FX FX Dreamline Optics

Hello everyone,

I currently have a FX Dreamline GRS with a large Falcon x50 FT scope. I am finding that pesting in my yard is more my cup of tea and am considering getting rid of the Falcon. I am looking for a fixed mag option that is very lightweight. Probably 5x mag or so. A lot of my pesting is 30 yards and closer. Any recommendations? Should I consider prism sights?

Prism will require a closer eye relief that may not work with the mount/stock length of your setup. SWFA is coming out with a new line of scopes and their 6x42 scopes rock. Leupold has some 4x rimfire scopes that are super light and clear. The 2-7 power variable scopes are a nice option as they give you a little more and less power when needed.

Reactions: Peepskp
This monstrum 1-10 works perfecr.

20240815_160736.jpg

i have a leupold 1-4x lvpo that i had ordered for my gk1 carbine kit. however i switched that back to pistol mode, and ended up putting that featherweight 1-4x scope on my k1. omg, it handles like it has no scope now. it is a dream.

it is a fixed parallax at 100yards, but that can be adjusted without a lot of hassle - just some twists on the rings on one end - leupold might even adjust it for you if you order from the right place. I shoot 50-100yards with my k1 so its perfect for me, but I've never had a scope that I liked the FEEL of more than this one.

If within your budget, take a close look at the Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x33 EFR Adjustable Objective scope
Good glass, extended focus range (EFR), and quick target acquisition.
AND It weighs only 11oz.
$399 on Amazon

When shopping take note that there are other Leupold versions that are pricier (VXII , Rimfire for example), and I do not know the difference

Hope this helps
Edward

My all time favorite is the Vector Optics Veyron 3-12X44 FFP for shooting under 100 yards. Its compact, great glass for $225 and I love it. I wanted a fixed power and have them but this just covers all the basses for a back yard pest killer. The fixed power SWFA Super Sniper are made in Japan still I think but the turrets are super tall and the eye box is pretty precise. If you not in just the right spot getting a full view is hard. But I have them and like them but not as much as the Veyron after bought the first one.

IMG_8590.jpg

barrel tool.jpg

FWIW
The Leupolds are not fixed parallax
They are adjustable objective (AO)

Other members may know better, but I believe concerns about air gun rated are important only if mounting the scope on a springer.

EDIT
There are versions of the Leupold 3-9 that are fixed parallax
Shop carefully
The VX Freedom 3-9x33 is AO
The 3-9x40 versions are not

Last edited:
If within your budget, take a close look at the Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x33 EFR Adjustable Objective scope
AND It weighs only 11oz.
$399 on Amazon

When shopping take note that there are other Leupold versions that are pricier (VXII , Rimfire for example), and I do not know the difference

Hope this helps
Edward

I concur. I have one sitting on the shelf right now as a back up. I've used it on air rifles and PB's. Clear glass and great color (IQ). Mine focuses below 10 yds, which for some is a bonus.

AND It weighs only 11oz.
$399 on Amazon

Hope this helps
Edward

I have an older version of this EFR scope, probably 25 years old, gloss finish. I sent it back about 10 years ago and had click adjustments installed (although not finger click). I agree, it is a great scope for RF and air rifle applications. With all the marketing emphasis on high magnification and side focus, this one has probably seen its best days, in terms of sales. I haven't used mine in a long time, but when I do, I'm always very happy with it. I'm sure the glass is inferior to most current scopes, but it always seems crystal clear to me.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
I have an older version of this EFR scope, probably 25 years old, gloss finish. I sent it back about 10 years ago and had click adjustments installed (although not finger click). I agree, it is a great scope for RF and air rifle applications. With all the marketing emphasis on high magnification and side focus, this one has probably seen its best days, in terms of sales. I haven't used mine in a long time, but when I do, I'm always very happy with it. I'm sure the glass is inferior to most current scopes, but it always seems crystal clear to me.
I have one on my FX Tarantula
The gloss finish looks superb on the gloss finish rifle
The two of them working together (scope & rifle) are a pretty deadly combo
There is just nothing like fast target acquisition and laser accuracy
Edward

Reactions: Dairyboy
I will #2 Vector Optics

I have the Veyron 6 - 24 FFP in the old no illuminated reticle, it is a nice little scope.
Most important for me, it have a price i can manage.
And if / when i get a compact rifle it will go strait on that for sure.

Otherwise for +100 yards shooting with .177 i use big scopes that at least in the case of one of them, you can beat a man to death with it.
but it aint going to focus under 25 yards.