that body oring while you are in there.
I like the plastic pick idea(y)