FX FX DRS with low velocity first shot! What should I check?

I can get a full 3 magazines, it starts falling off the regulator about half way through the 4th mag. The angled manometer mount is the same as the Impact M3. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it on there, but for now it will stay so I can monitor the regulator pressure.

There is a plug on the bottom of the SHP plenum like the one on the front of the standard plenum, so you can probably mount a gauge facing down on the bottom of the plenum if you don't have the angled mount. The angled mount prevents the ability to remove the stock without removing all the air from the gun and removing the mount.
Thanks for the info! Sadly the 600mm here is out of stock. So I will wait..

I see you run a moderator, how is the sound with the moderator? Backyard friendly?

Thanks for the info! Sadly the 600mm here is out of stock. So I will wait..

I see you run a moderator, how is the sound with the moderator? Backyard friendly?
Very, it's an STO Falx, so probably a bit overkill. I had one of the stock FX empty can moderators on it and that was really enough to make it backyard friendly and it's the same diameter as the air cylinder, so it just looks like a longer barrel. The DonnyFL FX moderator is also the same diameter as the air cylinder and is quieter than the empty can.

Reactions: Ries
Very, it's an STO Falx, so probably a bit overkill. I had one of the stock FX empty can moderators on it and that was really enough to make it backyard friendly and it's the same diameter as the air cylinder, so it just looks like a longer barrel. The DonnyFL FX moderator is also the same diameter as the air cylinder and is quieter than the empty can.

Alright, thanks for all the info. I know what my next purchase will be ;) .

I just saw that Huma has released their regulator for the DRS, if you ever want to swap it.

Day two at my camp. DRS sitting for about 20 hours. From previous testing I know my first slow shot or shots has zero effect at 30 yards. Today I fired my first shot at 59 yards. Not good. Too low. But on the positive side it was so low that there was no risk of wounding something. I like the gun enough that I’m trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

When I get to 500 pellets and this is still an issue, decisions will have to be made. Might also have a slight POI issue. But I’m not gonna jump the gun on that just yet. Gotta get some more lead through it.

I can get a full 3 magazines, it starts falling off the regulator about half way through the 4th mag. The angled manometer mount is the same as the Impact M3. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it on there, but for now it will stay so I can monitor the regulator pressure.

There is a plug on the bottom of the SHP plenum like the one on the front of the standard plenum, so you can probably mount a gauge facing down on the bottom of the plenum if you don't have the angled mount. The angled mount prevents the ability to remove the stock without removing all the air from the gun and removing the mount.
So how do you go about degassing the gun without taking it out of the stock? I know there's a screw to degas the rifle, but I assumed it was covered by the stock. I haven't gotten mine yet so I'm trying to figure out how everything works without actually having the rifle in hand.

Paul, nice plenum install and what an awesome jump in FPS/FPE with no other changes! Enjoy shooting it! Rats beware...🤗
Thank you Randall! I'm having a bit of a dry spell right now with rats, but I'll be ready when they return! I have the PARD set up with 4 profiles, 2 for 22 grain FX Hybrid slugs at 35 and 50 yards and 2 for AEA 21.9 grain pellets at 35 and 50 yards! Both these projectiles are extremely accurate and are pushing 44+ FPE! That ought to send a shock wave through them!

@FLgunner, we need to do a test. How long can the gun sit before Mr Firstsleepyshot shows up. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try to see if it takes an hour or hours.
I just checked the regulator gauge this morning, it's still sitting at 5 BAR above what it was when I put it away yesterday afternoon. When I checked it before going to bed last night, it was sitting right at 3 BAR above. While shooting it stays at a solid 130 BAR. I sure hope it settles down or at least not impact the first few shot's POI as much as it does now.

Reactions: Dairyboy
To save you all the headaches, changing regs from AMP to HUMA won't change a thing. Until I'm proven wrong, a tempture swing will cause this. If the guns sits in a stable environment, it won't rise.
I do notice this with my Crown as well, and it has a Huma Regulator installed. However, my Dreamline Classic, which also has a Huma Regulator, does not. Shooting 5 shots to stabilize it is fine if target shooting, but not for pesting. The first shot is often your only shot and the most critical for accuracy. The first shot from my Crown is a lower velocity, but not enough to change POI of the first shot. On the DRS it is significant enough to impact POI as much as a ½ inch.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I do notice this with my Crown as well, and it has a Huma Regulator installed. However, my Dreamline Classic, which also has a Huma Regulator, does not. Shooting 5 shots to stabilize it is fine if target shooting, but not for pesting. The first shot is often your only shot and the most critical for accuracy. The first shot from my Crown is a lower velocity, but not enough to change POI of the first shot. On the DRS it is significant enough to impact POI as much as a ½ inch.
Interesting on the Dreamline. If my 1st shot needs to count, I just dry fire it inside before I head out. Temperature will be more stable in my area in the next few weeks, so I'm curious on the results. Right now, the mornings are in the low 40's, then reach the upper 80's by mid day.

Temperature doesn’t really play a factor for me, my Airgun is sitting in a DeathGrip tripod inside my air conditioned house. The temp is a steady 73 degrees all day and night. I have an alarm set up where the rats are present, and a surveillance camera. So, when the alarm goes off, I check the camera to confirm it’s a rat and then just open the window long enough to get on target and pull the trigger. This is typically under a minute, so not enough time for the temperature in the house to change. I feel this is strictly internal to the air gun. I can fill it after shooting and the regulator shows a solid 130 BAR from there it will slowly creep up to 135 BAR where it finally stays until the Airgun is shot again. Filling and resting is all in the same air conditioned environment.

The Dreamline has the regulator in the air cylinder and uses what I refer to as the old style regulator that slides into the air tube. The Crown and DRS use the newer small regulators. I’m not sure if there is any significant difference, but I know my Dreamline, and Marauder, which both have the same type of regulator, don’t exhibit the same low velocity first shots.

Thank you Randall! I'm having a bit of a dry spell right now with rats, but I'll be ready when they return! I have the PARD set up with 4 profiles, 2 for 22 grain FX Hybrid slugs at 35 and 50 yards and 2 for AEA 21.9 grain pellets at 35 and 50 yards! Both these projectiles are extremely accurate and are pushing 44+ FPE! That ought to send a shock wave through them!
Paul....I think that shockwave will literally split them in half....😂👍