FX Dreamline valve seat issues

I was shooting the Dreamline the other day, and after a shot the gun started to hiss loudly. The gun lost air fast enough that it was out of air in about a minute. After replacing a lot of o-rings from the foster fitting to the receiver with no noticeable effect, I thought that it might have been a problem with the valve or valve seat.

When I took it out (the old-style valve installation, not the new one, bummer), I found a broken o-ring and what's in this picture.
PXL_20220825_170002172.MP.jpg

A youtube video has a valve seat that looks like this:
GoodRing.PNG

And this parts diagram doesn't show a washer like in the first picture, but a one-piece valve seat with a groove for the o-ring.
Diagram.PNG

I replaced the o-ring, and the gun no longer leaked like crazy, but still leaked. As in 400 psi or so an hour. I'm thinking that the valve seat is broken, and that 'washer' is really the back side of the valve seat, broken off. That the washer is really a collar that was pressed into the rest of the fitting to make a groove for the o-ring, and that it's broken off. Am I correct?
Modify message

I also have a Dreamline with the old style valve pin and seat. I broke the one in my gun twice. The second time I broke mine Newman (FX customer support tech) told me about a more robust part being made by his aftermarket company 'https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/'. I bought and installed the one he recommended and have not had another problem. Below is a photo of the back side of the seat from my gun showing a hairline crack where the seat was leaking and eventually going to break completely like yours did. I have also included a link to the 'better' replacement part. Good luck. Chip.

Valve seat crack detail.jpg

I also have a Dreamline with the old style valve pin and seat. I broke the one in my gun twice. The second time I broke mine Newman (FX customer support tech) told me about a more robust part being made by his aftermarket company 'https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/'. I bought and installed the one he recommended and have not had another problem. Below is a photo of the back side of the seat from my gun showing a hairline crack where the seat was leaking and eventually going to break completely like yours did. I have also included a link to the 'better' replacement part. Good luck. Chip.

View attachment 285306

Of course I've already ordered the part from FX. :(

Or you can go to 910 airguns and pick up the titanium reinforced valve seat that they carry
771ED4E6-7CD4-45A4-8602-36E59B9821D9.png

Reactions: qball and ram2jeep
Or you can go to 910 airguns and pick up the titanium reinforced valve seat that they carry
View attachment 285324

910 is Newman, 😆.

View attachment 285324

I agree, this is the route you should take.

And when you have fitted a reinforced valve seat in your FX Dream line the valve pin will break after a couple of dozen shots and after that the hole where the pin sits will become bigger.
Are you suggesting the fix for this, such as replacing the valve pin when replacing the seat?
Do you know of a better part than the OEM valve?
Or is you just blowing off steam (understandably), and warning of a problem you had?
Edward

Are you suggesting the fix for this, such as replacing the valve pin when replacing the seat?
Do you know of a better part than the OEM valve?
Or is you just blowing off steam (understandably), and warning of a problem you had?
Edward

My FX Dream line the hole that the valve pin sits inside has become bigger from 'wear & tear' after firing a couple of dozen shots.

No one makes a better part to replace the sub standard OEM valve pin.