FX Dreamline POI shifts -HELP

Dreamline Classic .177 in Saber Tactical stock; Rowan single shot tray. Gun is 6 months old, only about 500 pelllets through it, got it from Utah Airguns. I've reached out a few times to them, crickets, no reply. POI shifts after every +- 30 shots, up to about an inch, left, right, up, down, basically all around the clock:
- Checked action screws, all tight
-Barrel feels tight in action
-Brand new Hawke scope, rings tight
-Velocity constant 898-903fps from 220bar down to 150bar; 10.3gr Premiers
-Removed barrel band, issue still there
-Removed material above the picatinny rail on fore end so that rail doesn't touch air tube, issue still there

Any ideas? POI shifts are my pet hate, if I can't get this thing to shoot consistentlly it'll be the end of the FX chapter for me.

Last edited:
Pull the shroud off and check the tension nut that holds the liner in. Also when you have the shroud off, there should be a couple of spacers to keep the liner centered in the shroud. Why FX does not put some sort of tape on both sides of the spacers to keep them in place is beyond me. As you shoot the air that gets directed down the shroud will force those spacers closer to the action. Tape one at the end of the liner and one half way down before putting the shroud back on. I also pull the orings off the shroud end connections. In that I get a tighter fit and less movement when metal tightens against metal vs the orings being there.

Pull the shroud off and check the tension nut that holds the liner in. Also when you have the shroud off, there should be a couple of spacers to keep the liner centered in the shroud. Why FX does not put some sort of tape on both sides of the spacers to keep them in place is beyond me. As you shoot the air that gets directed down the shroud will force those spacers closer to the action. Tape one at the end of the liner and one half way down before putting the shroud back on. I also pull the orings off the shroud end connections. In that I get a tighter fit and less movement when metal tightens against metal vs the orings being there.
Thanks a ton so far for this! So the nut as tight as possible, or is there a sweet spot? When you say tape the psacers in, do you wrap tape around the liner either side of the spacer? And one spacer midway, the other at the front end of the liner? Sure I'll have more questions when I actually take it apart tonight!

Reactions: .20calguy
Get the tension nut snug pretty snug. Don't ham fist it and strip threads. Mark the flat that faces up with a black marker so you know where to stop if you strip it down again. I use a thin strip of duct tape on both sides of the spacer over the liner. One in the middle and the other about an inch from the liner tip.
Ok great thanks, I'll try all of this. Do you use a barrel band or do you leave it off?

Dreamline Classic .177 in Saber Tactical stock; Rowan single shot tray. Gun is 6 months old, only about 500 pelllets through it, got it from Utah Airguns. I've reached out a few times to them, crickets, no reply. POI shifts after every +- 30 shots, up to about an inch, left, right, up, down, basically all around the clock:
- Checked action screws, all tight
-Barrel feels tight in action
-Brand new Hawke scope, rings tight
-Velocity constant 898-903fps from 220bar down to 150bar; 10.3gr Premiers
-Removed barrel band, issue still there
-Removed material above the picatinny rail on fore end so that rail doesn't touch air tube, issue still there

Any ideas? POI shifts are my pet hate, if I can't get this thing to shoot consistentlly it'll be the end of the FX chapter for me.
I have several FX guns and none have POI shift. But it's only true when using JSB/AA/FX pellets. Crosman pellets go wild every 10 shots or so. Slugs are even worse. So you may want to test if POI stays with JSB pellets. Weights matter too, 10.34gr and 8.4gr are the best.

bsahogger,
Have you tried indexing your barrel?
Also, you can use a carbon fiber tube on your liner to keep your shroud spacer in place in lieu of tape on the liner. It will stiffen your liner/barrel/shroud and greatly reduce POI shifts from barrel bumps or temp changes.
I don't think indexing will make a difference because the point of impact moves, it's not as though it consistently shoots too high or too low for instance. The carbon fibre tube sounds very good, I would like the barrel assembly to be more rigid. I'm also not very impressed with the little spacers, they can cant, so I don't think they're that great in supporting the shroud (more in another post, I did the tape fix). Can you share details of where to get the carbon fibre tubing please?

