FX Fx drs classic walnut version!!!

What brand is hp
Brk- Brocock Ghost High Power. They are owned by Daystate and very high quality. I have 2 reveres 177-22. Love them very accurate but a little light weight for a bench rest gun. The ghost has a 23 inch (600mm) barrel and a bit more weight than the revere but still a compact size. I have 2 and enjoy both they are very accurate and easily adjustable

Reactions: Faisal911
Ok ,
gave it another go,
before I make up my mind to call Utah air gun Tomorrow,
and I m confused now guys,
check these stats out… B85057CF-BAD9-4E10-B9FB-36B6885E7D7C.jpegF5BB716F-5A47-45DE-837D-534F5CF264A1.jpegB472DF86-C37A-4E4C-8332-181305FEC2AF.jpegF848E44C-70E7-4B13-B08A-57B55C76BD92.jpeg

That rifle definitely is not tuned for that pellet. You can tell that from the spread on speeds. Not close. I don’t know what the conversation was like when you purchased it, expecting it to be tuned like you wanted, but that is not in tune at all.
The guys who sold me this said this gun likes jsb 10.34!!!
but my test results show me
this gun loves H&N field target trophy 8.64!!!
now it makes me wonder if its the shape of the projectile that matters more when looking for accuracy than the weight of projectile!!!!

Did you clean the barrel ?
Nope!!!
just when I received it like few weeks back that’s when I cleaned it,
I m gonna run some more tests with different pellets tomorrow to clear all the doubts out of my mind before i pick up the phone and annoy Utah air guys!!!
I guess this is a very pellet picky pcp then!!!

Last edited:
I see two things in this topic. First, I see the all too common honeymoon post when a guy first shoots his new toy. Then days later, unhappiness. I respect your honesty and not being ashamed that you may have prematurely……….posted. Second thing I see is that your barrel wants to shoot pellets fast. I would try those 10.34’s at 915+fps before I gave up on the gun. You have plenty of shot count to play with. Just turn up the reg a little, find the max speed with the hammer spring until you get to 910ish fps and test. Then bump it up again if no good. I would test all the way to 930fps before I gave up on that pellet. Remember, baby steps with adjusting the reg. You have time.

The guys who sold me this said this gun likes jsb 10.34!!!
but my test results show me
this gun loves H&N field target trophy 8.64!!!
now it makes me wonder if its the shape of the projectile that matters more when looking for accuracy than the weight of projectile!!!!
Weight matters first when it comes to a particular tune. You tunes would normally be different on 10’s vs 8’s.

Based on your targets, it definitely appears to be better setup for 8’s. If your original shot strings on here were with 10’s, I agree that it looks like they are probably being shot too slow for typical 10’s accuracy. If 10’s are too slow on that tune, then it’s probably better for 8’s, which seems to fit.

I don’t know anything about the DRS for tuning, because I don’t see any usually FX knobs to help you. But the general tuning ideas are the same for most all PCPs once you figure out how to adjust the reg and hammer spring.

Most retailers are good about support after the purchase. Call Utah and tell them about what you are seeing and ask for help.

I see two things in this topic. First, I see the all too common honeymoon post when a guy first shoots his new toy. Then days later, unhappiness. I respect your honesty and not being ashamed that you may have prematurely……….posted. Second thing I see is that your barrel wants to shoot pellets fast. I would try those 10.34’s at 915+fps before I gave up on the gun. You have plenty of shot count to play with. Just turn up the reg a little, find the max speed with the hammer spring until you get to 910ish fps and test. Then bump it up again if no good. I would test all the way to 930fps before I gave up on that pellet. Remember, baby steps with adjusting the reg. You have time.
Yeah,
honeslty I m very hesitant to go down that fine tuning road,
but I can see that coming since I jumped on this pcp wagon!!!
I think it’s time to watch boat load of reg & hammer spring adj videos!!!

Reactions: tibor
If you are hesitant to go down a tuning road then PCP’s are probably not going to work out for you. I didn’t have to touch the reg on my DRS but I did have to adjust the hammer spring to get my gun to behave. Some PCP’s you don’t have to fiddle with initially. But you eventually have to fiddle with all of them.

I own no FX rifles but I suggest you try H&N Baracuda Match pellets and H&N Baracuda FT pellets. They are heavier and would seem better suited to your current tune. The FTs are a little under 10 grains and the Match are a little heaver than the 10.3 JSBs. I have not seen a tune dramatically change the accuracy of any of my 6 PCPs except possible the installation of a much larger plenum on my P35-25. But pellets make a big difference in the accuracy of all my PCPs. To me the two "go to" brands are H&N and JSB. I think too many people assume JSBs are always more accurate.

Once you settle on a pellet, I would at least try different hammer spring settings. I'd have to see your groups with the Revere but some of the 35 yard groups with FTTs didn't look bad. You are probably pushing them well over 900 fps - a little fast. Wind also makes a big difference especially on a 177. If there was even a slight breeze I think those groups are pretty darn good. But if the revere was shooting groups that were a lot smaller under the same conditions I can understand why you would be disappointed. But a different pellet may make a big difference.