Last edited:
I have several FX guns and none have POI shift. But it's only true when using JSB/AA/FX pellets. Crosman pellets go wild every 10 shots or so. Slugs are even worse. So you may want to test if POI stays with JSB pellets. Weights matter too, 10.34gr and 8.4gr are the best.
I have tried AA 8.3gr pellets (4.52mm) & they don't group as well as the Premiers. I haven't checked them for POI shifts but I'm not excited about the group sizes so I won't carry on with them. I will try JSB next, good tip thanks!

Ok tape stops are in place. I'm not very impressed with these spacers, they're kinda flimsy & they can cant.
1721878302941.png

I don't think indexing will make a difference because the point of impact moves, it's not as though it consistently shoots too high or too low for instance. The carbon fibre tube sounds very good, I would like the barrel assembly to be more rigid. I'm also not very impressed with the little spacers, they can cant, so I don't think they're that great in supporting the shroud (more in another post, I did the tape fix). Can you share details of where to get the carbon fibre tubing please?
Utah airguns has carbon fiber tubing for the FX barrels, if you don’t mind dealing with them again. There are other vendors who have them also, but I got mine at Utah air.

Utah airguns has carbon fiber tubing for the FX barrels, if you don’t mind dealing with them again. There are other vendors who have them also, but I got mine at Utah air.
So does it fit tight around the liner? And I'll need 2 pieces right? One between the action & the first spacer, then one between the two spacers? Do you epoxy them on to the liner?

My .177 caliber FX Dreamlines and Crowns have been a challenge to find the right pellet at the right speed for the right distances. Non-diabolo(JSB 10.34g, 13.43g, etc...) shaped pellets tend to spiral at longer(past 50 yards) distances or closer if the speed isn't high enough. They also got destroyed(spiraling) by wind. 8.4g variants were all very consistently accurate out to 40 yards or so at 850 to 890fps, but they were easily moved by any wind. JSB Monster redesigns and JSB Knockouts(13.43) at 900 were probably the most consistent out to 50yards, but I found .22 cal FX barrels SOOOO much easier to get consistently accurate and out to longer distances. Plus my .177 Brocock Sniper always out-shot my .177 FXs, so switched all my FXs to .22 or .25.
I've found indexing FX liners to 12:00 gave me the least variance in group sizes.

Utah Airguns(or most places that sell FX) have carbon fiber sleeves for sale. Just choose your caliber and length liner.
Good luck

Screenshot_20240724-235144.png

My .177 caliber FX Dreamlines and Crowns have been a challenge to find the right pellet at the right speed for the right distances. Non-diabolo(JSB 10.34g, 13.43g, etc...) shaped pellets tend to spiral at longer(past 50 yards) distances or closer if the speed isn't high enough. They also got destroyed(spiraling) by wind. 8.4g variants were all very consistently accurate out to 40 yards or so at 850 to 890fps, but they were easily moved by any wind. JSB Monster redesigns and JSB Knockouts(13.43) at 900 were probably the most consistent out to 50yards, but I found .22 cal FX barrels SOOOO much easier to get consistently accurate and out to longer distances. Plus my .177 Brocock Sniper always out-shot my .177 FXs, so switched all my FXs to .22 or .25.
I've found indexing FX liners to 12:00 gave me the least variance in group sizes.

Utah Airguns(or most places that sell FX) have carbon fiber sleeves for sale. Just choose your caliber and length liner.
Good luck

View attachment 482659
Very good info so far, thanks a ton! So with the liner, epoxy or no? Also, where do you put the spacers? Right now one is halfway down the barrel, the other is closer to the muzzle? Do you cut the carbon tube in half? How often do you clean the FX barrels?

Try it without epoxy 1st. Mine were fairly snug going on my liners. I only had to epoxy 1 of my liners after I didn't see an immediate improvement.
The carbon fiber will end about an inch and a half before the muzzle. No need to cut anything. Just remove both spacers, slide the carbon tube down to the jam nut, then replace one of the spacers.
You have to work out the cleaning regime that is best for your particular liner. Clean it thoroughly(buy a Patchworm cleaning kit with felt buttons if you don't have one already) and keep track of how many pellets you shoot until the accuracy starts to drop. On my guns, it was as few as every 200 shots, or as long as 2,000 shots (4 tins of pellets!).