Reactions: Faisal911
I own no FX rifles but I suggest you try H&N Baracuda Match pellets and H&N Baracuda FT pellets. They are heavier and would seem better suited to your current tune. The FTs are a little under 10 grains and the Match are a little heaver than the 10.3 JSBs. I have not seen a tune dramatically change the accuracy of any of my 6 PCPs except possible the installation of a much larger plenum on my P35-25. But pellets make a big difference in the accuracy of all my PCPs. To me the two "go to" brands are H&N and JSB. I think too many people assume JSBs are always more accurate.

Once you settle on a pellet, I would at least try different hammer spring settings. I'd have to see your groups with the Revere but some of the 35 yard groups with FTTs didn't look bad. You are probably pushing them well over 900 fps - a little fast. Wind also makes a big difference especially on a 177. If there was even a slight breeze I think those groups are pretty darn good. But if the revere was shooting groups that were a lot smaller under the same conditions I can understand why you would be disappointed. But a different pellet may make a big difference.
agree,
Jsb is overrated,
I will try to post some revere group shots when I can,
yeah I think i will muster up some courage and try to fiddle with hammer spring some time soon on this drs,
I just took some more drs group shots..
enjoy.
and yeah the wind out here pretty decent…
DA41F6DF-5D7E-4383-9B89-AF3381463334.jpegD22CCD76-665F-47E6-8130-EDC46A11089C.jpeg814DDE7B-3900-40E4-8FEC-53D9C5ED6AC9.jpegE873F250-5B3E-401E-9189-F72662FA7203.jpeg27F505FA-5408-4222-A3AB-2CB57654C689.jpeg3C5F5A97-C906-40BC-8A09-EBCB9A824936.jpeg923B8EEB-9259-4309-A8D6-D25A05E0E4D8.jpeg8F24EAD7-DD67-4E4C-861F-F9C6382AFBA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Jumping around with different pellets isn't going to give you your best groups . If one is showing promise stick with it for 20-30 rounds and judge it from there. It should be set up for 10.3-10.5gr pellets. I would think.

The .177, 10.3 Hades shot terrible in my bullpup . Guys were saying to slow them down 700-800 fps and they will be more accurate. I haven't tried it yet but they shot like crap 890 fps . And my 600 fps springer is accurate with them .

Get a patchworm kit if you don't have one . And Ballistol for the patches. And a straw. Good luck 👍

Jumping around with different pellets isn't going to give you your best groups . If one is showing promise stick with it for 20-30 rounds and judge it from there. It should be set up for 10.3-10.5gr pellets. I would think.

The .177, 10.3 Hades shot terrible in my bullpup . Guys were saying to slow them down 700-800 fps and they will be more accurate. I haven't tried it yet but they shot like crap 890 fps . And my 600 fps springer is accurate with them .

Get a patchworm kit if you don't have one . And Ballistol for the patches. And a straw. Good luck 👍
I understand that not every pcp can spit out any ammo with extreme accuracy,
but I also trying to u Dera fans if shape of the ammo makes any difference like flat heads vs domed or pointed vs hollow…
I do have hope’s cleaning kit for sure…
I love my Diana lp8- magnum carbine in .177,
over 4 years and no problem whatsoever,
super super accurate…
the only downside is,
she doesn’t shoot with Authority past 25yds…

I think too many people assume JSBs are always more accurate.
Correct.

My M22 pcp like H&N 18 up to 150 meter but JSB not at all, not even at 25 meter. My wife's pcp like JSB 14gr but do best with H&N 14gr. My break barrel like Rifle Premium 18.6gr most but also good with H&N, JTS and JSB. This weekend I shot with a friend's M16, basically the same as my M22 but not regulated and it shoots best with JSB at 870fps. Barrels and mostly harmonics differ from rifle to rifle.

You are probably pushing them well over 900 fps - a little fast.
As for speed, my pcp don't like to shoot at lower speeds, nothing less than 920 but do best at 940 - 950fps and I did try anything from 600fps to over 1,000 fps with the 18gr pellets. Interesting, it shoots JSB RS 13gr good at over 1,100 fps but with some way off flyers every 6th or 7th shot. So, don't be afraid to experiment with all different speeds your rifle can handle.

I just took some more drs group shots..
I would be frustrated with that as well. Get that fear of tuning behind you and start fiddling with it. You will not break it.
Watch some of Steve's video about tuning as it will help you a lot. Here is one but some of his other videos also explain it well.

Some revere vs drs shots somparrison as u asked sir!!!6F8A1CDD-F8B1-4669-B711-FBCFEC3AB206.jpeg0DC9A858-4768-4E36-98D5-E4C2B6BA526F.jpegD1825D65-D61F-4D08-A8B3-47364996ADD5.jpeg9902147D-0C77-4360-A07B-82B96196507E.jpegA98541BF-2D1E-40B6-8462-A52B29FF6CDF.jpeg